Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: General Football Debates

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Is these player worth the price? Or do you think some of them overprice/underprice?
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF
    Issues:

1) Transfer prices are too high. Excessively high. Unnecessarily high.

2) The order of those transfers is quite funny.

3) Some names on the list are just too funny. Both as names and as the quality of their bearer.

4) I'd argue that Bonucci and Salah are the only "reasonable" transfers in terms of their fee. Probably Matic as well, it'd be nitpicking to call him 'slightly overpriced'. If you compare to previous eras, quality and (imaginary, can't bother to check) adjusted inflation. And I'm completely ignoring the transfermarktd valuations.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Every player is considered overrated by someone in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Mohamed Salah is never overpriced, he's always underrated
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Chelsea paid 40 million for Drinkwater?
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

8. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Chamberlain and siggurdsson are way to high
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    If you guys had to make a list of your five favourite fooballers to watch, would you choose? Trying to avoid the two obvious answers. For me:

1) Bale
    2) De Bruyne
    3) Reus
    4) Griezmann
    5) Florenzi

Bale and his speed/free kicks, when healthy, is simply magical. Watching him carry Wales last year was awesome. Florenzi is a homer pick, as he's one of my favourite Italian players. I just love guys who can do a little bit of everything.
    De Bruyne has been fantastic but haven't watch enough of Griezmann, don't get why Florenzi is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just me or does anyone else see a lot of similarities between Morata and Icardi.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    De Bruyne has been fantastic but haven't watch enough of Griezmann, don't get why Florenzi is there.
    Part Falcao's Law, part he's a beast in FIFA '18, but mostly just appreciation that he's pretty damn good at just about everything on the pitch, although not great at any one thing.

12. Thanks (1): Toninu

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Dembele's real value 33m is incredibly low. I thought he would be worth a lot more given his age and potential

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Chelsea paid 40 million for Drinkwater?
    English players are always overpriced. Remember Liverpool paying 35m pounds for a literal donkey?