Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: General Football Debates

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Though saying that id rather play for my national team over any other team even Inter.
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    What's more important/prestigious - club- or national team football and why? And what brings you more joy/misery?
    I would say the prestige associated with national team football has faded over the years. Heroes of recent world cups are often defined by their contributions at the club level first and foremost as fans realize strong WC performances are usually a one-time spike in form.

When you throw in that some quality players will never even have the chance to realistically bring glory to their country (Zlatan, Bale, Salah, Aubameyang) I think it's clear the average fan will value a strong club contributor over a national team contributor.

Some players argue that the UEFA UCL is more important to them than the WC. I can't imagine any sort of competition even being compared to the WC in the 80s.

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

Whoops, I don't know how this flew right over my head. Potentially a way too interesting thread for me to let it die.

Sending this one back to ADR.

4. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Netherlands

Milan are the second best team in Serie A this season. Go.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Fernando Gago, the best player in the world. Go.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member

glolious FOZA INDA get 11/12mil from Pirelli and 20 mil from Nike...If it is that high even...dunno

DON'T GO,COME BACK

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Why the fuck do Intel pay 5 million to be on the inside? I've seen a celebration where the bottom half of a Barcelona shirt appears maybe once.

12. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Maicon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    With a good coach you can over achieve. Montella has shown to be a good coach so I think they'll over achieve and finish second though pound for pound they do not have the 2nd best squad.
    Platano Power
    TIMO WERNER

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    With a good coach you can over achieve. Montella has shown to be a good coach so I think they'll over achieve and finish second though pound for pound they do not have the 2nd best squad.
    Which drugs did you take?!

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Why the fuck do Intel pay 5 million to be on the inside? I've seen a celebration where the bottom half of a Barcelona shirt appears maybe once.
    I guess it backs up their slogan.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

18. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Joker, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    I guess it backs up their slogan.
    My mind has been blown by Fitzy and this bottle of rum. I'll be kind and say it's 99% Fitzy and 1% rum.

I'm also after accidentally deleting all 1 of your Thanks on that post so sorry about that.

20. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post

glolious FOZA INDA get 11/12mil from Pirelli and 20 mil from Nike...If it is that high even...dunno

DON'T GO,COME BACK
    Remember when barca started with the unicef ad and they were like it s only temporary for a good cause after that will go back to not having a sponsor?
    Fucking barca allways trying to act superior but in the end beeing the biggest whores of them all!
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

22. Thanks (1): J..

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Remember when barca started with the unicef ad and they were like it s only temporary for a good cause after that will go back to not having a sponsor?
    Fucking barca allways trying to act superior but in the end beeing the biggest whores of them all!
    Yeah and they did it for free back then IIRC. Now they're getting 2M a year from an NGO Although fuck Unicef, they are as corrupt as they get.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

24. Thanks (1): J..

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

imagine giving money to unicef to be helping with charity and that money is being sent to Barcelona. What in the under fuck, how can that be allowed.

26. Thanks (2): ADRossi, J..

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

Next discussion: Farca is the Spanish version of Rubentus...
    Go!

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    imagine giving money to unicef to be helping with charity and that money is being sent to Barcelona. What in the under fuck, how can that be allowed.
    Well, Unicef, as any other organisation, for or non-profit, needs advertising to drive revenues... ehm... donations up. If those two mills given to Barca are getting them 4M then it's a win-win.
    ó Massimo Moratti

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti

Albania

It says -2 mil. So as I understand it, they donate 2 millions a year and therefore get a better image as donators. Then it also drives donations of UNICEF by them having them on their shirt. So I don't think it's advertisement in that sense. It's more of an improvement of Barca's image.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    I seem to remember something about them donating when they first did it so I think you're right.

Get fecked Dylen.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

33. Thanks (2): MVD, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Its what i assummed for the -2, have nothing against them for giving to a charity and sponsoring them
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    As i understand it they are not giving them 2 mio on top of the ad they just give them the ad for free and it s valued at 2mio so it s a 2mio loss for barca.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte