Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job interview

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

Job interview

Right! As the title says...

I applied for a job in April, turned out they were interested.

So I had to make them a cheesy mobile video about why I was suited for the job and who "I am".

After that they called me and wanted a interview with me, it all went well... but now they want me to come for a second interview and I have absolutely no fucking clue what they'll ask.
    The director of the firm is gonna be there apparantly..

Therefore FIF, I need your help. Have any of you been in a similar scenario?

The job is a car salesman for one of the biggest groups in Norway - They deal with one of the best brands in the world.

Macedonia

Just be yourself.

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

If its for a car salesman role, then dont be surprised if they ask you to sell them something.

Hopefully you get the job
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4. Thanks (1): Lyran

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    not been in the same situation but just know a reasonable amount of stuff, dont lie, admit when you dont know something, and come across enthusiastic.

also, dont forget, a job interview is two ways. Why should you work for them as much as it is why they should hire you

6. Thanks (1): Lyran

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Think a lot about your cover page (if you sent them one along with your resume, any cerifications, etc). Look confident, there's no such thing as overdressing, and tell them why you're the best candidate for the job and NOT why you think you're suitable for it/why you want it. Also always ask questions, but not dumb/illegal ones. Stuff like "how does one work their way up job positions here?" and "how do you manage the workforce?" are good questions, employers are more likely to hire someone if they have questions cause it shows legitimate interest in the job. They're also going to hire you based off how they believe you'll fit in with the current people who work there including themselves. Don't come across dweeby, arrogant, or do anything to make yourself look bad (remember, no such thing as overdressing lol).

And remember there are questions you don't have to answer as well. There are illegal questions that a lot of employers ask that most people don't know are illegal, so if you're uncomfortable answering something just pass it.

I'm sure you're doing fantastic if you've made it this far though, so don't sweat it.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

8. Thanks (3): A.l.i, Lyran, Pharaoh

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    I just switched jobs, so I went through interviews the past few months.

My suggestions:

1. Research the position & company/firm. Know what you're getting into, and know what they do. Showing interest and knowing a little bit about the company will go a long ways to show your interest.

2. Don't lie. If you don't know something or if they hire you because you lied your way through, it's going to end up badly. Don't say flat out you don't know something, but try to show your thought process, that's probably more what they're interested in.

3. Have your friends grill you beforehand. It'll help to go through this in a casual setting so that you prepare answers to common questions. If you wanna go all in, research on Glassdoor what similar positions interviewees get asked. Write down your answer just for practice (you don't have to memorize it)

4. ASK QUESTIONS. If they give you time to ask questions about the company DO SO. I.e. Why is this position available? What's the ideal candidate? How has your perspective of the company changed from your first day? What sort of projects would I be a part of? How is that atmosphere in the office? Is it an open door policy blah blah blah blah.

5. Have fun. I know this one sounds weird, but think of it as a social event where you're going and meeting new people. It'll calm you down and you'll show more of your personality to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

10. Thanks (1): Lyran

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Just tell them about your extensive experience competing at the International.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

12. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, Howl, Lyran

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Just tell them about your extensive experience competing at the International.
    Probably not the best idea to tell them about his recent Dota achievements.

14. Thanks (1): Lyran

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

Good replies so far, appreciated!

Definately ain't gonna tell them about flamers paradise...

To summarize it a little for you guys.
    I was being "me" the whole time, made good answers, told them why I am suited for the job and why the should pick me. Did ask a lot of good questions good (Not to many though).
    In my opinion I dunno what else there is to say tbh. Last time I spent a little over an hour on the interview, we also did go "overtime".

I've heard rumours about people being given a case or having to take a standpoint (Dunno what's it called in english, but they'll ask you something and you have to agree/deny).
    If the latter one I have visualised and thought about many different scenarios they might ask me.

I also feel I am running out of questions so far I've only written four good ones. I did ask lots of good questions last time such as.
    Who'll we my supervisor during the trainup.
    Why are they looking for a salesman.
    What's good about the firm.
    Where do you see this firm in five years what's the vision of the firm.

Basically lots of these questions but also personal stuff like what kind of personalty and characteristics they expect from the one to get the job.

Last time I think they interview 15-20 people (based on stuff they said). How many do you think they'll interview this time ?

About the job... one of the biggest brand have told this salesgroup in Norway to train four new car salesmen. They'll be teached how to sell cars in a different more modern way (So I was told..) So you'll be going a bit abroad which is nice.
    Will keep you guys posted wether I do get the job or not.

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, pier

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Good luck. I agree with Pharaoh on this.. would've said be yourself but don't lie/embellish. Companies really detect that if someone tries to make themselves all fancy.

18. Thanks (1): Lyran

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

Short update!

So I've been on the second interview now, prepared well before I went - Wrote down good questions and visualized what to say and when etc..

It felt more like a.. repeat of the first interview than a second, but there was also a lot of new information. One of leaders from VAG group Norway was attending aswell.
    This time they had a couple of wierd questions like. What makes you mad? Did you regret something about last interview? Is there anything you could have done diffrent last interview?

So to answer my first question I brought up my GF. Told them that I get annoyed when she always takes a new glass to drink from when she got a clean one she used the same morning. Eventually I have to bite the dust and cleanup and lose some of my manhood.

Everyone felt relaxed and we brough up a few jokes. They also liked the way I approched them with my questions and also said it was good ones troughout the interview.
    They also praised me when I gave good answers and kept asking me to reflect over my answers.
    I think I have good chances, crossing my fingers.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Lyran View Post
    This time they had a couple of wierd questions like. What makes you mad?

So I brought up my GF. Told them that I get annoyed when she always takes a new glass to drink from when she got a clean one she used the same morning. Eventually I have to bite the dust and cleanup and lose some of my manhood.
    Must've been all guys in the room.

21. Thanks (1): A.l.i

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

Well - I'm starting to get cold feet.

After the we were done with the interview phase, they asked for references. (Since I didn't have any in my CV)
    So I called three people I have worked with earlier. They all said they would do it and be polite.

It's almost gone a week now and they haven't called the number two on the list (Cuz I took the one that I thrived the most with first).

Should I be worried?

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    If you're super nervous, you can always email the recruiter and see where they are in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

Fav. Player
    Mario

Norway

Had a few calls with friends of mine who does these things - The suggested that I should wait till thursday and keep calm.

Been calm till now but, because of a cunt of mine said I wasn't getting the job..

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    A cunt of yours?
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Uni asking the right questions...

27. Thanks (1): NFC

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

I too have been a victim to the 'cunt' and 'aunt' issue.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

At some days they both are the same

amirite?!
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyran View Post
    Well - I'm starting to get cold feet.

After the we were done with the interview phase, they asked for references. (Since I didn't have any in my CV)
    So I called three people I have worked with earlier. They all said they would do it and be polite.

It's almost gone a week now and they haven't called the number two on the list (Cuz I took the one that I thrived the most with first).

Should I be worried?
    chill about references. I'm pretty sure my most recent company didnt even check my references. It'll vary from place to place, and sometimes just checking the first one is legit will be enough. Dont worry