Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2667

Thread: The Suning Commerce Group

United States

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    Suning owned streaming platform got its media-rights for the Premier League terminated, apparently due to missed payments.
    Not gonna lie this is pretty worrying when you couple it with them apparently not paying Jiangsu players salary.

2. Thanks (3): Harpsabu, MVD, Strale

Fav. Player
    Eyjafjallajökul

Serbia

Marcotti commented how "Chinese football bubble is deflating". And as I see here that's the least sinister scenario.

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

No worries guys, my dad was friends with Steve Ballmer 50 years ago one phone call and we'll be rich again

5. Thanks (2): ADRossi, GenDire

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Strale View Post
    Suning owned streaming platform got its media-rights for the Premier League terminated, apparently due to missed payments.
    It was Suning who wanted to terminate the deal. They massively overpaid for the rights (12 times more than the previous deal).

7. Thanks (4): ADRossi, IM21, Strale, Universe

Fav. Player
    Darmian

Italy

94 10 years of FIF
    That's the problem with these Chinese investors. You never actually know how much money they have, whereas it's easy to find the networth of the Glazer family.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Not gonna lie this is pretty worrying when you couple it with them apparently not paying Jiangsu players salary.
    I think that missed payments shit was more about them not willing to pay them because there was no football. It's all about the contract between the service and EPL. It got terminated totally because probably Suning wanted to lower the price of the deal. If there are no spectators and no one knows how long it will be like this, or how consistently spectators can be back, the product isn't as valuable.

We need to remember, that deal was apparently like multiple times more than the previous one. So Suning wanted to tone down the price / spread the price to longer time. EPL didn't wanted to have any of that so contract terminated. It's interesting to see what kind of deal they can find now in this market.

edit. Ah, Kev9Inter already told it was TWELVE times more than the previous one.

11. Thanks (3): thatdude, Universe, _OC_

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    I think that missed payments shit was more about them not willing to pay them because there was no football. It's all about the contract between the service and EPL. It got terminated totally because probably Suning wanted to lower the price of the deal. If there are no spectators and no one knows how long it will be like this, or how consistently spectators can be back, the product isn't as valuable.

We need to remember, that deal was apparently like multiple times more than the previous one. So Suning wanted to tone down the price / spread the price to longer time. EPL didn't wanted to have any of that so contract terminated. It's interesting to see what kind of deal they can find now in this market.

edit. Ah, Kev9Inter already told it was TWELVE times more than the previous one.
    The missed payment dates back to March, before the Premier league was cancelled for the year. Maybe they knew what was coming so refused. Plus wasn't it announced in China recently after the Huawei thing that China will stop broadcasting EPL etc as punishment?

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Matrix

Denmark

I've generally been a fan of most of the direction thus far, but big, big questions to be asked here.

If Marotta isn't willing to fire Conte, and Suning aren't willing to force his hand or get him out as well, I'm not sure they are the right people to bring us forward. At least from a sporting perspective. They banked on the most prolific and well-known sporting director to guide them, which is understandable, but he's sitting with his thumb up his ass so his good buddy Conte won't yell at him for hurting his feelings. It's time to act.

The financial argument never made sense to me, either. 24 million is a drop in the ocean for these guys.

15. Thanks (3): delaurentis, Eddie, Universe

Fav. Player

Belgium

Suning made the wrong choice by holding on to Conte, and now they must take the responsibility and pay Conte to leave.

Fav. Player
    Kolarov

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post
    I've generally been a fan of most of the direction thus far, but big, big questions to be asked here.

If Marotta isn't willing to fire Conte, and Suning aren't willing to force his hand or get him out as well, I'm not sure they are the right people to bring us forward. At least from a sporting perspective. They banked on the most prolific and well-known sporting director to guide them, which is understandable, but he's sitting with his thumb up his ass so his good buddy Conte won't yell at him for hurting his feelings. It's time to act.

The financial argument never made sense to me, either. 24 million is a drop in the ocean for these guys.
    I am very curious to understand the REAL situation of our finances. Shit just isn't right at the moment.

When Suning first came, they pumped us full of artificially inflated revenue from random sponsorships like that lvmama shit. However, in the past 18 months or so, a lot of those sponsorships have ended and not been renewed. That has represented a pretty significant drop in our revenue.

In recent months there's been all this shit about Suning wages not being paid. There was some subsidiary or partner of Suning called PP Sports who bought the broadcast rights in China but then got sued because they didn't pay or something along those lines.

Obviously Suning is a vastly more established and trustworthy financier than the likes of Kenny Huang and Yonghong Li, but even still, I'm skeptical about money from China in general. There's a lot of shell corporations, hidden liquidity and other shit going on over there and even legitimate businesses can get roped in sometimes - not that I'm suggesting Suning lost all their money in a scam deal or anything.

The current COVID market really doesn't help either. Given the complicated situation, it's very difficult to ascertain the current financial status. Are we flat out broke? Very unlikely. Are we keeping a very close eye and strict hold on our finances? Undoubtedly. Are there external, non-Inter related issues potentially affecting Suning at the moment? I believe so. Beyond that, I don't feel confident saying much but it needs to be sorted ASAP. We can't operate as a club if there's any uncertainty regarding our motherfucking money.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

I'm sure they've been discussing options going forward, I'm not too worried on that front. My concern is our options will leave us completely fucked.

Keeping Conte on for this season is the biggest mistake this club has made in a very long time imo, we're going to be paying (literally and figurately) for this mistake for years.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by _OC_ View Post

As far I know, Marotta and Ausilio wanted to send Conte away in the summer but Zhang decided it's not gonna happen. Given the lawyers were present in that meeting, we can calculate 1+1 and the contract termination was on the table. Probably it was too expensive for Zhang to eat such shit, that everyone decided we need to continue together.

Probably Conte got some strict restrictions how to talk publicly. And here we are. With a coach who doesn't get much out of his very deep squad.

And btw about the question are we broke? In Corriere they said that the club and the team agreed that monthly salaries of July and August will be paid in February. Apparently some kind of acute cash crisis at the club?

Greece

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It feels like the club is abandoned by their owners.
    <<Gli scudetti è giusto vincerli sul campo>> Antonio Conte on Calciopoli

#ConteOut

Lebanon

I won't be surprise if sunning ditch us in the end after this humiliation.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It feels like the club is abandoned by their owners.
    It really is. I don't even remember the last time Zhang senior was in Italy and even Zhang jnr visits are rare since the pandemic started and only happen on occasions he can't avoid. It feels like the club is in autopilot.
    #CONTEOUT

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Papa Zhang isn't expected to be in Italy to be honest. But Zhang junior definitely should be there right now. He should live in Milano and breathe the same air Inter and the fans breathe. Tweeting from China is total fucking bhenchod move and shouldn't be tolerated by the president. GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE.

25. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I really could not care less if either of the Zhangs are here lets be honest here neither of them knows shit about football, we ve seen what happens when they get to involved (kia/Gabi/J mario/debore).

Yes they probably still have to approve marotta firing Conte but they dont have to be in Italy for this.
    This whole shit show right now is on marotta Zanetti ausillio and the others who know football and are within the club. Their the ones running the club so why the fuck should Zhang fly from china to fix their mess( by the way he would not be able to do so).
    The only thing we really need Zhang for is to fire top mgm and to give the go ahead on Big decisions he does not need to be in Italy neither does his son.
    It s the job of marotta and co to make the best decisions and if zhang does not agree to persuade him....

As of now it looks like our mgm is stil trying everything to keep this fucker here....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    The president needs to be around. He's the top guy of the club. That's how it is, no matter if he makes decisions or not.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    The president needs to be around. He's the top guy of the club. That's how it is, no matter if he makes decisions or not.
    Yeah he has to be there because of the looks not because he can move anything. Theres too many succesful companies where the owner and Chair of the board is not involved in day to day business and is not in the same state country as his mgm yet the company runs smooth as fuck.

Inter on the other hand we desperately need a chinese guy who has no clue of football to help us run a football club common now.
    These are all just shitty fucken excuses for the guys running this shit show not doing a thing now.
    They wanna fire conte fine give zhang a call.....
    Tell me what the presence of Zhang would change other than the whole image of the situation? Both Zhangs should only be yes or no men as in they cannot formulate a strategy for the club as they have no clue about football......
    So again do you need to be in milano to say yes or no to Beppe/Zanetti?ausillio and co?
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Football Poster
    How can they fire the coach if Zhang isn't willing to pay the cost?
    #CONTEOUT

30. Thanks (2): MVD, PHM1605