Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 498996979899
Results 1,961 to 1,978 of 1978

Thread: The Suning Commerce Group

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Alibabppe
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

China's Suning Sports raises $600 million from Alibaba, Goldman Sachs

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s Suning Sports, the owner of Italian soccer giants Inter Milan, said it has raised $600 million (461 million pounds) in a series A funding from firms including Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA.N) and Goldman Sachs (GS.N).

A spokeswoman for the company, part of retail giant Suning Holdings, told Reuters on Friday that the funding round did not include or impact Inter Milan. She added the firm would soon start a series B fund raising.

Suning Sports had on Thursday announced it was raising funds from e-commerce giant Alibaba and Goldman Sachs, among others, but had not released any financial details.
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ch...KA0OH?rpc=401&
    "After Inter it's difficult to think of anything better" - Walter Sabatini

3. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The question is for what purpose?
    are they going to buy thohirs share or have another venture?
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

United States

Forum Supporter FIF Special Ones

Fav. Player
    KPGC10

Yugoslavia

Just show the fucking 600 mio or whatever suning have.
    Watches can't buy Malcom.

Algeria

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

i'm going to sell my Grand Seiko and buy one of these shitters because it got inter logo on it, said no one ever
    by the way, do we have a watch thread ?

shout out to ma boy archie, buying watches is like buying football players, if his price doesn't hurt, he's probably a shitter. it gotta fucking hurt or it's not worth doing.

best video on youtube

8. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I'm a fan of watches. But this guy... A watch shows you the fucking time. Functionally. Aesthetically, well, it's a matter of taste. Production-wise, a 250$ watch is probably as good as a 25000$, I'm talking about durability and precision here, not gold and diamonds. As a status symbol, maybe you can show you have an extremely small dick by spending exuberant amounts of money on a fucking timepiece. Again, I'm a huge fan of watches, but this guy can fuck right off.

But then again, I get to know Mino a bit more - he likes flashy things, be it a Philippe Patek or a Hazard.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

10. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thorn

Algeria

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'm a fan of watches. But this guy... A watch shows you the fucking time. Functionally. Aesthetically, well, it's a matter of taste. Production-wise, a 250$ watch is probably as good as a 25000$, I'm talking about durability and precision here, not gold and diamonds. As a status symbol, maybe you can show you have an extremely small dick by spending exuberant amounts of money on a fucking timepiece. Again, I'm a huge fan of watches, but this guy can fuck right off.

But then again, I get to know Mino a bit more - he likes flashy things, be it a Philippe Patek or a Hazard.
    lel, with 250$ you only get quartz shitters or mass produced automatic shitters.
    good watches have in-house movements, and they start at 6000$

yeah it's about social status, but now you're not showing off with a shitty iphone, but with an in-house made automatic fuck off watch.
    if you own a patek, you can basically say fuck off to any motherfucker on earth.
    not all expensive stuff are the best, but most best things are expensive.

12. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, chipschups

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

59 Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    The question is for what purpose?
    are they going to buy thohirs share or have another venture?
    We are owned by Suning Sports (a subsidiary of Suning), which in turn also owns Suning FC in china and PP sports which apparently has the exclusive rights to transmit the top 5 european football leagues. This is kind of like a vertical integration and to be honest could POTENTIALLY be fucking amazing for us with some luck. Think of it this way, its like owning the oil and having the distribution network, they can sell their own oil. Or think Netflix if they owned movie studios, they'd push self made movies more to subscribers as opposed to 3rd party content. We have the infrastructure and are so well positioned in China to take advantage of it if we have success.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get a deal to have a netflix/juve type show on this PP sports and various Inter promotions. From top of my head this could have so many benefits such as, being on the good side of the commie emperor Xi, gaining first mover advantage in china (which in sports is very very important, think how many chinese fans we'd get for a long term period if we are the first team they support). Funnily enough, Erick Thohir also owns other media platforms especially in Indonesia, so that could potentially benefit us as well, south-east asia is a market who gets neglected, but underestimate at your own risk. I wouldn't be surprised if Suning made a joint offer with AliBaba for all of thohirs assets or at least co-operate to leverage the synergies that can be generated if they co-operate. I just found that Alibaba has similar platform like PP sports and co-operates with Suning on transmission of sports events.

On Thursday, Suning Sports announced it had signed a strategic partnership with Alibaba, under which the video sites of the companies, Suning’s PPTV and Alibaba-backed Youku, will cooperate on sports content.

Youku recently paid roughly 1.6 billion yuan ($236.25 million) to broadcast the World Cup in China.

Suning Holdings, the parent firm, started as a retailer in China with its listed company Suning.com and has been aggressively pushing into China’s sports industry.

It also recently led a $2 billion bet to get near monopoly on broadcasting football in China.
    According to the funding round (which is $600 m for 23%), this Suning Sport is valued at $2.6 billion (including Inter), so despite it not 'impacting' Inter, I suspect they may have equity in us, I can not see how you get 23% of a firm without not owning the proportional percentage in its subsidiaries (ie 23% of their 70% stake in Inter). Considering that Ali Baba and Goldman Sachs are backing it, I am very very optimistic about the positive impact this can have.

The sports arm of Chinese retail giant Suning Holdings Group told Reuters on Friday that the funding round did not include Inter Milan and two other local football teams that it owns.
    nvm this funding round was about the tv, still very optimistic how beneficial this can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Fav. Player
    Bossvaldo

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    I am 100% certain the drooling cunts at UEFA are going to change the FFP regulations yet again by limiting the number of sponsorships, or declaring money from China to be illegal funding, or banning youth player sales from counting towards capital gains, or whatever fucking nonsense they can think of, just to specifically fuck us.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

Nicest Poster
    Lol that's what I was thinking. The fuck do they want with us?

When Infantino became president I thought he's gona give us a hand somehow regarding those shitty regulations fucking us up, but he's been useless as fuck. I remember Platini doing favors for jube when he was a UEFA president before his ethical violations, typical jube scum.

We deserve a chance really, someone should give us some of that.

Shit doesnt happen

16. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I am 100% certain the drooling cunts at UEFA are going to change the FFP regulations yet again by limiting the number of sponsorships, or declaring money from China to be illegal funding, or banning youth player sales from counting towards capital gains, or whatever fucking nonsense they can think of, just to specifically fuck us.
    By that time, Suning will have found a way to get away with things like PSG and Juve or hired a more skilled manager.

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Lol that's what I was thinking. The fuck do they want with us?

When Infantino became president I thought he's gona give us a hand somehow regarding those shitty regulations fucking us up, but he's been useless as fuck. I remember Platini doing favors for jube when he was a UEFA president before his ethical violations, typical jube scum.

We deserve a chance really, someone should give us some of that.
    Massimo Moratti for UEFA President.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

19. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Devious

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Indonesia

what's the point of these abundant commercial sponsorship if we can't spend a dime in the market

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Built stadium? Pay Icardi wages?
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

22. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    FFP aggregates over 3 years... plus we are boosting this year's reporting more positive.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Indonesia

Theoritically, is it possible/allowed for suning to bypass ffp by, lets say, they build a stadium in milan, and rent it to inter for $1,
    So inter get full revenue from ticket

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well stadium costs don't count towards FFP anyway...

I don't know about FFP but also a lot of tax avoidance can be managed by looking at benefit in kind value rather than transactional value.

27. Thanks (1): Devious