Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1312

Thread: 2016/2017 Defenders Rumour Thread

  1. #981
    #EmperorSpallo! JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    35,471
    Thanked
    43,583 times
    Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Talk about a Manolas-Murillo swap deal surfaced today actually...just heard from my Roma-Sass commentator
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

    Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

  2. #982
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    9,047
    Thanked
    9,638 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter
    Vrsajilko just tore his ACL, if we were ever considering getting him we wont get him this summer
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  3. Thanks (1): thatdude

  4. #983
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    8,180
    Thanked
    12,517 times
    Fav. Player
    De Bruyne

    Belgium

    94
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Talk about a Manolas-Murillo swap deal surfaced today actually...just heard from my Roma-Sass commentator
    I'm guessing Roma would prefer cash

  5. #984
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    6,050
    Thanked
    5,185 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    I would rather keep Murillo than have De Vrij. Not sure how I feel about swapping for Manolas though. Wouldn't it be better to have both so Manolas can replace Miranda in the starting line-up?
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  6. #985

    Join Date
    17 Feb 12
    Posts
    2,918
    Thanked
    3,474 times

    Canada

    Miranda is much better than Murillo though so not sure why we would replace Miranda but start Murillo.

  7. #986
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    6,050
    Thanked
    5,185 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    Miranda is much better than Murillo though so not sure why we would replace Miranda but start Murillo.
    He's not getting any younger, eventually we will have to phase him out
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  8. Thanks (1): thatdude

  9. #987
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,385
    Thanked
    14,128 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59 Most Diverse Poster
    devrij is the dutch guy that is an actual defender right? as oppposed to these fucking ball playing, net hugging, whatever fucking modern defenders they call. And wasnt he in his mid 20s?

    - - - Updated - - -

    why wouldnt we want him
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

  10. Thanks (2): morrisama, _OC_

  11. #988
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    7,247
    Thanked
    12,907 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    devrij is the dutch guy that is an actual defender right? as oppposed to these fucking ball playing, net hugging, whatever fucking modern defenders they call. And wasnt he in his mid 20s?

    why wouldnt we want him
    I hear ya, mate. I too miss the classic defenders, uncomplicated players like Samuel or Nesta who just stopped attacks. Nowadays they want the CBs to be registas which is great, but players are forgetting the basic art of defending. The so called ball-playing greats of today (Bonucci, Stones, David Luiz, etc) cost a bomb but can't defend half as well as the likes of Samuel or Nesta.


  12. #989
    Nero Indigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 May 09
    Posts
    3,647
    Thanked
    1,145 times
    Fav. Player
    Vieri*

    Nigeria

    29 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I hear ya, mate. I too miss the classic defenders, uncomplicated players like Samuel or Nesta who just stopped attacks. Nowadays they want the CBs to be registas which is great, but players are forgetting the basic art of defending. The so called ball-playing greats of today (Bonucci, Stones, David Luiz, etc) cost a bomb but can't defend half as well as the likes of Samuel or Nesta.
    This has been my MAJOR complaint about the quality of football today. The top defenders of today are HUGE shit in comparison to the monsters of the late nineties. Yes, I'm old enough to have witnessed it, I wish the young ones could have as well. The awareness back then was off the charts, it was like they had spider senses or some shit. Fucking millenial footballers.
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

    Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --


  13. #990
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    9,047
    Thanked
    9,638 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter
    Its because few kid grows up wanting to be the next Nesta, Maldini or Samuel, they want to be next Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Messi
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  14. #991
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    7,783
    Thanked
    9,828 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70 Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Its because few kid grows up wanting to be the next Nesta, Maldini or Samuel, they want to be next Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Messi
    My idol as a kid was Bergomi.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

  15. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

  16. #992
    #EmperorSpallo! JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    35,471
    Thanked
    43,583 times
    Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    mine was Toldooooneee,Kahn,P.Schmeichel,then JC,now Handa and Oblak...son,did I tell ya I was a goalie ?!
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

    Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

  17. Thanks (1): MVD

  18. #993
    Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Aug 13
    Posts
    3,290
    Thanked
    5,365 times

    South Korea

    14
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Its because few kid grows up wanting to be the next Nesta, Maldini or Samuel, they want to be next Ronaldinho, Ronaldo or Messi
    Also because there's been a trend towards more system-oriented defending that doesn't require as much individual greatness.

  19. Thanks (2): Dylan, MVD

  20. #994
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    13,041
    Thanked
    14,957 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Best Overall Poster
    I think defenders these days also aren't helped out by the way teams set up. There's a good amount of teams now (ours included) that don't play with a traditional DM. Many teams especially due to the dominance of Barcelona have decided attacking should be the primary focus over defending.

    Teams that still set up defensively have CBs that look great, like Godin at Atletico or the Juventus trio. Our CBs during the treble year looked great, then Benitez came in and made us play a higher line, and then Leonardo came in and made us play suicidal. All of a sudden those same defenders that went to the Camp Nou and held out with 10 men give up 5 at home to Schalke.

    I would say the lack of quality CBs is equally down to the shift in managers thinking and what they expect from their CBs. We are no different, we play Medel at CB partly due to his ability on the ball. Could you imagine a team in 1997 playing with Medel as a CB? I can't. My overall point is that CBs haven't just changed the entire game has changed. CBs have adapted to be more suitable for "modern" football. Blame the coaches for expecting them to all pass like Xabi Alonso.

  21. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, Dylan, firmino

  22. #995
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanked
    3,548 times
    Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    mine was Toldooooneee,Kahn,P.Schmeichel,then JC,now Handa and Oblak...son,did I tell ya I was a goalie ?!


    Just read the 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    I've had hemorrhoids more useful than this piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    i fucking love karamoah.
    He reminds me of my little cousin who is fucking retarded


  23. #996
    #EmperorSpallo! JJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    10 Aug 07
    Posts
    35,471
    Thanked
    43,583 times
    Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

    Slovenia

    91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post


    Just read the 1.
    8th one is yours buddy... don't deny it
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

    Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

  24. Thanks (2): KevinB, ScottishInterista

  25. #997
    Wallace
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    11,787
    Thanked
    11,318 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Could you imagine a team in 1997 playing with Medel as a CB? I can't. My overall point is that CBs haven't just changed the entire game has changed. CBs have adapted to be more suitable for "modern" football. Blame the coaches for expecting them to all pass like Xabi Alonso.
    It did happen.

    Salvatore Fresi, and he did great when Bergomi was gone. He was just a DM.
    Wallace

  26. #998
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    13,041
    Thanked
    14,957 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    It did happen.

    Salvatore Fresi, and he did great when Bergomi was gone. He was just a DM.
    Sure, but Fresi was 6 foot, Medel is 5'7.

  27. #999
    Wallace
    Join Date
    18 Jun 05
    Posts
    11,787
    Thanked
    11,318 times
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

    Brazil

    88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    OK, so the point is that it did happen.

    Medel case is different, it cannot be classified as the general modern football case, because what Pep did was that he still converted DM's who are reasonably physically sound. Medel just happens to be less than perfect for the central defender spot because of his height.
    Wallace

  28. #1000
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    13,041
    Thanked
    14,957 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    OK, so the point is that it did happen.

    Medel case is different, it cannot be classified as the general modern football case, because what Pep did was that he still converted DM's who are reasonably physically sound. Medel just happens to be less than perfect for the central defender spot because of his height.
    There is always an exception to the rule. The point is that it's far more popular an idea now than it was 20 years ago. Not sure what you're not getting here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •