Thread: FC Inter Milan Chat

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Baggio

Canada

FC Inter Milan Chat

I've search the site and couldn't find anything besides the chatbox on the bottom of the forum landing page. As great as that is, it requires people to be on the site to use it. I've set a Discord Channel (conviently named F.C Inter Milan).

For those that don't know what Discord is it's pretty much Slack for gamers. It has voice communication, and text chatting. There is a mobile client (Android/iOS), desktop client (Windows/MacOS), and a browser based client which works wonderfully. It's free to use, and the larger the community the better voice communication codec they offer. Discord also has bot support, so for the programmers out there we can create a "score" bot or others for the channel. There are servers in Amsterdam, Brazil, Frankfurt, London, Singapore, Sydney, and the US. I currently have it set to "US EAST" as I'm the only one in there, but the more people that join we can gather some intel and decide on a central server so everyone doesn't lag like mad.

There are a lot of people registered here. This chat does not take over the forums, as I plan to set to allow only links to the forum/subreddit. I hope this is fine and if so, that you all join. There's still work to be done but people can idle there and if anyone knows python/java/C#, feel free to work on a bot and I'll invite it.

Invite link for FC Inter Milan

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by compile View Post
    I've search the site and couldn't find anything besides the chatbox on the bottom of the forum landing page. As great as that is, it requires people to be on the site to use it.
    That's kind of the point though.
    Have a look at the podcast thread, maybe you can integrate this tech into it?

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    People have tried to do this before and it's fallen awfully flat.

4. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

I'm fine here on FIF.
    Platano Power
    SIGN TIMO WERNER

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    The Discord thing could work for podcasts but other than that, people will prefer the forum to a chat.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Speaking for myself and probably for most of the forum's first generation memebers who got older and aren't around here like before, I stopped posting on the forum for years because I got too busy with life to sit on my pc and surf the internet's social medias. I came back thanks to smartphones technology which gave us access to the internet anywhere anytime (at work, at the airport, travelling etc). Now I don't have to turn on my pc at home or sit in an internet cafe or look for a place with wifi connection to connect my heavy laptop like years ago.

Might seem like shallow excuses I know, but why am I saying this? Because I just want to simply open my tablet phone, quickly read and write some Inter-related posts while sitting in my work's meeting room, on the couch at other people's home, or in my car during stupid rush-hour traffic jams. Voice chats or anything else isn't for me anymore.

That's just my personal view. Your chat suggestion isn't bad though, but I just want to simply read and write in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

One more note. This is a world-wide forum where most posters aren't from English speaking countries. I can barely read some of the posts here because of their limited English language skills, so it would be worst if they speak it in a voice chat. Also some people even if they know English well, I can barely understand a word when they speak because of their mother tongue accent (I'm looking at you Indians ).
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    this is exactly right, to be honest. People want single point of view of a "company". If we start splitting our services out across multiple channels, 90% of those services and channels die, and it'll be the FORUM that perserveres.

Anything we need to do needs to be deeply embedded on this forum