===

Relegated
    Aston Villa
    Norwich City
    Newcastle United

2. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Coaster, if you're bored and want to make all the new league threads that would be greatly appreciated

4. Thanks (2): MVD, Pharaoh

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    EU Referendum Results:
    1. Leave
    2. Remain
    3. Abstained
    4. Arsenal
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

On the EU referendum - I know no politics allowed - But I live in Northern Ireland and took part in the vote and I apologise to the rest of the EU and the EU nationals living over here for the complete idiocy of this decision and for potentially leading to the break up of the EU.

Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    On the EU referendum - I know no politics allowed - But I live in Northern Ireland and took part in the vote and I apologise to the rest of the EU and the EU nationals living over here for the complete idiocy of this decision and for potentially leading to the break up of the EU.
    Is there any sentiment there for leaving UK and possibly merging with Ireland?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Is there any sentiment there for leaving UK and possibly merging with Ireland?
    Yep, the main Nationalist party - Sinn Fein - have already started calls this morning for a Border Poll on Irish reunification. Northern Ireland voted Remain, even though many Nationalists didn't fully engage with the referendum - so they think we should get the choice now to join Ireland and stay with the EU. Which, I don't think we will do. But there are calls for us to go against the referendum and remain in the Uk and in the EU - but I can't see that working. To be honest, it's left Northern Ireland in the worst position possible but I'll tell you one thing, everyone in the North is applying for Irish passports today to keep the liberties of being an EU citizen.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    We will most likely have a referendum within the next couple years, there's a lot of uproar here cause not one of the counties here voted for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

10. Thanks (3): Black Jesus, Bluenine, MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    We will most likely have a referendum within the next couple years, there's a lot of uproar here cause not one of the counties here voted for it.
    Scottish independence ref or another EU ref?

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    From what I read one of the reasons Scotland wanted to stay in UK is because of EU. Now that UK has left EU, there's no reason not to have another referendum for leaving UK.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

All I know, if i were you guys who's currency is Euro, I would buy a lot of sterling right now, then sell it back in a couple of months when it eventually picks up again. A lot of my Southern Friends doing that here and actually a lot of places have stopped selling it

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

Scots referendum, the last couple elections have shown just how big the differences are between scotland and the remaining countries
    I just am too ignorant

Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

Macedonia

10 years of FIF
    Ok guys, it's enough. Something WILL happen sooner or later if we continue
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member
    I have been answering a lot these questions today, so though this may interest some of you...

What does Brexit vote mean for the Premier League?
    - For the next two years or so, nothing really changes
    - After the UK exits formally, the existing work permit criteria will also apply to EU players in the EPL

What is the work permit criteria for foreign players?
    - A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive matches during the last two years
    - The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings

How does this impact the Premier League?
    - As of now, there are an estimated 80-100 EU players in EPL who do not meet these work permit requirements
    - So as per existing rules, after 2 years EPL will lose a large number (10-15%) of its players who are EU nationals
    - Also, the prices of quality EU (and Non-EU) players who are eligible for work permit will shoot up. Ditto re quality British players
    - The major impact will be EPL club's ability to attract youth from the EU... i.e. no more De Gea / Pique / Martial kind of deals
    - This may make the EPL less competitive in the long run
    - However, there will be more British players in the EPL

How does this impact Serie A and other leagues?
    - A weakening EPL may directly strengthen other leagues
    - However the EPL clubs will potentially spend more on top quality players
    - Other leagues will benefit from no EPL competition for the following type of players:
    1. Quality EU youth players (e.g.: De Gea to Man Utd, Fabregas to Arsenal, etc)
    2. Players who have not made it to their NT yet (e.g.: Payet to West Ham, Pelle to Southampton, etc)

What can the FA/UK do to help?
    There are two options:
    1. Slightly relax work permit criteria. However this will apply equally to EU and Non EU players, so may result in the EPL flooded with cheaper talents from South America & Africa. This could further reduce the opportunities for local players.
    2. Completely relax work permit criteria, but add a cap on the total number of foriegn players per club i.e. as it used to be all over Europe before the mid-90s. This is possibly the best solution for the premier league.

Hope that helps.

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Stop the politics FFS.

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    Stop the politics FFS.
    What Blueine posted was not politics, it directly spoke about football. As a matter of fact this is an example of how to post about Brexit IMO.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Durian

Ecuador

15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    What Blueine posted was not politics, it directly spoke about football. As a matter of fact this is an example of how to post about Brexit IMO.
    That post was the exception, had no issues with that post. I don't want to read 2-3 pages of people talking about how they voted

22. Thanks (1): thatdude

United States

Arsene Wenger: "I tried to sign England before it left the EU."

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have been answering a lot these questions today, so though this may interest some of you...

What does Brexit vote mean for the Premier League?
    - For the next two years or so, nothing really changes
    - After the UK exits formally, the existing work permit criteria will also apply to EU players in the EPL

What is the work permit criteria for foreign players?
    - A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive matches during the last two years
    - The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings

How does this impact the Premier League?
    - As of now, there are an estimated 80-100 EU players in EPL who do not meet these work permit requirements
    - So as per existing rules, after 2 years EPL will lose a large number (10-15%) of its players who are EU nationals
    - Also, the prices of quality EU (and Non-EU) players who are eligible for work permit will shoot up. Ditto re quality British players
    - The major impact will be EPL club's ability to attract youth from the EU... i.e. no more De Gea / Pique / Martial kind of deals
    - This may make the EPL less competitive in the long run
    - However, there will be more British players in the EPL

How does this impact Serie A and other leagues?
    - A weakening EPL may directly strengthen other leagues
    - However the EPL clubs will potentially spend more on top quality players
    - Other leagues will benefit from no EPL competition for the following type of players:
    1. Quality EU youth players (e.g.: De Gea to Man Utd, Fabregas to Arsenal, etc)
    2. Players who have not made it to their NT yet (e.g.: Payet to West Ham, Pelle to Southampton, etc)

What can the FA/UK do to help?
    There are two options:
    1. Slightly relax work permit criteria. However this will apply equally to EU and Non EU players, so may result in the EPL flooded with cheaper talents from South America & Africa. This could further reduce the opportunities for local players.
    2. Completely relax work permit criteria, but add a cap on the total number of foriegn players per club i.e. as it used to be all over Europe before the mid-90s. This is possibly the best solution for the premier league.

Hope that helps.
    Work Permit rules are lot more relaxed since 2015, here is the article.

http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreig...ons-explained/

For example, Chelsea signed Kenedy who didn't play for Brazil at that time, same with Lucas Piazon.
    Arsenal signed Nwakali who is African and just 18 year old, Paulista who is Brazilian but hardly played for Brazil.

There are lot of examples, especially with lower end table teams. Also if UK stays with EEA then EU players can move to UK like Pique, Fabregas did at young age. De Gea was wrong example as he joined when he was 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Scots referendum, the last couple elections have shown just how big the differences are between scotland and the remaining countries
    The boogeyman they played on Scotland last time was that they wouldn't be in the EU now they went and voted to leave EU
    Platano Power

El perico es puro y con baking soda se corta.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    The boogeyman they played on Scotland last time was that they wouldn't be in the EU now they went and voted to leave EU
    Technically we didnt, every scottish council area's residents voted to stay overall
    I just am too ignorant

30. Thanks (1): MVD