Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 545

Thread: English Premier League 2016/2017

  1. #1
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,514
    Thanked
    2,001 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter

    English Premier League 2016/2017





    20 teams in the Premier League:

    Leicester City (C)
    Arsenal
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Manchester City
    Southampton
    West Ham United
    Liverpool
    Stoke City
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Swansea City
    Watford
    West Bromwich Albion
    Crystal Palace
    AFC Bournemouth
    Sunderland
    Burnley (P)
    Middlesbrough (P)
    Hull City (Playoff Promoted)

    ===

    Relegated
    Aston Villa
    Norwich City
    Newcastle United




  2. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

  3. #2
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    10,548
    Thanked
    9,737 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Coaster, if you're bored and want to make all the new league threads that would be greatly appreciated

  4. Thanks (2): MVD, Pharaoh

  5. #3
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,907
    Thanked
    20,731 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    EU Referendum Results:
    1. Leave
    2. Remain
    3. Abstained
    4. Arsenal
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts


  6. #4
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    1,934
    Thanked
    1,792 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    On the EU referendum - I know no politics allowed - But I live in Northern Ireland and took part in the vote and I apologise to the rest of the EU and the EU nationals living over here for the complete idiocy of this decision and for potentially leading to the break up of the EU.


  7. #5
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Sep 14
    Posts
    10,479
    Thanked
    13,440 times
    Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

    Albania

    74 Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    On the EU referendum - I know no politics allowed - But I live in Northern Ireland and took part in the vote and I apologise to the rest of the EU and the EU nationals living over here for the complete idiocy of this decision and for potentially leading to the break up of the EU.
    Is there any sentiment there for leaving UK and possibly merging with Ireland?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

  8. #6
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    1,934
    Thanked
    1,792 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Is there any sentiment there for leaving UK and possibly merging with Ireland?
    Yep, the main Nationalist party - Sinn Fein - have already started calls this morning for a Border Poll on Irish reunification. Northern Ireland voted Remain, even though many Nationalists didn't fully engage with the referendum - so they think we should get the choice now to join Ireland and stay with the EU. Which, I don't think we will do. But there are calls for us to go against the referendum and remain in the Uk and in the EU - but I can't see that working. To be honest, it's left Northern Ireland in the worst position possible but I'll tell you one thing, everyone in the North is applying for Irish passports today to keep the liberties of being an EU citizen.

  9. #7
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanked
    5,927 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    We will most likely have a referendum within the next couple years, there's a lot of uproar here cause not one of the counties here voted for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

  10. Thanks (3): Black Jesus, Bluenine, MVD

  11. #8
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    1,934
    Thanked
    1,792 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    We will most likely have a referendum within the next couple years, there's a lot of uproar here cause not one of the counties here voted for it.
    Scottish independence ref or another EU ref?

  12. Thanks (1): MVD

  13. #9
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Sep 14
    Posts
    10,479
    Thanked
    13,440 times
    Fav. Player
    Icagagbia

    Albania

    74 Most Diverse Poster
    From what I read one of the reasons Scotland wanted to stay in UK is because of EU. Now that UK has left EU, there's no reason not to have another referendum for leaving UK.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.


  14. #10
    Harpsabu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Jun 11
    Posts
    1,934
    Thanked
    1,792 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Ireland

    All I know, if i were you guys who's currency is Euro, I would buy a lot of sterling right now, then sell it back in a couple of months when it eventually picks up again. A lot of my Southern Friends doing that here and actually a lot of places have stopped selling it

  15. #11
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanked
    5,927 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Scots referendum, the last couple elections have shown just how big the differences are between scotland and the remaining countries
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

  16. #12
    Pajo's Avatar
    Join Date
    08 Apr 06
    Posts
    35,907
    Thanked
    20,731 times
    Fav. Player
    Sergio Aguero!

    Macedonia

    10 years of FIF
    Ok guys, it's enough. Something WILL happen sooner or later if we continue
    "This wonderful night will give us the colours for our crest: black and blue against a backdrop of gold stars. It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world."

    Derby d'Italia, why the rivalry?
    My message to JuBe cunts


  17. #13
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    5,468
    Thanked
    8,386 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    Most Serious Member
    I have been answering a lot these questions today, so though this may interest some of you...

    What does Brexit vote mean for the Premier League?
    - For the next two years or so, nothing really changes
    - After the UK exits formally, the existing work permit criteria will also apply to EU players in the EPL


    What is the work permit criteria for foreign players?
    - A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive matches during the last two years
    - The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings


    How does this impact the Premier League?
    - As of now, there are an estimated 80-100 EU players in EPL who do not meet these work permit requirements
    - So as per existing rules, after 2 years EPL will lose a large number (10-15%) of its players who are EU nationals
    - Also, the prices of quality EU (and Non-EU) players who are eligible for work permit will shoot up. Ditto re quality British players
    - The major impact will be EPL club's ability to attract youth from the EU... i.e. no more De Gea / Pique / Martial kind of deals
    - This may make the EPL less competitive in the long run
    - However, there will be more British players in the EPL


    How does this impact Serie A and other leagues?
    - A weakening EPL may directly strengthen other leagues
    - However the EPL clubs will potentially spend more on top quality players
    - Other leagues will benefit from no EPL competition for the following type of players:
    1. Quality EU youth players (e.g.: De Gea to Man Utd, Fabregas to Arsenal, etc)
    2. Players who have not made it to their NT yet (e.g.: Payet to West Ham, Pelle to Southampton, etc)


    What can the FA/UK do to help?
    There are two options:
    1. Slightly relax work permit criteria. However this will apply equally to EU and Non EU players, so may result in the EPL flooded with cheaper talents from South America & Africa. This could further reduce the opportunities for local players.
    2. Completely relax work permit criteria, but add a cap on the total number of foriegn players per club i.e. as it used to be all over Europe before the mid-90s. This is possibly the best solution for the premier league.

    Hope that helps.


  18. #14
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,514
    Thanked
    2,001 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    Stop the politics FFS.

  19. #15
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    10,548
    Thanked
    9,737 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfreek View Post
    Stop the politics FFS.
    What Blueine posted was not politics, it directly spoke about football. As a matter of fact this is an example of how to post about Brexit IMO.

  20. Thanks (1): MVD

  21. #16
    Coasterfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 Aug 10
    Posts
    8,514
    Thanked
    2,001 times
    Fav. Player
    Durian

    Ecuador

    15 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    What Blueine posted was not politics, it directly spoke about football. As a matter of fact this is an example of how to post about Brexit IMO.
    That post was the exception, had no issues with that post. I don't want to read 2-3 pages of people talking about how they voted

  22. Thanks (1): thatdude

  23. #17
    Bergkamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Aug 10
    Posts
    1,115
    Thanked
    1,378 times

    United States

    Arsene Wenger: "I tried to sign England before it left the EU."

  24. Thanks (1): MVD

  25. #18
    monster09's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 Mar 11
    Posts
    8,622
    Thanked
    5,862 times
    Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

    India

    18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have been answering a lot these questions today, so though this may interest some of you...

    What does Brexit vote mean for the Premier League?
    - For the next two years or so, nothing really changes
    - After the UK exits formally, the existing work permit criteria will also apply to EU players in the EPL


    What is the work permit criteria for foreign players?
    - A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive matches during the last two years
    - The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings


    How does this impact the Premier League?
    - As of now, there are an estimated 80-100 EU players in EPL who do not meet these work permit requirements
    - So as per existing rules, after 2 years EPL will lose a large number (10-15%) of its players who are EU nationals
    - Also, the prices of quality EU (and Non-EU) players who are eligible for work permit will shoot up. Ditto re quality British players
    - The major impact will be EPL club's ability to attract youth from the EU... i.e. no more De Gea / Pique / Martial kind of deals
    - This may make the EPL less competitive in the long run
    - However, there will be more British players in the EPL


    How does this impact Serie A and other leagues?
    - A weakening EPL may directly strengthen other leagues
    - However the EPL clubs will potentially spend more on top quality players
    - Other leagues will benefit from no EPL competition for the following type of players:
    1. Quality EU youth players (e.g.: De Gea to Man Utd, Fabregas to Arsenal, etc)
    2. Players who have not made it to their NT yet (e.g.: Payet to West Ham, Pelle to Southampton, etc)


    What can the FA/UK do to help?
    There are two options:
    1. Slightly relax work permit criteria. However this will apply equally to EU and Non EU players, so may result in the EPL flooded with cheaper talents from South America & Africa. This could further reduce the opportunities for local players.
    2. Completely relax work permit criteria, but add a cap on the total number of foriegn players per club i.e. as it used to be all over Europe before the mid-90s. This is possibly the best solution for the premier league.

    Hope that helps.
    Work Permit rules are lot more relaxed since 2015, here is the article.

    http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreig...ons-explained/

    For example, Chelsea signed Kenedy who didn't play for Brazil at that time, same with Lucas Piazon.
    Arsenal signed Nwakali who is African and just 18 year old, Paulista who is Brazilian but hardly played for Brazil.

    There are lot of examples, especially with lower end table teams. Also if UK stays with EEA then EU players can move to UK like Pique, Fabregas did at young age. De Gea was wrong example as he joined when he was 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

  26. Thanks (1): MVD

  27. #19
    Black Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    9,883
    Thanked
    11,980 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon

    United States

    48
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Scots referendum, the last couple elections have shown just how big the differences are between scotland and the remaining countries
    The boogeyman they played on Scotland last time was that they wouldn't be in the EU now they went and voted to leave EU
    Platano Power

    El perico es puro y con baking soda se corta.

  28. Thanks (1): MVD

  29. #20
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanked
    5,927 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    The boogeyman they played on Scotland last time was that they wouldn't be in the EU now they went and voted to leave EU
    Technically we didnt, every scottish council area's residents voted to stay overall
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

  30. Thanks (1): MVD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •