Thread: Cassano

Cassano

I have heard rumors that we could be signing Cassano in the summer. As Juve have stated that they are not going to put a bid in it is likely we will now be favourites for him. I think this would be an amzing signing for the team. It is rumored also that Cruz and Ze Maria would move in the oposite derection in this move.

What do you think?

this will probably be closed as its a rumor, but anyway .. where did u get this news from ??

personally i think getting Cassano wud be a good addtion. But if we do get him then we need to get rid of cruz and Recoba. Coz Cassano, Adriano, Martins and Vieri are all players who will demand a starting position. Cassano is a true number 10 he is amongst the best natural suporting forwards in the world, his talent is really huge. ppl say he has an attitude problem, well to me Totti seems to hav a bigger problem, Totti seems to get to many red cards. Cassano in the past few weeks seems alot more mature with Totti out, he seems to hav taken to the role of being the leader out there and is doing pretty good.

Cassano, Adriano, Martins and Vieri.

WOW .. i wud start any two and wud be pretty happy. Cassano wud sure provide something we don't have.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

nah. That's ok.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    we can only have room for 2 star strikers. Adriano and Martins is enough.

Gilardino, Cassano or F.Torres cant come unless one of them leaves.

Helal .. what u said is exactly why i said he wud be a good addition not a great addition !

If it was Gila or Torres i am definitly against it coz we already hav 3 great num 9's (adriano, Martins, Vier). But Cassano is different he is a different type of forward, he is a true num 10, which we don't really have apart from Recoba who is a big question mark ..

Cassano is the type of number 10 who wud fit perfectly in a 442. Thats why i said he wud be a good addition.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Quote Originally Posted by lil_mo
    Helal .. what u said is exactly why i said he wud be a good addition not a great addition !

If it was Gila or Torres i am definitly against it coz we already hav 3 great num 9's (adriano, Martins, Vier). But Cassano is different he is a different type of forward, he is a true num 10, which we don't really have apart from Recoba who is a big question mark ..

Cassano is the type of number 10 who wud fit perfectly in a 442. Thats why i said he wud be a good addition.
    We have one great number 9, Julio Cruz. That's all we need. He's so underrated. He's a great striker who deserves a lot more credit.

Yeah but if he comes he'll demand a starting position just like Adriano, and that is a problem since there is no way in hell those too could work together. We will play without any box player.

Thats why I'm afraid that our future partnership with Martins and Adriano would not work. And I'm almoste sure of this.

primo-inter ... my point was based on Cassano being different, being a number 10 and that we should'nt think of adding a number 9 since we already have many .. So saying cruz is a great number 9 doesn,t make sense .. i know he is good. But the point was we have number 9's but no 10's apart from Recoba.

i didn't say i thing we shud get Gila ... if i did then u can say no we have cruz .. i said Cassano, who is different to cruz.

Anyway.

Adriano i disagree... Adriano when playing with another number 9 tends to move out, but in Parma he played as a pure box striker with 3 players behind him just like Gila does today .. He scored like a box num 9 using his head, tap-ins, good finishing and dribbling the last man.
    Same with Brazil in the Copa he was a box num 9.

Plus think about it .. Cassano played last year with Totti who plays all of his game out side the box and last year was great for him. IMO Cassano and Adriano wud form a great partnership, just like Mutu and Adriano did .. Adriano wud be able to play more in the box (as there won't be a Martins or Vieri) and Cassano wud be able to move more freely (as there won't be a Totti who wud take the num 10 role. Cassano gets in the box alot more then Recoba does and he plays alot closer to the Striker, just like Mutu, thats why i think he and Adriano wud be great.

Having Adriano, Martins and Cassano wud mean we wud have the ideal strike force for many years to come. Adriano with his power and Skill, Martins with his speed and eye for goal and Cassano with his fantasista talents.

with all that said the forward line should be left until all other area's are sorted. If then we have a chance then i wud be happy to give the forward line a different type of addition then what we already have.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Discuss it here.

Handyo