Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 118

Thread: Spanish La Liga 2016/2017

  1. #1

    Join Date
    08 Jul 14
    Posts
    4,585
    Thanked
    5,946 times

    South Africa

    Spanish La Liga 2016/2017



    Teams:

    Alavés (promoted)
    Athletic Bilbao
    Atlético Madrid
    Barcelona (C)
    Celta Vigo
    Deportivo La Coruña
    Eibar
    Espanyol
    Granada
    Las Palmas
    Leganés (promoted)
    Malaga
    Osasuna (promoted)
    Real Betis
    Real Madrid
    Real Sociedad
    Sevilla
    Sporting Gijón
    Valencia
    Villarreal

    Relegated:

    Getafe
    Levante
    Rayo Vallecano
    Last edited by bandiera; 23 Jun 16 at 14:06. Reason: sorry about the mistake, leganes is the other team.

  2. Thanks (2): MVD, ScottishInterista

  3. #2
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanked
    5,927 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Who else got promoted, should be an interesting season with Athletico pushing so hard last year and Madrid slipping up at the end
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

  4. #3
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    16,765
    Thanked
    14,257 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    Atletico*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

  5. #4
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,544
    Thanked
    4,581 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Messi BTFO
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  6. Thanks (1): MVD

  7. #5
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanked
    5,927 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    meh, 21 months for tax evasion, thats bullshit and should be longer. No reason it should be a suspended sentence just because of his job
    Quote Originally Posted by browha View Post
    I just am too ignorant

  8. Thanks (1): MVD

  9. #6
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Aug 11
    Posts
    2,451
    Thanked
    3,361 times
    Fav. Player
    Gregor Samsa

    Switzerland

    12
    According to a (credible) swiss paper, he wouldn't have to serve any time behind bars since criminal sentences are generally suspended which are under 2 years against individuals who don't have a previous criminal record.

    He's also been fined 2m (interestingly a similar amount to what Sneijder has to pay for too many yellows ).


    It's easy to imagine that they conveniently sentenced him just 3 months short of 24 to avoid prison time.
    It will be called Internazionale, because we are brothers of the world.

  10. #7
    Pharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Nov 11
    Posts
    6,449
    Thanked
    4,185 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Former Soviet Union

    10 Forum Supporter
    He was never going to serve jail time, no way in hell. This is probably as bad as they can give him.

    Now if he gets caught again, well he's fucked. But a high level celeb like that was never going to get jail for a first offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Forza Kondogbia.

  11. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

  12. #8
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,544
    Thanked
    4,581 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    The problem is that he should see jail time.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  13. Thanks (3): Fitzy, MVD, ScottishInterista

  14. #9
    Fitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Aug 09
    Posts
    9,609
    Thanked
    14,547 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Australia

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    The problem is that he should see jail time.
    Exactly. Would a regular dude who did the same thing get time? I think he would.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

  15. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  16. #10
    Pharaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Nov 11
    Posts
    6,449
    Thanked
    4,185 times
    Fav. Player
    Kovacic

    Former Soviet Union

    10 Forum Supporter
    Yeah but he's not a regular dude. Life isn't fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Forza Kondogbia.

  17. Thanks (3): Fitzy, MVD, thatdude

  18. #11
    Fitzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Aug 09
    Posts
    9,609
    Thanked
    14,547 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    Australia

    Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Yeah but he's not a regular dude. Life isn't fair.
    I think that's the point.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

  19. Thanks (2): MVD, Pharaoh

  20. #12
    might be Deadpool wera's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Mar 11
    Posts
    16,765
    Thanked
    14,257 times
    Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

    South Korea

    Regular dudes also do not have millions lying around to pay the fines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

  21. #13
    nerazzurri4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 Jul 07
    Posts
    5,348
    Thanked
    6,194 times
    Fav. Player
    Mancini

    Trinidad & Tobago

    45
    Excited to see Sevilla under sampaoli, especially with the them buying vazquez and taking the risk on ganso.

    La liga should be nice this season in the 3-5 race. Should be high, high quality stuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Roberto Mancini made me to turn off streams at least 10-15 times last season
    Roberto Mancini made me to hate Inter games
    Roberto Mancini was a coach when I first time watched Inter game live and I wanted to leave stadium after 60 minutes even I've spent a lot of money to be there

    There is no step down from R.Mancini, no way.

  22. Thanks (4): Black Jesus, Fitzy, MVD, thatdude

  23. #14

    Join Date
    08 Jul 14
    Posts
    4,585
    Thanked
    5,946 times

    South Africa

    sevilla are straight up hoarding attacking mids. kiyotake, sarabia, correa, vazquez, and ganso... shit. they've lost their three pillars in krychowiak, banega, and emery so sampaoli is working on a clean slate (although in any case i don't see him continuing emery's blueprint even if banega and krychowiak were still at the club)

    la liga has improved so much when it comes to the top 10. must be a combination of the appeal of real+barca (along with improbable atletico success story under simeone) bringing investment - malaga, valencia right now, possibly espanyol and even betis in the future, good coaching schools, good youth systems (which can be driven by improbabilities like cruyff's influence on spanish football) etc. you could actually say the financial gap between the big teams and the rest of the league has driven competency as a survival mechanism in a high level environment.
    Last edited by bandiera; 19 Jul 16 at 06:08.

  24. Thanks (4): Fapuccino, Fitzy, Kazaan, thatdude

  25. #15
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    11,736
    Thanked
    8,857 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    sevilla are straight up hoarding attacking mids. kiyotake, sarabia, correa, vazquez, and ganso... shit. they've lost their three pillars in krychowiak, banega, and emery so sampaoli is working on a clean slate (although in any case i don't see him continuing emery's blueprint even if banega and krychowiak were still at the club)

    la liga has improved so much when it comes to the top 10. must be a combination of the appeal of real+barca (along with improbable atletico success story under simeone) bringing investment - malaga, valencia right now, possibly espanyol and even betis in the future, good coaching schools, good youth systems (which can be driven by improbabilities like cruyff's influence on spanish football) etc. you could actually say the financial gap between the big teams and the rest of the league has driven competency as a survival mechanism in a high level environment.
    As it should. Drowning smaller teams with cash can often times be harmful. They need to learn how to use the money efficiently first.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  26. #16
    Black Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    9,883
    Thanked
    11,980 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon

    United States

    48
    This guy is Dominican



    Platano Power

    El perico es puro y con baking soda se corta.

  27. Thanks (3): Howl, MVD, nerazzurri4life

  28. #17
    thatdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    18 Feb 10
    Posts
    10,548
    Thanked
    9,737 times

    United States

    Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    I really hope one day our youtube channel can get to this level.



    I must say I'm surprised though at how shit Madrid's is in comparison. Barca, Bayern, City, & Arsenal really running the youtube game.

  29. Thanks (1): MVD

  30. #18
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    13,410
    Thanked
    12,369 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    This guy is Dominican



    mamaguevaso
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  31. Thanks (2): Black Jesus, MVD

  32. #19
    Black Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    26 Dec 10
    Posts
    9,883
    Thanked
    11,980 times
    Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon

    United States

    48
    Loco tu ere un come mierda na'ma te sabe esa.
    Platano Power

    El perico es puro y con baking soda se corta.

  33. Thanks (1): MVD

  34. #20
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    13,410
    Thanked
    12,369 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jesus View Post
    Loco tu ere un come mierda na'ma te sabe esa.
    tu madre es un gorda fea bacca

    - - - Updated - - -

    fuck man, that domenicano is a bad influence love that sob
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •