Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foreign Exchange Studies

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Foreign Exchange Studies

As I said in a thread (which I've forgotten which one) long time ago, in January, I'll go to Denmark! I passed everything again in second semester, no idea how I did it, but hooray!

Anyway, I remember Jrg & OC giving very useful tips for life in Denmark (I still need to subscribe to the school, but I have good knowledge it'll be in Esbjerg.

So guys, care for more tips? Gracias!
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Tip #1: They speak Danish in Denmark, not Spanish.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Wanna speak perfect danish? Stick a potato down your throat and start to emit sounds, that'll be danish.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Drink Tuborg. That's the best Danish advice I could come up with.

Armenia

Are you only gonna stay at Esbjerg, if you consider coming to Copenhagen one day give me a message about it, as I live in Denmark

- Tuborg is really nice beer
    - In winter time it rains a lot and gets dark after 4:10
    - Esbjerg is known for rainy and stormy weather with high waves
    - Nature around Esbjerg is really nice specially the west coast

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzlightyear View Post
    Are you only gonna stay at Esbjerg, if you consider coming to Copenhagen one day give me a message about it, as I live in Denmark

- Tuborg is really nice beer
    - In winter time it rains a lot and gets dark after 4:10
    - Esbjerg is known for rainy and stormy weather with high waves
    - Nature around Esbjerg is really nice specially the west coast
    Well, I don't know yet. Esbjerg is where I'll study So I'll see. I'm planning on going to Copenhagen anyway. Tuborg is quite okay, better than Carlsberg regardless.

Fml, rain. Like I don't have enough rain in Belgium yet. Jrg and OC also spoke of a some kind of government fee, aside from Erasmus fees though, you know more about that?

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    Tuborg is owned by Carlsberg btw. I read last year an article from the Danish Brewers Association which labeled Denmark as the country with the most breweries per capita in Europe. We do have many great upcoming microbreweries like Mikkeller (not really upcoming), To Øl, Amager Bryghus, Evil Twin ect.

Edit:

The fee we talked about was SU. I completely forgot the fact that you have to have a job in Denmark with at least 10 working hours per week beside your studies to be qualified for SU as a foreign student. And it seems like you can't receive it if you are an exchange student as you have to be signed up for the studies at a Danish university :/ 30.000 foreign students received it last year which clearly indicates how popular it is to come and study in Denmark as it is a small country with 5.7M people.

Anyway you can read more about it here. http://www.su.dk/english/su-as-a-foreign-citizen/
    Last edited by J..; 20 Jul 16 at 17:54.

11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Getting closer

Got my erasmus fee so every expense is paid

13. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Javier'sSon

United States

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Well, I don't know yet. Esbjerg is where I'll study So I'll see. I'm planning on going to Copenhagen anyway. Tuborg is quite okay, better than Carlsberg regardless.
    What is your area of study?
    e^(ix)=cos(x)+isin(x)

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

a friend of mine several years ago took part in the erasmus project and studied in denmark. he said he didn't need to learn a word of the language (except for "takk" and only because he felt it was more polite to thank in the local language), he did all his exams in English and said you can get by with English basically in any situation.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    a friend of mine several years ago took part in the erasmus project and studied in denmark. he said he didn't need to learn a word of the language (except for "takk" and only because he felt it was more polite to thank in the local language), he did all his exams in English and said you can get by with English basically in any situation.
    I'm not planning on learning some Danish, maybe if I have some time. I'll be surrounded by international students regardless so I'm not worried. Obviously some sentences like Thank you, give me beer, the bill, is this the local depressed Inter fan club,.. in Danish would be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Interista 1993 View Post
    What is your area of study?

International Business Management in Belgium, but I'll do International Sales & Marketing in Esbjerg. I just took the 'easiest' courses so I pass them all.

United States

I still wish I had my one international politics professor, he spent time abroad studying in west germany, denmark, romania, and I think Italy, I can't remember any others there might have been. I would ask him Professor " A fellow FIF member is going to denamrk as an exchange student from Belgium, any recommendations/tips/etc. for him?"
    e^(ix)=cos(x)+isin(x)

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    So im looking to spend my year abroad next year at either San Diego State or Kingston University in Canada, is there anybody who could give me some pointers about either of these areas
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Why Kingston?
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    So im looking to spend my year abroad next year at either San Diego State or Kingston University in Canada, is there anybody who could give me some pointers about either of these areas
    if you love 6 months of brutal winter, then northern ontario is perfect. in all seriousness, apart from safety, i see no reason not to go to san diego. if you mean QUEENS in Kingston (I don't know of a Kingston University), then you'll have some hot chicks there to keep you company, but it's still located in a redneck town.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

i never thought fif would be useful, anyone in here know about City of Pavia, how is student life, housing and can I survive without basic italian language?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    Why Kingston?
    one of the few uni's our uni lets us go to, others are montreal (third choice) or Toronto (no chance i can get in)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    if you love 6 months of brutal winter, then northern ontario is perfect. in all seriousness, apart from safety, i see no reason not to go to san diego. if you mean QUEENS in Kingston (I don't know of a Kingston University), then you'll have some hot chicks there to keep you company, but it's still located in a redneck town.
    Thanks for the info, scotland is basically 9 months of rain, and yes it is queens in kingston. Only problem with san diego is that i cant drink alcohol in america for a month until my birthday in america but i know Tijuana is fairly close

One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Thanks for the info, scotland is basically 9 months of rain, and yes it is queens in kingston. Only problem with san diego is that i cant drink alcohol in america for a month until my birthday in america but i know Tijuana is fairly close
    Honestly, if you don't want to leave campus, and you're just there for parties, alcohol and girls, Queens is not bad. But be warned Canadian winters are harsh. Scotland is like Morocco by comparison. And the town is a small one.

If you plan on going out to town, and want good weather, San Diego is the better choice. But be warned the US isn't the safest place in the world, especially SoCal.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

24. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

one of the few uni's our uni lets us go to, others are montreal (third choice) or Toronto (no chance i can get in)
    Go to Montreal as it is definitely the more European-friendly city. If not, take the chance to go to UofT.

Kingston is in a shit place in a shit area. Too far from Toronto and too far from Ottawa. You'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, and as a foreign student you'll most likely dislike it.

Edit: also the legal age to drink in Montreal is 18 and in Toronto it's 19
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

26. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    Go to Montreal as it is definitely the more European-friendly city. If not, take the chance to go to UofT.

Kingston is in a shit place in a shit area. Too far from Toronto and too far from Ottawa. You'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, and as a foreign student you'll most likely dislike it.

Edit: also the legal age to drink in Montreal is 18 and in Toronto it's 19
    From the Map they didnt look to far away by bus or train but thanks for that. Makes me laugh that everything is so far away from everything else.

Well im 20 and will be 21 within a month of moving there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Honestly, if you don't want to leave campus, and you're just there for parties, alcohol and girls, Queens is not bad. But be warned Canadian winters are harsh. Scotland is like Morocco by comparison. And the town is a small one.

If you plan on going out to town, and want good weather, San Diego is the better choice. But be warned the US isn't the safest place in the world, especially SoCal.
    Okay didn't realise it was so far away from everything. San Diego is my first choice anyway and have no problem with the safety aspect of it