Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Foreign Exchange Studies

  1. #1
    KevinB's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 10
    Posts
    9,224
    Thanked
    11,149 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Belgium

    54

    Foreign Exchange Studies

    As I said in a thread (which I've forgotten which one) long time ago, in January, I'll go to Denmark! I passed everything again in second semester, no idea how I did it, but hooray!

    Anyway, I remember Jrg & OC giving very useful tips for life in Denmark (I still need to subscribe to the school, but I have good knowledge it'll be in Esbjerg.

    So guys, care for more tips? Gracias!
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015


    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

  2. Thanks (1): MVD

  3. #2
    ADRossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jul 10
    Posts
    7,111
    Thanked
    9,286 times
    Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

    Netherlands

    94
    Tip #1: They speak Danish in Denmark, not Spanish.


  4. #3
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanked
    6,946 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    Wanna speak perfect danish? Stick a potato down your throat and start to emit sounds, that'll be danish.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.


  5. #4
    Quantum's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Jan 16
    Posts
    1,805
    Thanked
    1,875 times
    Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

    Brazil

    Drink Tuborg. That's the best Danish advice I could come up with.

  6. #5
    Bzzlightyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Mar 12
    Posts
    4,373
    Thanked
    1,010 times

    Armenia

    Are you only gonna stay at Esbjerg, if you consider coming to Copenhagen one day give me a message about it, as I live in Denmark

    - Tuborg is really nice beer
    - In winter time it rains a lot and gets dark after 4:10
    - Esbjerg is known for rainy and stormy weather with high waves
    - Nature around Esbjerg is really nice specially the west coast

  7. Thanks (1): MVD

  8. #6
    KevinB's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 10
    Posts
    9,224
    Thanked
    11,149 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Belgium

    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bzzlightyear View Post
    Are you only gonna stay at Esbjerg, if you consider coming to Copenhagen one day give me a message about it, as I live in Denmark

    - Tuborg is really nice beer
    - In winter time it rains a lot and gets dark after 4:10
    - Esbjerg is known for rainy and stormy weather with high waves
    - Nature around Esbjerg is really nice specially the west coast
    Well, I don't know yet. Esbjerg is where I'll study So I'll see. I'm planning on going to Copenhagen anyway. Tuborg is quite okay, better than Carlsberg regardless.

    Fml, rain. Like I don't have enough rain in Belgium yet. Jrg and OC also spoke of a some kind of government fee, aside from Erasmus fees though, you know more about that?
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015


    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

  9. Thanks (1): MVD

  10. #7

    Join Date
    16 Feb 13
    Posts
    3,280
    Thanked
    4,054 times
    Old name
    Jrg

    Denmark

    17 Forum Supporter
    Tuborg is owned by Carlsberg btw. I read last year an article from the Danish Brewers Association which labeled Denmark as the country with the most breweries per capita in Europe. We do have many great upcoming microbreweries like Mikkeller (not really upcoming), To Øl, Amager Bryghus, Evil Twin ect.

    Edit:

    The fee we talked about was SU. I completely forgot the fact that you have to have a job in Denmark with at least 10 working hours per week beside your studies to be qualified for SU as a foreign student. And it seems like you can't receive it if you are an exchange student as you have to be signed up for the studies at a Danish university :/ 30.000 foreign students received it last year which clearly indicates how popular it is to come and study in Denmark as it is a small country with 5.7M people.

    Anyway you can read more about it here. http://www.su.dk/english/su-as-a-foreign-citizen/
    Last edited by J..; 20 Jul 16 at 17:54.

  11. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

  12. #8
    KevinB's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 10
    Posts
    9,224
    Thanked
    11,149 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Belgium

    54
    Getting closer

    Got my erasmus fee so every expense is paid
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015


    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

  13. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Javier'sSon

  14. #9
    Interista 1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Oct 16
    Posts
    214
    Thanked
    92 times

    United States

    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Well, I don't know yet. Esbjerg is where I'll study So I'll see. I'm planning on going to Copenhagen anyway. Tuborg is quite okay, better than Carlsberg regardless.
    What is your area of study?
    e^(ix)=cos(x)+isin(x)

  15. #10
    firmino's Avatar
    Join Date
    23 Nov 15
    Posts
    6,086
    Thanked
    6,946 times
    Fav. Player
    Miranda

    Italy

    70
    a friend of mine several years ago took part in the erasmus project and studied in denmark. he said he didn't need to learn a word of the language (except for "takk" and only because he felt it was more polite to thank in the local language), he did all his exams in English and said you can get by with English basically in any situation.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

  16. #11
    KevinB's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 10
    Posts
    9,224
    Thanked
    11,149 times
    Fav. Player
    Adriano

    Belgium

    54
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    a friend of mine several years ago took part in the erasmus project and studied in denmark. he said he didn't need to learn a word of the language (except for "takk" and only because he felt it was more polite to thank in the local language), he did all his exams in English and said you can get by with English basically in any situation.
    I'm not planning on learning some Danish, maybe if I have some time. I'll be surrounded by international students regardless so I'm not worried. Obviously some sentences like Thank you, give me beer, the bill, is this the local depressed Inter fan club,.. in Danish would be useful

    Quote Originally Posted by Interista 1993 View Post
    What is your area of study?

    International Business Management in Belgium, but I'll do International Sales & Marketing in Esbjerg. I just took the 'easiest' courses so I pass them all.
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015


    http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711


  17. #12
    Interista 1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 Oct 16
    Posts
    214
    Thanked
    92 times

    United States

    I still wish I had my one international politics professor, he spent time abroad studying in west germany, denmark, romania, and I think Italy, I can't remember any others there might have been. I would ask him Professor " A fellow FIF member is going to denamrk as an exchange student from Belgium, any recommendations/tips/etc. for him?"
    e^(ix)=cos(x)+isin(x)

  18. #13
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,082
    Thanked
    7,835 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    So im looking to spend my year abroad next year at either San Diego State or Kingston University in Canada, is there anybody who could give me some pointers about either of these areas
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  19. #14
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,981
    Thanked
    5,097 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Why Kingston?
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  20. #15
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    12,077
    Thanked
    9,268 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    So im looking to spend my year abroad next year at either San Diego State or Kingston University in Canada, is there anybody who could give me some pointers about either of these areas
    if you love 6 months of brutal winter, then northern ontario is perfect. in all seriousness, apart from safety, i see no reason not to go to san diego. if you mean QUEENS in Kingston (I don't know of a Kingston University), then you'll have some hot chicks there to keep you company, but it's still located in a redneck town.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  21. #16
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,130
    Thanked
    13,681 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    i never thought fif would be useful, anyone in here know about City of Pavia, how is student life, housing and can I survive without basic italian language?
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  22. #17
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,082
    Thanked
    7,835 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    Why Kingston?
    one of the few uni's our uni lets us go to, others are montreal (third choice) or Toronto (no chance i can get in)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    if you love 6 months of brutal winter, then northern ontario is perfect. in all seriousness, apart from safety, i see no reason not to go to san diego. if you mean QUEENS in Kingston (I don't know of a Kingston University), then you'll have some hot chicks there to keep you company, but it's still located in a redneck town.
    Thanks for the info, scotland is basically 9 months of rain, and yes it is queens in kingston. Only problem with san diego is that i cant drink alcohol in america for a month until my birthday in america but i know Tijuana is fairly close
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

  23. #18
    Fapuccino's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Apr 12
    Posts
    12,077
    Thanked
    9,268 times
    Fav. Player
    Schelotto

    Brazil

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thanks for the info, scotland is basically 9 months of rain, and yes it is queens in kingston. Only problem with san diego is that i cant drink alcohol in america for a month until my birthday in america but i know Tijuana is fairly close
    Honestly, if you don't want to leave campus, and you're just there for parties, alcohol and girls, Queens is not bad. But be warned Canadian winters are harsh. Scotland is like Morocco by comparison. And the town is a small one.

    If you plan on going out to town, and want good weather, San Diego is the better choice. But be warned the US isn't the safest place in the world, especially SoCal.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

  24. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  25. #19
    TheNetworkZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Mar 12
    Posts
    5,981
    Thanked
    5,097 times
    Fav. Player
    The Bro

    Italy

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    one of the few uni's our uni lets us go to, others are montreal (third choice) or Toronto (no chance i can get in)
    Go to Montreal as it is definitely the more European-friendly city. If not, take the chance to go to UofT.

    Kingston is in a shit place in a shit area. Too far from Toronto and too far from Ottawa. You'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, and as a foreign student you'll most likely dislike it.

    Edit: also the legal age to drink in Montreal is 18 and in Toronto it's 19
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

  26. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista

  27. #20
    ScottishInterista's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 May 13
    Posts
    8,082
    Thanked
    7,835 times
    Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

    Scotland

    31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNetworkZ View Post
    Go to Montreal as it is definitely the more European-friendly city. If not, take the chance to go to UofT.

    Kingston is in a shit place in a shit area. Too far from Toronto and too far from Ottawa. You'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do, and as a foreign student you'll most likely dislike it.

    Edit: also the legal age to drink in Montreal is 18 and in Toronto it's 19
    From the Map they didnt look to far away by bus or train but thanks for that. Makes me laugh that everything is so far away from everything else.

    Well im 20 and will be 21 within a month of moving there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Honestly, if you don't want to leave campus, and you're just there for parties, alcohol and girls, Queens is not bad. But be warned Canadian winters are harsh. Scotland is like Morocco by comparison. And the town is a small one.

    If you plan on going out to town, and want good weather, San Diego is the better choice. But be warned the US isn't the safest place in the world, especially SoCal.
    Okay didn't realise it was so far away from everything. San Diego is my first choice anyway and have no problem with the safety aspect of it
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

    Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •