View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

4 4.35%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

1 1.09%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

60 65.22%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

20 21.74%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

2 2.17%
  • 5 - Completely average player

3 3.26%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

0 0%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

1 1.09%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

1 1.09%
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126
Results 2,501 to 2,516 of 2516

Thread: Antonio Candreva

United States

what would i do without your smart mouth? got my head spinning candreva no kidding

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    No matter who the coach is, this guy is just inexcusable. I can understand players like Skriniar being frustrated etc. but this guy shouldn't even be starting at the bottom Serie A teams.

I may be overreacting, but I think this version of Candreva might be the worst player I've watched at Inter. Obviously, there have been some horrible players, but the combination of lack of skills, terrible performance, and shitty attitude - I'm not sure anyone is being this guy out.

At least when someone like Ranocchia was playing awful, I respected the guy for giving it his all and he was in general a fairly likeable guy. Candreva has nothing likeable about him mixed in with some of the worst performances ever. Just seeing his face irritates me. If I was a referee, I would send him off just for showing up on the pitch with that hair and stupid look on his face.
    Candreva is just a sad, sad dude. But not sad in like a 'never-fulfilled-his-potential' or 'promising-career-cut-short-by-injury' kind of way. Just sad in like, watching a heavily sick farm animal kind of way. Sad in watching a finished guy kind of way.

The career of a professional footballer is short. I fully understand that it takes immense drive and confidence to succeed as a professional footballer. All jokes aside, there's no doubt Candreva has "succeeded", having played in Serie A for most of his career and having represented his country. There's also no doubt that the very same drive which pushes any athlete to the top of the field can be the same factor which makes them stubbornly refuse to acknowledge the end is near. And in a humane way, you kind of have to respect that refusal to give up.

However, there comes a point when you must accept the end, or the beginning of the end, with good grace. Someone like Iniesta, a LEGEND of the game, has moved to Japan, partly for the money of course, but also because he loves to play a certain style of football and he knows he can no longer play the way that he wants to at the top level. He's moved down to a lower tier of football where even having diminished significantly, he can still play the style of football he wants and be effective and valuable. I applaud him for having this sense. If Candreva wants to dribble past clowns on the wing and shoot from outside the box, he can do that in Serie B and feel good about himself. I would never criticise a man for that. But he refuses to grasp that he can not play in that way at the top level anymore and worse, he refuses to adapt his play to benefit the team.

Instead, Candreva is currently spitting in the face of the notion of sense and good grace. He has been given ample opportunity to join a smaller side and play at a lower level but he refuses. He's been given a reduced bench role and instead of trying to convince his way back into contention with solid fundamentals and good decision making, he tries the fucking absurd and incredible. He'll have the opportunity to set up teammates in good positions but will prefer to dribble towards the corner flag and shoot from 30 meters out. There was a time when he could dribble past players and score some long range screamers but watching him try and desperately turn every opportunity into an epic throwback to relive his 'glory' days, is just fucking sad. He's like the washed up singer who had one half-popular 'hit' record in the 80's and drives around blaring his song in the car and reminding everyone of that one time in 83' his band opened for Bon Jovi. It's just fucking tragic.

Like I said during the match, I flip between feeling either blinding rage for the guy, and otherwise pathetic pity for him. I can not remember the last time I saw a footballer so broken as Candreva. I don't care about his diminishing physical traits or his poor 'form'. I could live with those things if the guy was trying, like Palacio was, to give what little he had left to give, for the benefit of the team. But I do care that this guy is clearly too pigheaded and fucking perversely stubborn to do that.

He should think, "hey, I'm not as fast as I used to be. So instead of dribbling, I'll pass more often." Instead of re-configuring his dwindling assets to benefit his teammates, he thinks, "I've still got it. I can still be the star. I can still sprint past players like I used to 7 years ago and score from 30m out." It's this detachment from reality and this rather arrogant refusal to acknowledge that his current way of playing is detrimental to his comrades, that crosses the line for me. If he doesn't change his attitude immediately, Candreva is 1000% done as any level of professional footballer. Like I said, I can not remember the last time I saw a footballer so broken as Candreva.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Serbia

The only issue regarding Candreva is that I can't quite decide whether he is a has-been or a never-was.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Inter-Nazi-Onale

United States

Candreva could literally drop to the ground and do the worm anytime the ball is near him, and he’d contribute the same as if the ball was at his feet. I loathe the very sight of him.
    ------------Milito.
    Pandev-----Sneijder-----Eto'o.
    ------Motta--Cambiasso.
    Zanetti-Samuel-Lucio-Maicon.
    -----------Julio Cesar.

7. Thanks (5): delaurentis, JJM, KevinB, MVD, Rain

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

someone here has said that we should just give him immediately whatever he should earn till his contract expires, just so that he leaves Inter immediately. and i totally agree, he's not even good as a rotation player, he's merely a liability whenever he sets foot on the pitch.

i have seen even worse players than him at Inter, but never, ever this wicked combination of stupid and arrogant.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsncider View Post
    Candreva could literally drop to the ground and do the worm anytime the ball is near him, and he’d contribute the same as if the ball was at his feet. I loathe the very sight of him.
    Yet a great coach prefered to have him rather than Karamoah. And what kind of a club that would take excuses like to be near his pregnant wife into consideration when deciding who to keep because they contribute or who to loan or even release because they are useless?

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

What makes it more bad is that we are most likely going to see him every match toward the end of the season.
    Forza Inter

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Not too bad as there is comedy value in there
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    What Uni said

Some players as they grow old and lose some of their pace/physicality, they adapt. Use their experience and skill to play in another way. And that way they end up elongating their career at the top level, becoming legends. Like Totti. Or even Quagliarella.

Others, like Candreva, refuse to learn and adapt. They just keep trying the same thing again and again and again, hoping it will start working again, but instead it only keeps getting worse and worse.

Candreva career at the top level is like that lame old horse in a lot of pain, that needs to be put out of its misery.

Fav. Player
    Rano & Lautaro

Germany

Crazy about is how much playing time karamoh would have gotten if Cabndy didn't refuse to be sold to Monaco. I'm Really curious about candy's market value, nowadays it should be nearly at zero. Tbh I can't bear seeing his face anymore, so freaking frustrating...

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Turkey

Any player from youngster squad better than him. I really want to break tv when i see him.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kartalsafa View Post
    Any player from youngster squad better than him. I really want to break tv when i see him.
    You're lucky that you are pissed off by only one player. For me, I have to put up with Spalletti, Candreva, Perisic and Dambro.

17. Thanks (1): kartalsafa

Fav. Player
    Fuck Ausilio

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Another one of Ausilio's butt buddies.

We needed to sell him last summer instead he was given an extension. Why? Ausilio always looks out for his butt buddies and makes sure they get paid.

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Another one of Ausilio's butt buddies.

We needed to sell him last summer instead he was given an extension. Why? Ausilio always looks out for his butt buddies and makes sure they get paid.
    Actually it was because we couldn't sell him without taking a book loss and the extension was to pay out his salary over a longer period of time for amortization purposes.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

\_(ツ)_/

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Actually it was because we couldn't sell him without taking a book loss and the extension was to pay out his salary over a longer period of time for amortization purposes.
    Shut up Ausilio lover. Don't spoil the story.

21. Thanks (1): ScottishInterista