View Poll Results: Where will De Boer lead us this season?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto

19 12.67%
  • CL

82 54.67%
  • EL

39 26.00%
  • Outside EL

2 1.33%
  • To wishing Mancini wasn't fired

8 5.33%
Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2441

Thread: Frank de Boer

Poland

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    as much as I love Handa and Icardi...their heads could very well be compromised by their stupid teammates...in a sense of apathetic behavior...Handa was that in Genova for sure...he looked like:I'm so fucking done with this shit" tbh...and I don't even blame them...

I think we need a revolution in many areas of the pitch...complete overhaul like Bbilan did in the summer...and they are fucking growing now as we are crumbling down like every year...FUCK,FUCK,FUCK!

maybe giving up on Handa,Icardi,Perisic...etc. and the other losers is the only play that is available to do better now!

Perin
    Cancelo-Skriniar-DeVrij-Dalbert or someone better than Dumbo ffs
    Vecino-Torreira
    Rafinha-Barella-Chiesa
    Martinez
    YES DO THAT. I have no problem with selling our top players but Skriniar.

and keep Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

India

10 years of FIF
    Wow no wonder these fuckers fail season after season, they don't deserve our money or time at this point.

Fav. Player
    Skrin'o

Belarus

we need Materazzi in the locker room asap

something similar to what happened in Milan when they had Seedorf as a coach and Gattuso was an assistant running around screaming at the players on the pitch etc
    Inter is coming

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter Nostradamus
    Jose on Rashford: "I read a quote from the worst manager in the history of the Premier League, Frank De Boer - seven matches, seven losses - that Marcus would not learn under me. If Marcus would be coached by Frank, he would learn how to lose."

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF

6. Thanks (3): MVD, nerazzurri4life, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Yeah just read it.....sick burn Jose. And very dumb by FdB, but I guess he's trying to get in the news cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    Yeah just read it.....sick burn Jose. And very dumb by FdB, but I guess he's trying to get in the news cycle.
    He was on a dutch talkshow about football. The funny thing was he was telling everyone how important it is to be ''the boss'' in the dressing room and the players respect their coach. (Younes of Ajax refused to join the match as a sub so he was talking about that) but he never was the leader at Inter nor Crystal Palace.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

I think he is one of those coaches who may have had good ideas coming out of Ajax & Barcelona but he has zero management skills when it comes to conveying his methods, ideas and establishing a rapport with players, if you don't have that you wont be able to coach in a lot of top clubs. Kinda strikes like me like Van Gaal.

10. Thanks (3): monster09, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I think he is one of those coaches who may have had good ideas coming out of Ajax & Barcelona but he has zero management skills when it comes to conveying his methods, ideas and establishing a rapport with players, if you don't have that you wont be able to coach in a lot of top clubs. Kinda strikes like me like Van Gaal.
    Yeah, having ideas is all good but selling that idea to players is biggest task. Van Gaal was at least successful so he had respect from players, however short lived it was.

12. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

With Van Gaal i don't know how his early coaching career went because before he was successful he had to build up his resume, i wonder how he was perceived back then.

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

With Van Gaal i don't know how his early coaching career went because before he was successful he had to build up his resume, i wonder how he was perceived back then.
    Yeah I don't know how it was. All I know is he was assistant and promoted to coach. Then his team was respected so much and is still talked about.

16. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Didn't he win Champions League in like his first years? Immeditly respect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

18. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Yah, 3rd year according to Wiki.

Not to take anything away from him, but that Ajax team was insane.
    Last edited by K.I.; 13 Mar 18 at 16:41.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

Van Gaal in his early years successfully integrated players from Ajax youth with those purchased from other clubs. He also gave the marching orders to those who didn't fit his views. Always an authoritarian with rigid tactical ideas, I don't think he'd achieved all those titles had it not been for significant backing from the Ajax management - given despite the fact that Van Gaal didn't see eye to eye with Cruyff.

De Boer clearly lacks man-management skills, probably trying to emulate Van Gaal's hard-line approach, but without the backing of his superiors, even his merits will be ignored.

It must be said players now are much more pampered than they were when Van Gaal started on this business.

22. Thanks (3): K.I., MVD, thatdude

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
    Van Gaal in his early years successfully integrated players from Ajax youth with those purchased from other clubs. He also gave the marching orders to those who didn't fit his views. Always an authoritarian with rigid tactical ideas, I don't think he'd achieved all those titles had it not been for significant backing from the Ajax management - given despite the fact that Van Gaal didn't see eye to eye with Cruyff.

De Boer clearly lacks man-management skills, probably trying to emulate Van Gaal's hard-line approach, but without the backing of his superiors, even his merits will be ignored.

It must be said players now are much more pampered than they were when Van Gaal started on this business.
    Thanks for the insight!

I think Ajax always were successful as a club in bringing up their youth players, and the fact that he didn't work with others who didn't fit his views is not a good thing for a coach in my opinion.

24. Thanks (2): MVD, Quantum

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

87 Most Stubborn Poster
    Yah, 3rd year according to Wiki.

Not to take anything away from him, but that Ajax team was insane.
    Yeah, imagine having 2 de Boer and not 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    Google and Youtube are some next level shit though. That's like air at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

26. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Yeah, imagine having 2 de Boer and not 1

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

Netherlands

I think Ajax always were successful as a club in bringing up their youth players, and the fact that he didn't work with others who didn't fit his views is not a good thing for a coach in my opinion.
    This was indeed his problem at Ajax. He loved to play with youth players because they knew already how to play and to would listen to him. Players who had an own opinion had it difficult with de Boer because he couldn't deal with that. Had amazing years at Ajax with alot of youth players who are now top players (Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Blind etc) but these were guys who were young and already used to play the ''Ajax formation''. And lets not forget that Ajax would back up de Boer with everything he did also the fans backed him up so he could do anything he wants. Then if you leave for Inter where there are players who doesn't feel like playing this style or have a own opinion you have a problem if you don't know how to fixed this. This problem will always return as long as de Boer doesn't change his view on this.

30. Thanks (1): K.I.

Serbia

Some more Frank wisdom:

Frank de Boer admits he was not ready to coach Inter but claims he was undermined by ‘poison’ in the dressing room.

Inter appointed De Boer on the eve of last season after Roberto Mancini walked away but sacked the Dutchman just 14 games into his tenure.

“You see Guardiola in his first year,” he told the Independent.

“[Gio] Van Bronckhorst at Feyenoord, when he lost seven games in a row. Everybody said he’s got to be fired. Next year he was champion.

“I had one friendly game against Celtic, and then I had to do my preseason in the season.

“That’s so difficult, especially at a club like Inter. Not only from the President you get some trouble, but also the press.

“Agents have a lot of influence. You have to really be prepared. And I wasn’t that well-prepared, at that moment, for Inter.

“You have three groups. One who is happy. Then players who are doubtful, but still feel they have a chance.

“And then, you have the losers at that moment, who will go to the second group and try to influence them.

“They are poison for your team. At Inter, and also at Crystal Palace, you’ve got to get rid of those players.

“That’s sometimes difficult, because you say, ‘I want him out’, but then the President says, ‘Yeah, but that costs me money.’ And in the end, you’re stuck with all the same players.”

32. Thanks (2): delaurentis, MVD

Fav. Player
    Youth team

Canada

Fucking hell. We get it this club is a poison. Move on Frank.
    FORZA INTER TILL I DIE! Mi chiamo Salvatore.