Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Inter - Marseille

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Inter - Marseille

The return leg is this Wednesday and inter are trailing 1-0 from the first leg. Good news is that Drogba is suspended and Marseille are set to field Mido in his place. We already faced Mido last year and Cordoba and Matrix did a good job on him specially in the secong game in Ajax. This time around, however, he will be fielded as a lone CF instead of his usual support striker role. He is as good as Drogba in the air but isn't as good when it comes to dribbling.

Marseille got their league match against Lille postponed from yesterday untill next Sunday since next weekend there is no league games in France (they have cup games or so.) So they will be well rested and this could mean Marlet can come back if he recovers in time. Marseille have nothing to play for this year and in the league their best hope is a place in UEFA next year. Still, we should be able to beat them. I saw many Marseille games and they are worse than they looked. The most important thing is to pressure them and make them defend and that's when they crack. If they are given freedom they have few skilled individuals that can win them games. Their defence is very weak and we should exploit that, no more two DM's and we should use a flanked forward system. I just hope Recoba recovers in time because he can be the difference.

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I am not that comfortable before this game because Zac didnt have much to show for against Perugia but hopefully our players are strong enough to put on a great game.It would be a huge plus for us if Recoba makes it,anyone know if he will be back?
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I also hope that Recoba can make it back because having him would be great. I also hope that Emre starts in the LCM and Karagounis starts behind the strikers. Hopefully Vieri and Maritns are well rested and ready to go goal crazy as well...

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I don't think Vieri -- Martins will be the ideal parternship. If there is anything the marseille defence is good at it is defending static forwards. Having one CF and two flanked forward will make life difficult for the defenders and it will make them push backward. Unless the combination of Vieri -- Martins -- Recoba -- Kara produce a brilliant display like the one against Benfica fielding all of them will be risky. Also, remember that in that game we sprung to life after beign a goal down; if we go a goal down in this game it will be extremely difficult. VDM--Bobo/Oba--Recoba is the perfect line and let's hope Recoba recovers in time.

The game is on wednesday!!! WOHOO!!! I'm gonna watch this one!
    Cartman: Shut up Kyle! Shut your Goddamn' Jew mouth! You're the reason that there's war in the Middle East.

Indonesia

10 years of FIF
    if Inter does not qualify further in the UEFA Cup, i'll probably kill myself... if we can't even win against a measly Marseille in San Siro, then i can say no more... please, if Inter loses, don't expect to post again, unless there is broadband in heaven (or hell)...

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Fav. Player
    Oba

I think this could b a hard game, teams usually raise their performance for cup matches and Marseille won’t be a walkover, even though they have had a poor season in France this year. We need our defense to play well and make no silly mistakes, I think our attack should b ok (well I hope so anyway). This is bound to b a nervous game and my heart is gonna go through a tough workout but I pray we can win.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Quote Originally Posted by scutzon
    if Inter does not qualify further in the UEFA Cup, i'll probably kill myself... if we can't even win against a measly Marseille in San Siro, then i can say no more... please, if Inter loses, don't expect to post again, unless there is broadband in heaven (or hell)...

I thought you were serious until I saw the smiley

It will be a hard match ..... i say 2-0 or 3-1 !
    Juve Merda
    Milan Merda
    Lazio Merda
    Roma Mera

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

This would be my no.1 line up right now:

3-4-3

------------------------------TOLDO------------------------------

------CANNAVARO----------MATRIX----------CORDOBA------

J.ZANETTI------------HAMMER------------- STAN--------EMRE

----------MARTINS----------ADRIANO----------VIERI---------

That is what I think!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Fabio, both Stankovic and Adriano will be unavaliable for this game because they're cup-tied in this competition. Well, Zac rested Vieri, Martins, Emre, Canna & Recoba (???) against Perugia. I'm not sure though if Recoba was injured or just rested. But I'm sure Zac have one eye or two on this tie when he chose the squad for the Perugia match.

Honestly, I'm not sure about our chances. This period reminds me a lot to the period we have when Zac first take charge. We're unbeated in the league for 5 matches, winning 4 in the process but in the continental competition, we're not that good; losing to Marseille and scrapping past Benfica. Will our European form continue against Marseille??? I'm not so sure. Hell after last mid-week, how can anyone be sure of these European ties!?!?!?

I think we still have a good chance going through. Admittedly, Marseille have the upper hand for they kept a clean sheet at home while putting one past us. We have to make sure that we don't concede an away goal as it will prove unbelieavable fatal to our UEFA Cup hopes.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Whoops I have posted in the wrong thread sorry for that

FORZA RAGAZZI!
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

For fans in Canada, CTV sportsnet will again show the return leg and again it's gonna be on taped delay. In Ontario it will be shown 11:30pm-1:30am, about 6 hours after the official end of the game.

Fav. Player
    Crespo, Figo, I

Canada surey shows a lot of inter....

startv choose celtics and valencia's games over inter's...

i just hope an indonesian TV will show inter's...

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    I'll get to watch the game (100% sure this time ) and this will be the first UEFA Cup game that I'll watch in years!!! Hell, I can't remember the last time I watched a UEFA Cup match. This may as well be my first. :p

Handyo

Jimmy
    My 20-men squad:

Keepers: Toldo, Fontana

Defenders: Cordoba, Cannavaro, Adani, Gamarra

Midfielders: Zanetti, Helveg, Farinos, Lamouchi, C. Zanetti, Emre, Almeyda, Karagounis, Kily, Pasquale

Strikers: Vieri, Martins, Cruz, Van der Meyde

Materazzi was in pain on Sunday, so I doubt he will make it in this game.

Recoba trained with the squad!
    Chino please make it!!

Jimmy
    Zac about this game:

"We'll have to show the same character we did at Perugia"

Someone please shoot me!!!!!!

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy
    Someone please shoot me!!!!!!
    Gladly!

He said: "We'll have to show the same character we did at Perugia on Sunday but try and play better."

How could you not notice that?

When he said character, i believe he meant the last ten minutes or so (hard to say really since i´m not Zac. ). Anyway, if we have same character than we did against Perugia, but we play better, then it´s all good...obviously.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Jimmy
    I saw what he said after, but it doesn´t mean anything. He says the same character as against Perugia, and our character in that game was just horrible.