86 FIF Special Ones

UEFA Country Coefficients

Champions League
    Reach Qualifying Round 1: 0.50 point
    Reach Qualifying Round 2: 1.00 point
    Reach Qualifying Round 3: 0.00 points
    Reach Qualifying Round 4: 0.00 points
    Reach Group Stage: 0.00 points

Points are not cumulative. Meaning if you lose in QR1, you get 0.50. If you lose in QR2, you get 1.00, not 1.50. Points are not awarded for reaching QR3 or QR4 because the losers enter Europa League and will be awarded points there. Group Stage of CL is awarded bonus points on its own, so you don't get any points in this qualification chart.

After the qualifying rounds, a win is worth 2 points and a draw is worth 1 point. You also get the following bonus points:

Group Stage: 4 points
    Quarterfinal: 1 point
    Semifinal: 1 point
    Final: 1 point

Europa League
    Reach Qualifying Round 1: 0.25 point
    Reach Qualifying Round 2: 0.50 point
    Reach Qualifying Round 3: 1.00 points
    Reach Qualifying Round 4: 1.50 points
    Reach Group Stage: 2.00 points (This is a minimum. If you lose every game in the group stage, you get 2 points.)

Points are not cumulative. The two points for the group stage of the Europa League are a minimum and will not be added to the points obtained during the group stage. So, all participating teams get at least some qualification or bonus points.

After the qualifying rounds, a win is worth 2 points and a draw is worth 1 point. You also get the following bonus points:

Quarterfinal: 1 point
    Semifinal: 1 point
    Final: 1 point

So, last season we were about 6 points behind England. However, that included coefficients from 2011-12 season up until 2015-16 season. If you don't remember, 2011-12 was one of the worst European performances by Italian teams in recent memory. So moving into this year, we get to drop that 2011-12 season form consideration. which helped up close the gap down to about 2 points.

England - 61.034
    Italy - 59.082

Like my post earlier stated, you get bonus points for qualifying for the CL group stage. Since England gets 3 teams automatically qualified and we only get 2 teams, they start this season out with more points than us.

Leicester City - 4 points
    Arsenal - 4 points
    Tottenham - 4 points
    Man City - 4 points
    Man United - 2 points
    Southampton - 2 points
    West Ham - 1.5 points (OUT)
    Total Points = 21.5
    Average = 3.071

Juventus - 4 points
    Napoli - 4 points
    Roma - 2 points
    Inter - 2 points
    Fiorentina - 2 points
    Sassuolo - 2 points
    Total Points = 16.0
    Average = 2.667

Current Ranking:

England - 64.105
    Italy - 61.749
    Last edited by vitomins; 26 Aug 16 at 15:05.

Fav. Player
    Il Phenomenon

Indonesia

I'm very interested with this battle for 3rd place. Hope Serie A will outplace EPL soon.
    But I read about CL reform plan that will make this all coefficient nonsense.
    http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/view...php?f=1&t=4051
    How's your opinion Vito?
    IndoInter

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Tombatu View Post
    I'm very interested with this battle for 3rd place. Hope Serie A will outplace EPL soon.
    But I read about CL reform plan that will make this all coefficient nonsense.
    http://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum2/view...php?f=1&t=4051
    How's your opinion Vito?
    That sounds pretty bad tbh
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

5. Thanks (1): _OC_

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Looks like no need to worry about points anymore.

Gabriele MarcottiVerified account
    ‏@Marcotti
    From 2018-19, top 4 leagues will have 16 guaranteed spots in CL. UEFA ExCo to approve late August. Rich get richer. #onepercenters
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

7. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Pharaoh

Fav. Player
    Gagliardini

Israel

Does it mean Italy is a "top league" automatically, or France for example can pass us in the coefficients and get 4 teams in the group stage?

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    I assume its the top 4 leagues co-oeffiecent wise. So whose spot did we steal then. Also note this only gets implemented when the PL's 4th spot is at risk
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

10. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Perisic

United States

86 FIF Special Ones
    I posted about this change in one of the other threads. Although it benefits us, I think it is complete nonsense.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    Yeah it's horseshit, but whatever. Also all 4 teams are automatically making it to the group stages.

I think the benefit though, is that group stages are going to be a lot more entertaining. Right now there are 2 pretty good groups, and everything else is shite. So now you have 16 teams that are pretty damn good. Add benfica, porto, PSG, ajax. I think it makes it'll make the competition better as a whole. But so be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

13. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

I could see how this conversation went:

FA: Aye mates, there's a chance the Italians might catch us this year. What about if all the tops leagues get 4 teams in?
    FIGC: YES
    RFEF: We don't care, we're so far ahead of you fools that it doesn't matter.
    FFF: Well, guess this doesn't really affect us
    Latvia's FA:

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Well at least Juve aren't going to get like 60m for the groupstage alone like they've been getting recently when there has been only two Italian sides in the group stage
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Ugh if this is real, I hope the historical merit shit isn't true, or if it is, they have to have it where it only excludes teams like Sassuolo, if the 4th place team already is a team which has won european trophies (will europa league count?) you can't have shitty Milan getting ahead of them.

Or in England for example, if Liverpool are 5th and Arsenal are 4th, Liverpool can go Champions league and Arsenal can be fucked, that's cool. But if Man Utd are the team that are 4th, I don't see why 5th placed Liverpool should get ahead of them, because both have won champions league titles, just because Liverpool have a couple more I don't think that should matter.
    Let's also say it's Arsenal 4th, Chelsea 5th, Liverpool 6th. I don't think Liverpool should be able to leapfrog Chelsea as I think it would still be unfair. If you've won a champions league and you are ahead of the other champions league winners then it should count.

Teams with no historical significance whatsoever should be the ones that are fucked by this, even though I think it's a bullshit rule anyways as it's seriously unfair to whoever worked hard and came 4th for 38 games. In Italy it's only between Inter and AC anyways who would get this spot I guess (depends on europa league but even then both would be ahead of the rest).

In England there's even a chance Aston Villa would get a spot on the off chance all of Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea are all top 3, what's going to happen to Man City/Arsenal/Tottenham if (once they get promoted) Aston Villa who came I dunno 14th(?) would they seriously give the 4th spot to Villa because of historical merit and fuck one of the above three because none have won anything?

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    I don't think the historical merit is going to be a part of it.

From my understanding and I'm sure one of you will correct me if I'm wrong, but the plan is to have the top 4 teams from the top 4 leagues automatically qualify for UCL group stage. So you still will have to perform in the league and get a top 4 slot.

The more I think about it the better I think it is. Now lower league teams like Porto, Ajax, Marseille, Lyon, PSV, Fenderbace etc don't have to go through the likes of Valencia, Roma, Man city to try and qualify. Might be better all around.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

18. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Wobblz, Zoro

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

The Wildcard, my understanding was that the top 4 from each league would go through, and also the 'wildcard' club who missed out on a top 4 place. So they wouldn't be taking any clubs place?

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    The Wildcard, my understanding was that the top 4 from each league would go through, and also the 'wildcard' club who missed out on a top 4 place. So they wouldn't be taking any clubs place?
    But then there would always be 5 teams from Italy because unless it's Real Madrid out of the top 4 in Spain (not fucking likely), it'll be 8th place Milan always going through because of yesteryear.
    What would be better in my opinion (if we HAVE to have a wildcard) is to have a mini wildcard play offs/tournament to all the teams that missed out on a champions league place, i.e. Milan/Man U/Liverpool/Marseille/Hamburg, but also not limit it to the top 4 leagues, because that's unfair as those countries would already be getting 4 places! I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to have a separate qualification bracket for all previous champions league winners, who have are still in the top flight of course.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    As long as it insures Inter cl football I don't care about the rest
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

Controversial decision indeed but if anything I'm glad I won't be reading those "I hope Juve do well/win the CL for the sake of Serie A" posts.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Macau

57 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    If we get in via historical merit I'm personally going to be embarrassed about our participation.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_ View Post
    Then we'll just buy the federation and create our own rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I dont think juventus are willing to sell

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If we get in via historical merit I'm personally going to be embarrassed about our participation.
    I'll be sick to my stomach

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Sure, especially now that we still play like shit (might change with De Boer). Cannot wait for Schalke and Monaco to embarrass us again
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    Sure, especially now that we still play like shit (might change with De Boer). Cannot wait for Schalke and Monaco to embarrass us again
    You watched De Boer at Ajax enough to judge him so well,that you know what he gonna do here?!
    Even if you did,you can't really know how he will cope under our clubs circumstances, and being here a week or two not even a full preseason
    If he starts slow it ain't on him at all
    It's on the mgmt primarily and Manshitni as well
    And it's Inter, we can get embarrassed by Frosinone even if we are doing well(a thunder stroke from the blue)

27. Thanks (1): MVD