View Poll Results: Rate the player

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 - Will be one of the absolutely best players in the history of the game (think Meazza, Matheus)

1 1.69%
  • 9 - Will be one of the club legends, and become one of the best players in the world of their era

6 10.17%
  • 8 - A player of very good quality, who will add much to the team, one of the best nationalwise

22 37.29%
  • 7 - Good player, a valuble asset of a team, one of the 10-15 best on his position in the country

14 23.73%
  • 6 - Above average player, who will be usefull, but will never be a key player for a team

7 11.86%
  • 5 - Completely average player

2 3.39%
  • 4 - Below average, not a disaster, but would be better if we didn't sign him in the first place

3 5.08%
  • 3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

0 0%
  • 2 - Close to a useless player, who will add nothing to the team besides filling the CL quota

0 0%
  • 1 - Crap, shit, useless player, worst buisness ever, Mancini, Quaresma and Gresko combined

4 6.78%
Page 130 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2753

Thread: Gabriel 'Gabigol' Barbosa

Italy

As much as I would like to see Gabriel Barbosa redeeming himself in nerazzurro and standing at the peak of the Corcovado Mountain in a vintage non-shooped Pirelli advertising campaign*, it's utopia right now.

If only we had a futsal/beach soccer team, things would be much easier, but it is what it is.

Also, I was already looking forward to witness the MaraDiego Ribas da Cunha-Gabigol connection in Rio.
    Now I'm reading there's a chance Diego will leave: football can be unfair.

(*almost as much as Tronchetti Provera)

2. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    #4,R9,Principe

Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    It's so mature of him to choose Inter's sponsor and not Fifa.
    simply because He is the ambassador of PES

4. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    According to Brazilian media, it will be a one year loan, not 6 month loan. Inter aren't getting an option for any of Flamengo youngsters. The agreement between Inter and Flamengo also includes two clauses:

1) If Inter cut his loan short then Flamengo will pay only half of his salary.

2) If Inter sell Gabigol in June Flamengo will receive 5% of the transfer fee.
    We have gotten spectacularly fucked here.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

6. Thanks (3): dax21, Howl, MVD

Fav. Player
    Ibra_Deki_Mtrix

Romania

55 10 years of FIF
    This move tells a lot about his "love" for Santos

GdS: the pressing of Flamengo was decisive and constant for over a month, but at first, it was struggling to gain ground. Inter wanted to get about €20M from his sale and West Ham were also interested. The English inquired for the player but only on loan. And once understood that the only possible solution was another loan, Inter decided to please the player, perhaps putting themselves in an advantageous position for Lincoln, 18-year-old striker who is liked by many European clubs.

It seems that we DO have an option on Flamengo`s young players, but it`s kinda useless looking at the whole picture..
    NULLA É IMPOSSIBILE PER QUESTA SQUADRA! PAZZA INTER AMALA * FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

8. Thanks (1): Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

I'm especially perplexed by that 5% sell-on fee? Like, what the fuck? We're giving them Brasileiro's top-scorer on a free loan and at the end of the day we're the ones practically paying 5% of his value to Flamengo?!
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. It’s never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. It’s a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    — Massimo Moratti

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post
    I'm especially perplexed by that 5% sell-on fee? Like, what the fuck? We're giving them Brasileiro's top-scorer on a free loan and at the end of the day we're the ones practically paying 5% of his value to Flamengo?!
    Yeah. It's like they blackmailed Inter! They blackmailed the owner of the Brazilian top scorer, to give him to them on loan. And because they are going to pay his enormous salary, in return we needed to give them something. Absolutely mindblowing stuff.

Okay, that 5% sell-on fee is because that sale would be in the middle of the loan period. But still, absolutely ridiculous clause given that Inter owns this player completely.

Italy

well, at least flamengo will have an interest in increasing the player's value. so that 5% is not necessarily a bad thing. let's just hope barbosa plays another good season in brazil, at that point we will be able to fool an english club.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

13. Thanks (2): MVD, n4l

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeCordoba View Post
    Yeah. It's like they blackmailed Inter! They blackmailed the owner of the Brazilian top scorer, to give him to them on loan. And because they are going to pay his enormous salary, in return we needed to give them something. Absolutely mindblowing stuff.

Okay, that 5% sell-on fee is because that sale would be in the middle of the loan period. But still, absolutely ridiculous clause given that Inter owns this player completely.
    Just shows how badly we want to get rid of him and want to reduce his associated costs.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    After stewing on it, it ends up being a pretty favorable deal for us. We don't pay his wages and Flamengo has a pretty good incentive to play him, feature him, develop him etc, since they will get a sell on %.

The only better deal is an outright sale (at a favorable book value price), which isn't happening in the winter.

If flamengo do feature him well, it will increase his sale price and we will sell him. I mean, 5% of 30mil is only 1.5mil, which isn't a big deal to give Flamengo if they do the work to fetch a 30mil price.

If his sale price isn't good enough during the loan period, we can just decide to not sell him, while not paying his wages.

It'a much better than the loans to benefica and santos, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

16. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

13 10 years of FIF
    What if he's actually good when not played as a winger?
    david mcgoldrick

Serbia

Watch how in one year's time the 5% we pay are bigger than his one year's worth of salary.
    Few clubs love taking it in the pooper as much as Inter does, jesus christ.

19. Thanks (3): Materazzi_23, MVD, Universe

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    His book value would be around 14-15 in the summer- I actually hope that someone will buy him in June (EPL club like Wolves) so we get plusvalenza out of his miserable 35m transfer in 2016 and we can get 4-5 m profit out of nowhere.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Old name
    the dude

Aaland

All things considered (ffp, finances, his value, his potential etc), someone should’ve been fired in our scouting department.
    Guacamole

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    After stewing on it, it ends up being a pretty favorable deal for us. We don't pay his wages and Flamengo has a pretty good incentive to play him, feature him, develop him etc, since they will get a sell on %.

The only better deal is an outright sale (at a favorable book value price), which isn't happening in the winter.

If flamengo do feature him well, it will increase his sale price and we will sell him. I mean, 5% of 30mil is only 1.5mil, which isn't a big deal to give Flamengo if they do the work to fetch a 30mil price.

If his sale price isn't good enough during the loan period, we can just decide to not sell him, while not paying his wages.

It'a much better than the loans to benefica and santos, that's for sure.
    Yeah to put it like that, it isn't totally bad. We have pretty shitty cards regarding this matter so guess it's an acceptable outcome after all. Something like 20m€ in June and it's a deal immediately so hopefully he keeps scoring.

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Watch how in one year's time the 5% we pay are bigger than his one year's worth of salary.
    Few clubs love taking it in the pooper as much as Inter does, jesus christ.
    I mean, I know this can get emotional, but just simple math says his salary for the year is 6mil GROSS, which is what Flamengo will pay. For your scenario to be true, where the 5% is greater than his salary, then he'd have to sell for:

0.05 x "sale price" = 6 ---> sale price = 120M

Who thinks his value would rise to 120M? And lets say his value does rise to 120M, do you care if to sell him for 120M, we have to give Flamengo 6M? Furthermore, if Flamego is able to transform Gabigol from a "free" player to a 120M player, do you not think they deserve some type of compensation for being able to do that?

Like I said, it actually is a pretty good deal for us. Frankly, I'd have upped the sell on % to like 10% to give Flamengo even further incentive since in the absolute best case scenario, gabibol goes for 30-40mil in the summer, which means flamengo pay 3M salary (1/2 year) and get 1.5-2M back for their troubles. So in even the best case scenario, flamengo are actually paying for gabigol's loan and will not make a profit on the transaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

24. Thanks (1): dax21

Serbia

Appreciate the math and the effort on a lengthy post but my posts are not meant to be taken too seriously.

And I also had no idea that Gabinogol makes 6m gross, what the hell?

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane The Virgin View Post
    All things considered (ffp, finances, his value, his potential etc), someone should’ve been fired in our scouting department.
    Have we even been linked to a Kia client since?
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Alvaro "el

Indonesia

Joao mario is kia client and malcom deal been supervised by him which he failed badly to make up.
    ‘Whoever doesn’t love El Chino doesn’t love football!’

jonikemot ---------> chipschups
    Quote Originally Posted by francesco View Post
    Why criticize like he was the worst player in the team?
    either people are having a high standard for inter or they just racist

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane The Virgin View Post
    Thing is the guy responsible for the scouting department at that time offered his resignation over the deal and our coach resigned because of it.
    This is probably the only transfer where our scouts and transfer guys have no fault. It seemed like they all told suning to not sign that piece of trash but suning believed Kia more than their own people and went ahead any ways.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Gabigol's transfer surely provided heaps of dough to the pockets of some of Suning top executives... I am sure there was a generous kickback. Steven didn't know shit about football at the time so probably some top managerial guy from Suning Sports had established a mutually beneficial business connection with Kia.

Quote Originally Posted by chipschups View Post
    Joao mario is kia client and malcom deal been supervised by him which he failed badly to make up.
    Malcom to Barca looks like a typical Kia Joorabchian-supervised transfer masterpiece.

An expensive player who wasn't a choice of a coach playing in the line which already has established first team trio (Messi-Suarez-Coutinho plus Dembele) and who doesn't play at all (less than 100 minute of La Liga playing time in half a year). Like a slightly better twin brother of Gabigol. All for 40+mln transfer fee.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.