Thread: Inter v Southampton

Great Britain

Inter v Southampton

Firstly, I am a Saints fan. I live in Spain, and will not qualify for one of Saints 5,000 allocated tickets. Looking on your Inter site I could buy tickets for the Hapoel Beer Sheva game. I'm assuming I could do the same for the Saints game when they are available. Southampton are informing us, that British Fans will only be allowed into the allocated away area. They will be turned away from all other areas. I was hoping to buy a ticket in a neutral area as a trip to San Siro would probably be the best Saints are likely to achieve in my lifetime. I am sure there are many British Inter fans. Do you think you wont be allowed in? Should I wear an Inter shirt to get in and keep my mouth shut if Saints score!

Fav. Player
    FuckAllOfThem
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    When the Saints go marching in...

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

As a Saints fan you probably wouldn't be able to handle the Curva if that's where you're planning to disguise yourself, especially if things are going wrong for us lol.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Handanovic
    Old name
    QuantumOfSolace

Brazil

And I thought this was the thread for the actual match, was already thinking "but we haven't even played Pescara yet"...

5. Thanks (2): ADRossi, kameru

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftybarrel View Post
    Firstly, I am a Saints fan. I live in Spain, and will not qualify for one of Saints 5,000 allocated tickets. Looking on your Inter site I could buy tickets for the Hapoel Beer Sheva game. I'm assuming I could do the same for the Saints game when they are available. Southampton are informing us, that British Fans will only be allowed into the allocated away area. They will be turned away from all other areas. I was hoping to buy a ticket in a neutral area as a trip to San Siro would probably be the best Saints are likely to achieve in my lifetime. I am sure there are many British Inter fans. Do you think you wont be allowed in? Should I wear an Inter shirt to get in and keep my mouth shut if Saints score!
    Hey mate, no worries. Just buy a ticket as any Inter fan would. You probably don't need to buy in advance, getting tickets should not be a problem for this game - its very unlikely to be sold out. Just avoid the curva i.e. the north stand behind the goal. Personally, I prefer to buy tickets for seats which are near the half way line anyways, the best view IMO.

If you are going on your own, its better not to wear the Saints shirt. There should be no problems of allowing you inside the stadium etc - the stadium security is cannot control all that from my experience. You don't need to wear an Inter shirt, but if it makes you feel safer, just wrap around an Inter scarf. I have watched an Inter home derby with friends who are Milan fans wearing Milan scarfs in the home section, and we had no trouble. Just be respectful - don't rub an away goal in peoples faces, etc. English fans who get into trouble in away games in Europe are generally ones who lack respect, get drunk and go around insulting locals. That is avoidable in any city, even in England.

You will have a great time. I am going to the reverse fixture at St Mary's - one of my favourite stadiums in England. This should be fun

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I am going to the reverse fixture at St Mary's - one of my favourite stadiums in England. This should be fun
    I'm thinking about that as well. What are you going to do about tickets?

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I'm thinking about that as well. What are you going to do about tickets?
    Wouldn't San Siro be closer to you from Malta?

I am still trying to figure out the tickets. This one won't be easy because all saints fans will want one. You got any idea?

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    I live in London. I don't know, really. Their website is a mess. I don't think buying them at the stadium will work.

Great Britain

Hi Bluenine, many thanks for your reply. I was thinking of the middle of the Blue section, beneath the away fans or as you say near the halfway line. The following is the information Southampton are giving out. I cant honestly see UK supporters who have a ticket, either Saints or Inter being turned away. My problem is I wont qualify for one of the 5,000 tickets for away fans and yes I'll avoid the Curva.
    Below is Southamptons advice. Many thanks, hope we have a great game and many memories.

- 5,000 tickets is the full and final allocation the club will receive for this fixture, with no more tickets to be made available at a later date.
    - The hosts have also confirmed that a ‘neutral section’ does not exist at the San Siro.
    - Inter have also confirmed that tickets purchased by British fans that are not for the designated away section will not be allowed entrance to the stadium on the night.
    - We would urge supporters not to purchase any tickets for the match from anywhere other than Southampton Football Club’s Ticket Office.
    - Supporters are also reminded that their ticket will correspond with their passport details, which they will need to submit when purchasing.

Fav. Player
    Godcini

United States

It really is a sad world when people can't even wear the opposing teams jersey without feeling like they are in danger. Unfortunately that's the reality of the situation in this day and age. As stated just buy a ticket like any inter fan would. Most likely you shouldn't encounter any problems.

Great Britain

Hi BasedGodPunk, Its not that I will feel in Danger, its being refused entry. The advice from Southampton is."Inter have also confirmed that tickets purchased by British fans that are not for the designated away section will not be allowed entrance to the stadium on the night." Guess Saints dont want "rogue" fans travelling and giving them a bad name. There must be a lot of local British Inter fans that go to home games, so I cant see being British is a reason to be turned away. Its one of my highlights for Saints to be playing in the San Siro, so I want to be there to enjoy the atmosphere, see the San Siro and a good game.

- - - Updated - - -

As I wont qualify for one of the 5,000 away tickets, I mailed Inter to see if I could buy away/neutral tickets direct from them, and got the following reply. Guess I will have to appear to be a neutral just going to see a game, and hopefully wont be turned away for being British.

Dear Southampton fan,
    Please be informed that for the Inter vs Southampton game any Southampton fan can only access the away fans’ area which is the third tier blue.
    All away fans’ area tickets will be sent to Southampton F.C. so please contact the Club in order to get information about the purchase. The price is 22 Euro.
    Thanks Kind regards Servizio Clienti FC Internazionale
    +39 02 487776101

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    If you are not in the Curva Nord, then you're most likely safe. Even during the Milan Derbies when Inter was host, the few Milanisti who were surrounded by many Interisti were not harmed.

Can't say the same if you're seated/standing among the Ultras though.

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    All I know is Inter is in no position to be turning down money. Anyone who wants to pay to be in that stadium needs to be there.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member
    Hi Bluenine, many thanks for your reply. I was thinking of the middle of the Blue section, beneath the away fans or as you say near the halfway line. The following is the information Southampton are giving out. I cant honestly see UK supporters who have a ticket, either Saints or Inter being turned away. My problem is I wont qualify for one of the 5,000 tickets for away fans and yes I'll avoid the Curva.
    Below is Southamptons advice. Many thanks, hope we have a great game and many memories.

- 5,000 tickets is the full and final allocation the club will receive for this fixture, with no more tickets to be made available at a later date.
    - The hosts have also confirmed that a ‘neutral section’ does not exist at the San Siro.
    - Inter have also confirmed that tickets purchased by British fans that are not for the designated away section will not be allowed entrance to the stadium on the night.
    - We would urge supporters not to purchase any tickets for the match from anywhere other than Southampton Football Club’s Ticket Office.
    - Supporters are also reminded that their ticket will correspond with their passport details, which they will need to submit when purchasing.
    They are just being extra cautious officially, because of the recent history of English fans in Europe. The sad reality is that there may be local thugs targeting Southampton fans just because of this English reputation in Europe.

Just to ensure that you are not stopped from entering, just wear an Inter scarf. Cheap knockoffs are available all over the city for €5-€10. If they ask at the gate, say you are an English Inter fan. I don't think they will even ask you - from what I have seen at Italian Stadiums, specially the San Siro, the staff have no time to implement anything like this kind of control. They only check tickets. The scarf should also ensure your safety just in case you happen by a local thug looking for trouble.

IMO there is no danger in the stadium. The danger is when English fans start drinking together around the city and mob mentality takes over and they start insulting the locals. Thats who the thugs will be targeting. Thats an advise for any away game in Europe for an English fan, not just in Italy. Milan is probably one of the safest cities from this point of view - it gets rougher as you travel south in Italy.

Just another piece of advise - if you are in lower 2 tiers, take the seats which are at the back i.e. ones covered by the roof of the above tier. There are frequent incidents of people from the above tiers throwing liquid (water/drinks/piss) on the people below.

Have fun!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I live in London. I don't know, really. Their website is a mess. I don't think buying them at the stadium will work.
    I have found some tickets online at a premium (60-80)... if you are interested, lemme know.

16. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

Just another piece of advise - if you are in lower 2 tiers, take the seats which are at the back i.e. ones covered by the roof of the above tier. There are frequent incidents of people from the above tiers throwing liquid (water/drinks/piss) on the people below.
    They close the second and third ring except curva nord and third blue for away fans for EL group stages matches.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    I have found some tickets online at a premium (60-80)... if you are interested, lemme know.
    That's a bit steep, considering I'm buying 2 tickets (gf wants to come). I'll keep on checking but thanks!

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I'm from Malta and always manage to buy tickets, you can also go in wearing the opponent's kit just don't be an asshole. I had Roma and Napoli fans in the area where I was sitting when we played them, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, it's an Europa League game so frankly no one gives a fuck and the stadium will be empty.

vivaticket.it is a good website for it.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI