Thread: Milan Derby Advice

United States

Milan Derby Advice

Hey guys. This is my first post on here, so I wanted to first say hello to my fellow Interista and I hope you find this message well!

I'll be in Europe in mid-November for work, but am planning to take some time off to go to Milan and attend the Milan Derby. The last time I went to Milan, I missed out on a game (Coppa Italia changed the date of the match I was going to attend!). I am keen to experience an Inter game, so I needed some help and advice as this would be my first game at the San Siro.

Because it's technically hosted by AC Milan, would I purchase tickets on their website? Are tickets to the derby pretty hard to get? Ideally, I'd like to sit with Inter fans (even though I barely know any Italian - I can still be fun!) and would expect the San Siro to be split 50/50... right? Any suggestions on recommended sections or where to purchase tickets would be appreciated.

What is also the atmosphere like on game day? Would love to wear my scarf around the city and game day - just trying not to get into trouble or look out of place! I saw the other thread on what to do before or after the game, but let me know if there are any other suggestions you have.

Thanks guys - trying to go Milan every year to watch our guys play, so I'm very excited and would appreciate your help!

2. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, TheNetworkZ

Fav. Player
    The Bro

Italy

Welcome dude.

Our club will be given a certain amount of tickets to sell for the game. Tickets will probably go on sale soon as the date is getting pretty close, but someone who has a Tifoso card might have first dibs. Regardless you can definitely buy tickets from the club. If worst comes to worst you can probably buy tickets at the San Siro, as the derby doesn't really sell out anymore...

You'll be fine wearing your Inter gear around the city too, I wouldn't really worry.
    "Moggi was just a grape in a vineyard of bullshit"

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Unless they changed it the stadium will not be split 50/50, with milan beeing the home team they ll get way more seats. So it might be hard for you to get tickets for the inter sector.

Regarding the inter gear you ll be safe wearing that around the city i probably would not wear it to the stadium if your in a milan sector that is ofcourse unless your sitting on the fancy seats.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they changed it the stadium will not be split 50/50, with milan beeing the home team they ll get way more seats. So it might be hard for you to get tickets for the inter sector.

Regarding the inter gear you ll be safe wearing that around the city i probably would not wear it to the stadium if your in a milan sector that is ofcourse unless your sitting on the fancy seats. it s not like they will phisically harm you in the other sectors but you ll have to listen to alot of shit.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Emma Watson

Tokelau

The inter sector will be hard to get because it will only be the curva nord and sold only to season tickets holder. However, the orange and red sectors are neutral sides. If AC is the home team, the majority fans will be AC fans but you will still see a lot of Inter fans around.

About wearing inter gear, it should be fine as long as you don't provoke the home fans. I have been to Inter - Juve and Inter - Milan derby. For both games I sat beside juve fan and milan fan wearing their gears.

For the tickets, in the last 3 seasons it hasn't been hard to purchase derby tickets. They were not sold out and had like thousands tickets left when I watched both Juve and Milan game. However, this is really influenced by how inter performs in the games before the derby.

However, as it's AC Milan home game, I doubt you will see many Inter fans will be around the city.

I usually spend my time in the interstore before the game. Although, that means few hundreds will quickly go down the drain.
    FC INTERNAZIONALE

I thought football in Italy had changed, but it seems that a zebra never changes its stripes.
    FAK GOBBY