Thread: UEFA as an organization

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member

UEFA as an organization

Maybe you know maybe you don't but this days a decision on a new UEFA president is being made...

It's Aleksander Ceferin(Slo) vs Van Praag(Holland) for the hot seat, ofc the Dutch candidate has only support of his own country,Belgium and the UK.And now Iceland
    On the other hand Ceferin has support of 31 countries now out of 55...with Italy,Portugal,Germany,Russia and many more supporting the Slovenian criminal defense attorney who is Slovenian FA president for some time now...

The Slovenian doesn't agree with the procedure that transpired when the new CL rules have been decided(4 TOP countries get 4 spots in CL)He claims it was done with the lack of transparency and it happened behind the scenes and he doesn't approve of such approaches...

If no surprises happen tomorrow in Athens(UEFA meet that even disgraced Platini is allowed to attend) he will be proclaimed the new UEFA president...

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/uefa/258/...sander-ceferin

United States

And indeed he had a landslide victory. As confirmed by himself, Deki will join Ceferin's staff.
    http://www.fcinter1908.it/ultimora/s...esidente-uefa/

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

Very competent man who won't allow any corruption in the football wordl,which could be ironic as he built his career on defending scumbag managers and politicians in Slovenia(they can pay good)
    However I remain sceptical on how much he knows about football itself as he keept our NT coach longer than necessary(most football fans hate our NT coach now)and Ceferin still had his back.
    Also he will protect the small clubs against the big club empires
    The Holland candidate was more pro bug clubs tbh
    Most however wanted a new face in UEFA leadership and Italy(Tavecchio) and Russia federations were the most pleased with Ceferin

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    defending scumbag managers and politicians in Slovenia(they can pay good)
    Classic UEFA
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

Ceferin saying he was/is a Ronaldo(the real one) fan boy and he looks to bring FFP to all the EU leagues not just EU/UEFA competitions

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

Čeferin says that they are gonna vote in UEFA to close the mercato before the football seasons start...they need 14 votes to confirm this development...so only July will be available for transfers or what?!

Good thing is that our fucken club will get shit done quicker,that is however the illusion as...the reality and the bad side is that...oh god why...we will manage to close even less deals if it happens

10. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Criscito

Netherlands

They should open it in June and close it August 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    They should open it in June and close it August 1st.
    that's actually a great fucking idea...run it with UEFA man...for real

13. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

imho they could even open it later.a month should be enough. but the most important thing would be to close it by end of july, first days of august at the latest.

even the winter mercato should undergo some kind of changes, too long and players can go from one team to another of the same league at any moment in january. winter transfer session should last a week.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

15. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

Am I the only one just now hearing about this UEFA Nations cup thing. What's everyone's opinion of it?

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    I've heard of it but I have no idea what it is. Something like a pre-qualification thing?
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF
    It's a stand alone tournament, like a mini league.

21. Thanks (2): MVD, Ronin

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Scotland

The UEFA countries will be sorted into tiers based on the FIFA rankings, these tiers will then have 4 groups within them with the top teams in each group going into a best of 4 tournament where the winner gets qualification to the Euros or in other times the WC. This tournament will happen every odd year. The rest of the teams go through qualification in the usual manner. Its to get rid of pointless friendlies and get more big country matchups to make more money

23. Thanks (3): ADRossi, MVD, Ronin

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Makes sense.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    UEFA President speaks on Financial Fair Play ‘It needs to be changed, modernized...too many loans’

Interviewed by German television Ard, UEFA chairman Aleksander Ceferin shares his thoughts concerning Financial Fair Play and the possible changes that will have to be put in place in the coming years. "Financial fair play has been introduced to give stability to the football system, but the times are changing and we have to adapt it, modernize it. We have to do something to balance sporting competition, because the gap between big and small clubs is getting higher."

LIMITING LOAN DEALS - "It's a crucial time, with many ideas, for example, a tighter limitation on player ownership and player loans. Some clubs have too many, often younger player, and then maybe they buy a 30-year-old to weaken other clubs."

The content of the interview undoubtedly was directed towards the mega million dollar deals for Neymar and Mbappe, concluded in the same summer transfer window. Nothing shows the separation between the ultra rich and the rest better than the unbelievable figures connected to the two incoming players to the Paris club. In order to prevent situations like this in the future, some Financial Fair Play regulations need to be modernized.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    So he thinks the gap between big and small clubs is getting higher but at the same time suggesting that loan deals get limited?

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

29. Thanks (2): firmino, MVD

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    So he thinks the gap between big and small clubs is getting higher but at the same time suggesting that loan deals get limited?

Well the thought is if Chelsea for example can't own and loan 100 players than those players will actually be sold to smaller clubs. Then those smaller clubs can actually develop the talent and also have an asset to sell when the player becomes good enough.

31. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

i think salary cap would be more effective. just set a limit and once you reach that, you can't sign anyone else.

Fav. Player
    Milito

Somalia

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    i think salary cap would be more effective. just set a limit and once you reach that, you can't sign anyone else.
    But that allow the owners to keep the cash and pay players peanuts like in American sports. I suggest we put in a budget limit like each team only to spend 200m in a window. If you spend it all in one player, tough luck you aren't allow to go over budget or it's a season ban from competing in the Champions League.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiego22 View Post
    But that allow the owners to keep the cash and pay players peanuts like in American sports. I suggest we put in a budget limit like each team only to spend 200m in a window. If you spend it all in one player, tough luck you aren't allow to go over budget or it's a season ban from competing in the Champions League.
    we saw just a few days ago how psg found a workaround to that.

is it important how owners spend and how much players earn? besides, you can still set quite a high limit.