Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Adriano, its not time to panic. Its time to invest more
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I knew some brokers with that mindset. They ended up in prison.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I knew some brokers with that mindset. They ended up in prison.
    I also knew some with that mindset but they ended up rich.
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I also knew some with that mindset but they ended up rich.
    There's a difference with buying on the low and buying on a crash.
    I'm not even arguing against Canopy as I sort of like that stock, but I prefer going for something solid instead of going for some hype stock that crashed.

If rich is what you want (not sure on your definition) then you got to take risks of course.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Well it s never time to panic on the markets thats when zou loose the most money.
    Also i m gonna stay on the sidelines (70% cash) till we either get some real good news or till we see the tariffs and brexit enforced.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    If rich is what you want (not sure on your definition) then you got to take risks of course.
    Enough said.

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I find always that the sole way you can make money is if you know what you are investing in. If you knoe fuck all about it, it'll never work long term
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

11. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I find always that the sole way you can make money is if you know what you are investing in. If you knoe fuck all about it, it'll never work long term
    Or just buy when low or look at charts

Look at the last 5 years

UTX goes from 120-135

Buy at 120 sell at 135. It’s pretty common. Make 15 a share short term. If it doesn’t they give you big dividend. 12.5% is not a bad quick gain. Have made a ton doing that.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

13. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Or just buy when low or look at charts

Look at the last 5 years

UTX goes from 120-135

Buy at 120 sell at 135. It’s pretty common. Make 15 a share short term. If it doesn’t they give you big dividend. 12.5% is not a bad quick gain. Have made a ton doing that.
    Those pattern do break though!! And you might get caught out. Also imho chart analysis is only useful to determine when to get into a stock as in if you already determined that the company is a strong one and that you want to invest.

I 100% agree with Pimpin if you dont understand the companies business model and where it s heading you just cannot make good long term investments.

Anyways am i the only one who finds it hilarious how money is flowing back to the us market after good retail sales numbers and a strong quarter from Walmart?

It s as if these people are idiots everybody and their mothers know that retail sales are a lagging indicator even more so if it s a cheap store like walmart.
    Also it s like nobody bothered to check walmarts numbers in 2008 they were still posting strong numbers in Q2 2008 with revenue up 10% yoy and that was when shit already hit the fan.

On top of that fuck larry kudlow motherfucker going in front of cameras and saying there is no recession on the horizon acting like he knows and also relying on retail sales to make his prediction. In case you guys dont know this guy did the exact same thing in 2007 just before the crisis broke.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

to prove the point of investing in only what you understand, I bought stocks that were "low" that oculdnt get lower, but they fucking did, ge, deutsche bank and a few others, I did not understand shit about either.

the stocks that did the best were what I actually used and I saw, that those firms are well run. Always in conjunction with a well informed status quo of the firm, their whole positioning.

I got 150% return on Greggs and Chipotle, hardly anything "high upside" from analysts. Greggs had downturn sales because of beast of east, albeit I got lucky with the healthy food stuff, but you could tell from getting in store, tehre are queues that were served fast, and that's very important. Chipotle was basically a set up, though I may have gotten lucky in that there was no food crises there.

The one I wanted to invest who I feel is very very good run and is well positioned (China especially) was/is Starbucks. I think I like food and I can tell which firm can do well.

Similar stories are with few other stocks, but you guys get the point
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

16. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    GE has fkd everyone!

Yea I invested in GE and Spanish and English banks. Man.... some haven’t moved in 5-8 years at all or are losses. But people say to diversify your portfolio. It’s really one of the places that has fkd me the most.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I mean, deutsche bank makes sense, EUs biggest country economy, needs a big bank, yet its been completely underwhelming (to say the least). European banking sector has been in general dog shit.

But to your point crzd, I know buy the dip is a genuine and a good strategy, but if you don't understand why the dip happened, and why it will go up, just going contrarian doesn't seem wise. I mean you remember how much you liked mattel? hahah
    On Brozovic:

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    haha didn't buy any tho I have a ton of things on my watch list that didn't touch

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    to prove the point of investing in only what you understand, I bought stocks that were "low" that oculdnt get lower, but they fucking did, ge, deutsche bank and a few others, I did not understand shit about either.

the stocks that did the best were what I actually used and I saw, that those firms are well run. Always in conjunction with a well informed status quo of the firm, their whole positioning.

I got 150% return on Greggs and Chipotle, hardly anything "high upside" from analysts. Greggs had downturn sales because of beast of east, albeit I got lucky with the healthy food stuff, but you could tell from getting in store, tehre are queues that were served fast, and that's very important. Chipotle was basically a set up, though I may have gotten lucky in that there was no food crises there.

The one I wanted to invest who I feel is very very good run and is well positioned (China especially) was/is Starbucks. I think I like food and I can tell which firm can do well.

Similar stories are with few other stocks, but you guys get the point
    So what do you recommend right now while the market is down?

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    Wasn't directed at me, but I'm about to scoop up some Workiva (WK) stock. They just crashed a week ago and are a good value play imo.

23. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Wasn't directed at me, but I'm about to scoop up some Workiva (WK) stock. They just crashed a week ago and are a good value play imo.
    May i ask whats your rational? They still seem pretty expensive and it does not look like they ll turn a profit anytime soon. Now i m in no position to rate their products but for a cloud company they look quite expensive and they d need to grow a lot in order to justify current valuation. Then again the whole cloud space needs to grow a lot to justify valuation.
    I personally would keep my hands off of loss making companies with low CF s at the moment, but that is mainly based on me thinking there s gonna be a recession/downturn soon and i d rather not have these stocks in my portfolio when shit hit s the fan.

On GE i guess they fucked us all i literally dont know a single investor who did not think it was a good short term investment and who is now sitting on a loss or made a big loss with it. Also deutsche just cant shake them scandals off ever since the shit with akermann broke it s been at least one scandal per year. And the fact that the saudis and alot of emiratis wont do business with them any more because the qatari sheik family owns 6/7% of DB does not help.Anyways imho one of the worst managed big banks in the last 10/12 years.

Then again if you look to the US the banking sector seems to be very fair priced seeing both Wells fargo and Bank of america trading at PE s of around 9. I d also like to add that i like the canadian banks a lot especially TD who also has a big US exposure but is a safer bet due to tighter canadian capital rules.

On another note Game stop trades below it s cash at hand value and Michael Burry who owns 3% of Gamestop through his scion asset management is urging the company to engage in a stock buy back at current prices. As of yesterdays close Gamestop had a market cap of +/- 300 mio and they have 420 mio cash at hand.

Also i dont think the Fiat renault merger is completely of the books yet and some murmurs are back, il sole 24 ore claims that talks are back on. Getting a stake in FIAT before things get serious would probably turn a nice profit.

edit: On another note target with another beat of estimates is up 12% pre market and i guess this will spill over to the generall US markets as we already saw a similar effect when Walmart beat expectations.
    I still think it s ridiculose to take retailers sales as a early indicator for a contracting economy but i guess if the fed hints at further rate cuts we could very well be in for another rally.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 21 Aug 19 at 11:48.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    if this is the market being "down", id be very surprised. I am just holding off for now and I wouldn't buy in many things. From the top of my head, Renault.

Fiat has more risk, as they are not well positioned for the future, whereas Renault is underpriced due to management/alliance infighting, but still they own 42% of Nissan which is alot of its whole market cap at current prices. Basically, if you sold the 42% stake in nissan, renault would be trading at abysmaly low P/E even now its like 4/5.

Worth mentioning however, in a down turn/recession, auto sector gets fucked, like the first thing to get rationed if there is a decrease in pay, is a new car :p.

also i dont know if i should say that these are just my thoughts and by no means do i make you invest in these things, just in case yall go broke and come after me
    On Brozovic:

26. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Just go Canopy now before you regret it.

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Target up 20% today

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Which app do u guys use to buy and sell?
    Ziyad Of Boston