Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 274

Thread: Stocks

  1. #241
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanked
    1,506 times
    Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Anybody following Africa Oil?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    LOLOLOL I have lost every ounce of respect I ever had for Barcelona. The biggest fuckin sore losers I have ever seen.

    I would be embarrassed to call myself a Barca supporter. They lose a match and the entire country digs in archives for some kind of explanation, because it is impossible for them to lose.

    I do not even know why the mods allow you stay here. Posting this garbage on here is an insult to my team because you are saying that we must cheat in order to win. I really hope the mods do something with you, because I do not need to come to an Inter forum to see my club's great name be trashed with your garbage.

    I now hate Barcelona as much as Juve and Milan...

    You and your club make me sick.

  2. #242
    Handoyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    04 Mar 04
    Posts
    24,683
    Thanked
    5,714 times

    Indonesia

    32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Fiat cash gets robbed everyday, even in supposedly safe places like banks

    It's common sense to put your coins in an offline wallet anyway and not leave them on online services or exchanges. Nicehash is just a mining pool anyway.
    Yes, this is what everyone should do
    Go to trezor.io to buy such wallet

  3. #243
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Sep 14
    Posts
    12,591
    Thanked
    18,004 times

    Albania

    74 Most Diverse Poster
    $14,627.34 now. Climbing at a pace not many people have expected. Seems like the Nicehash hack didn't affect anything at all.

    PS: Should we have a separate thread for cryptocurrencies? Feel like we're going off topic a bit with them in the stocks thread.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.


  4. #244
    K.I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    6,357
    Thanked
    283 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I think it should all be in one thread, maybe name the thread "Investments'

  5. #245
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,517
    Thanked
    572 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    I think it should all be in one thread, maybe name the thread "Investments'
    If you go that direction, it should be called "Investments & Gambling".


  6. #246
    K.I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    6,357
    Thanked
    283 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Well gambling & betting are a different thing than Investing, they have similar traits but they are not the same. You can have another thread for Gambling & Betting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Anybody following Africa Oil?
    I was never interested in Oil investments but what about it?

  7. #247
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,517
    Thanked
    572 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    I'm just saying that Bitcoin & co = gambling
    It's like 'Binary Options'. They have a fancy name and are semi-regulated now (used to be fully) to disguise the fact that it's a 50-50 coin toss based on live situations and the stock market.

  8. Thanks (1): Pimpin

  9. #248
    K.I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    6,357
    Thanked
    283 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    haha i kinda got it

  10. #249
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Fiat cash gets robbed everyday, even in supposedly safe places like banks

    It's common sense to put your coins in an offline wallet anyway and not leave them on online services or exchanges. Nicehash is just a mining pool anyway.
    Flat cash in the US is protected up to $250,000 at banks in the US. You have over 250k. Just open a 2nd account.

    As for $10k not being enough I have 300k in my brokerage account. I started investing $500 or $1000 at a time when I was 20. 7 years ago. Got insanely lucky with Apple, Netflix, Disney, Amazon, Sony, Walmart, Home Depot, Boeing and a few others that multiples 5-10x what they originally were.

    So to say 10k isn’t enough is silly. If I started with 10k I’d be a millionaire right now.

    Tho being 100% honest I started investing in 2009 when the market was totally shit and everyone was scared about the market. Right now the market to me at least is crazy over priced. A lot of companies values tanked because of random bhllshit like credit card issues with Target and Home Depot. Apple had the best 3 months of any company in the history of time but for some reason their stock crashed. Again looked at their books and fundamentals and I doubled down on them.

    When you have a great company when their stock gets hammered it’s time to buy more
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

  11. #250
    brehme1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 Jan 05
    Posts
    8,517
    Thanked
    572 times

    Greece

    10 years of FIF
    Can't argue against our Colombian friend here. I feel that stocks is the easiest way to get into the markets. The crypto frenzy is for people who just want a quick buck. Some dive into it and become sort of hipsters that know what crypto is and the various things surrounding it but know shit about finance, which is weird if you want to make this thing pass as a financial alternative. And everyone in this industry knows that if you wanna make a quick buck, you'll lose rather soon.

    For beginners who wish to make some investments and test the waters, buy stocks. Not randomly. You need to know the companies, know the sector, know their limits, their products and be able to understand financial statements. The only real knowledge required here is reading accounts which one can do at elementary school if taught. Knowledge of the public company is sort of inherent.

    For people who like what we call 'day trading' and are beginners, the best option is to trade with Indices (NASDAQ, DAX, CAC, FTSE, S&P, DOW Jones etc) where it's simply a collection of important stocks. Of course you need to understand the weights of each index and understand how various real life situations affect their movement. Sometimes it's insane. This is also rather risky as without margin it's a waste of time, so a bad speculation will mean you need to pour more money into the fire that's burning your current funds.
    For people who prefer specialisation, you could try commodities such as Oil and Gold which are correlated with the strength of the US Dollar.

    Rookies should not touch currencies/forex.
    ETFs are also something that intermediate level traders could look at. Mutual funds are a bit more straight forward I suppose.

    And then we have the irrational answer to "I hate the financial system so I'm gonna start calling some intangible digital thing valuable", aka cryptocurrencies. Stay away if you want to enter the financial markets. At this price, it's merely a toy for the ultra-rich to throw several millions around. It could go back to $500 in 5 days or it could reach $50,000. It's unstable, it's irrational, it has no regulatory framework around it and it's more of a gamble than saying Apple or NASDAQ will be higher or lower than current price after x minutes, days, weeks (i.e binary options). I'm pretty sure they're gonna start printing shirts some time soon with "I used to trade Bitcoin".

  12. Thanks (3): crzdcolombian, Pimpin, thatdude

  13. #251
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanked
    1,506 times
    Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post


    I was never interested in Oil investments but what about it?
    I'm thinking of buying some and was just wondering if anybody here is following them. Shit has been freefalling for a time now
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    LOLOLOL I have lost every ounce of respect I ever had for Barcelona. The biggest fuckin sore losers I have ever seen.

    I would be embarrassed to call myself a Barca supporter. They lose a match and the entire country digs in archives for some kind of explanation, because it is impossible for them to lose.

    I do not even know why the mods allow you stay here. Posting this garbage on here is an insult to my team because you are saying that we must cheat in order to win. I really hope the mods do something with you, because I do not need to come to an Inter forum to see my club's great name be trashed with your garbage.

    I now hate Barcelona as much as Juve and Milan...

    You and your club make me sick.

  14. #252
    K.I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    6,357
    Thanked
    283 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yah it looks like its at its lowest in the last 5 years.

  15. #253
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    I'm thinking of buying some and was just wondering if anybody here is following them. Shit has been freefalling for a time now
    I lost a shit ton on oil stocks when they yanked. Oil went from over $100 to 45. Started buying a ton of their stocks. The price of oil gone up but the stocks have gone down. Think it’s a real long term play. Like they will go up and oil is a limited resource. And one where we can’t just replace easily.

    Fine we have electric cars and maybe soon we can get ones that do 1,000 miles per charge or something crazy that makes gasoline useless but how long will it take for the infustructure to be built for electric cars? Who can afford electric cars? I know a ton of old work buddies that own Teslas. But it’s very few and far between where you see a Tesla charger. Sometimes you see 2-3 at a super fancy mall.

    At the end of the day a new car technology will only be for the rich. For everyone to replace their cars with electric or ones that run on pee/garbage it will take 20-30 years.
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

  16. #254
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,130
    Thanked
    13,677 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I lost a shit ton on oil stocks when they yanked. Oil went from over $100 to 45. Started buying a ton of their stocks. The price of oil gone up but the stocks have gone down. Think it’s a real long term play. Like they will go up and oil is a limited resource. And one where we can’t just replace easily.

    Fine we have electric cars and maybe soon we can get ones that do 1,000 miles per charge or something crazy that makes gasoline useless but how long will it take for the infustructure to be built for electric cars? Who can afford electric cars? I know a ton of old work buddies that own Teslas. But it’s very few and far between where you see a Tesla charger. Sometimes you see 2-3 at a super fancy mall.

    At the end of the day a new car technology will only be for the rich. For everyone to replace their cars with electric or ones that run on pee/garbage it will take 20-30 years.
    Its true that oil is limited, but if you check the reserves, the world can use oil for at least another 50 years. The reason behind the price hike and why production is not going up is due to OPEC.

    Commodities go in these cycles of glut and shortages. Did a project on BHP.

    btw, anything US shale is a good buy rn
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  17. #255
    Candreva Crosses's Avatar
    Join Date
    05 Feb 16
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanked
    1,506 times
    Fav. Player
    Italian Beckham
    Old name
    EEeyOO

    Europe

    87
    I was thinking of putting down 1.5k on it but I'm still wondering if its worth it. I'm a student and need to think two or three times about it before I go "spending spree"
    Quote Originally Posted by vitomins View Post
    LOLOLOL I have lost every ounce of respect I ever had for Barcelona. The biggest fuckin sore losers I have ever seen.

    I would be embarrassed to call myself a Barca supporter. They lose a match and the entire country digs in archives for some kind of explanation, because it is impossible for them to lose.

    I do not even know why the mods allow you stay here. Posting this garbage on here is an insult to my team because you are saying that we must cheat in order to win. I really hope the mods do something with you, because I do not need to come to an Inter forum to see my club's great name be trashed with your garbage.

    I now hate Barcelona as much as Juve and Milan...

    You and your club make me sick.

  18. #256

    Join Date
    07 May 11
    Posts
    613
    Thanked
    1,147 times
    Fav. Player
    Vitor Baa

    Portugal

    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I lost a shit ton on oil stocks when they yanked. Oil went from over $100 to 45. Started buying a ton of their stocks. The price of oil gone up but the stocks have gone down. Think its a real long term play. Like they will go up and oil is a limited resource. And one where we cant just replace easily.
    I also bought a mutual fund in Jan 2015 to try to benefit from that while avoiding investing in 1 or 2 specific companies.
    With not so great results, close to 8% loss so far, at this point, close to 3 years in, I was expecting to be gaining money but Im still confident that itll be profitable in the future.

  19. #257
    I'm better than Icardi Pimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 Jul 11
    Posts
    14,130
    Thanked
    13,677 times
    Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

    Albania

    59
    bitcoin is at 17.5k right now

    wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

  20. Thanks (1): thatdude

  21. #258
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    24 Sep 14
    Posts
    12,591
    Thanked
    18,004 times

    Albania

    74 Most Diverse Poster
    I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches 30k by January if it doesn't crash

    Though at this pace it can reach it in December '

    EDIT: Reading online, seems like there are concerns about price manipulations.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

  22. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, K.I.

  23. #259
    crzdcolombian's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Aug 07
    Posts
    8,567
    Thanked
    3,202 times
    Fav. Player
    Murillo

    Colombia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches 30k by January if it doesn't crash

    Though at this pace it can reach it in December '

    EDIT: Reading online, seems like there are concerns about price manipulations.

    No shit!!!!

    Unless a company finds a way to make a pill that is basically Captain America super soilders serum where you become super muscular without working out, taller, cures all deceases and makes your dick bigger. Your value shouldn’t triple like that for no reason
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!


  24. #260
    K.I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jul 04
    Posts
    6,357
    Thanked
    283 times
    Old name
    Khaled

    Vatican

    Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Its really hard to pinpoint any of these concerns, if people all over the world are buying it because of the hype, it will continue rising at these insane percentages. Like i am reading that people are actually selling their / most of their assets and dumping it into this.

  25. Thanks (2): Candreva Crosses, Ronin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •