17 Forum Supporter
    Great question

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

that's why people say its a winner takes all in self driving. If we assume we reach the point of internet of things, the cars between themselves will be always interlinked rendering the possibility of crashes impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

4. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    that's why people say its a winner takes all in self driving. If we assume we reach the point of internet of things, the cars between themselves will be always interlinked rendering the possibility of crashes impossible.
    Unless they get hacked
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Unless they get hacked
    What are your favorite ETFs?

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    The fuck is going on? Yesterday everybody acted like the fucking world will end due to the corona virus the yield curve inverted again yesterday and today people are throwing their money into the markets again like nothing ever happened? Even though the situation did not get any better from yesterday to today. The longer this shit goes on the more i m convinced that we re close to the burst of the bubble. Also with many investors now pricing in that the fed will lower rates again i m very fear full cause this just cant be good any sane person can tell you that prices/valuations are sky high and the economy is running hot especially in the US that just simply is not an environnement in which you lower your rates especially not if they are already at historical highs. All that is done through that is it makes the bubble and the downfall even greater or the alternative would be that we wont see any returns on Equities or lets say minimal return on equities going forward or a complete distortion of the risk profile of assets.
    Anyways i have not been as confused about the stock market as i am now in my last 16 plus years of investing and that includes 07/08.

Adrossi on the ETF s please read this before you move into etfs: https://361capital.com/financial-adv..._campaign=blog

https://howardlindzon.com/active-vs-passive-investing/

first one is an in depth analysis second one is a summary of the analysis for less knowledgeable investors.
    Imho he makes a couple of very good points.

On another note apple reports today and a beat is expected a miss could have a terrible effect throughout the market.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

9. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    What are your favorite ETFs?
    I only buy American stocks on companies I use or buy. I tried buying ETFs from Colombia, China and Argentina and got fkd in the ass. I don’t buy international stocks either

If not in the us then I am not interested.

11. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    King Christian
    Old name
    Jrg

Denmark

17 Forum Supporter
    I have shorted the German index for two days now as a way to generate profit out of this mess.

I sold some of my Chinese stocks listed in the US last week but sadly not all of them. We will see how bad it goes for ly HK listed stocks when the market at sometime opens.

I will keep following the news concerning the spread of the virus until then and probably be short again in DAX if it spreads more rapidly into Europe.

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    I mean when ebola was a thing for a week the markets crashed too. I am not too worried about it. I look for market opportunities but right now the stuff I am interested is just way too expensive

15. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    I mean when ebola was a thing for a week the markets crashed too. I am not too worried about it. I look for market opportunities but right now the stuff I am interested is just way too expensive
    Well ebola was not spreading in china. The fact that flights got cancelled and cities shut off is a bit worrying. As one would expect that to lead to a delay in the arrival of goods and it should lead to a drop of productivity if more cities in china are shut doen like wuhan is we re gonna feel a significant slow down.

That being said i dont think the virus is that bad it s death ratio is pretty low and i think will have a cure/therapy in at least a months time so i don t expect this to be a disaster.
    Thing is like you said everything is freaking expensive and imho most things are just riding on confidence a blow to that no matter how big could lead the whole thing to crash.

As for the chinese market investments i really dont mind if mine take a big hit i m only invested in growth companies in china that i intend to hold for at least 5 years so i reeally dont care when the blow comes yes i m gonna lose some money on paper but i m gonna make that up pretty fast if my growth assumptions of these companies are correct so i dont worry to much.
    Way more worried about the us market.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

That's why you don't invest in stocks in China or relations with China. This disease is probably spread by Donald Trump's biological military force.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    That's why you don't invest in stocks in China or relations with China. This disease is probably spread by Donald Trump's biological military force.
    look man, whatever garbage you post in other threads keep it off from here, we try to post quality/related stuff
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So british airways suspended all it s flights from and to mainland china. This is a bit worrisome right now it seems only people are affected by the flight cancellations but once the delivery of goods from china gets delayed we ll have a problem.

Right now it does not look like Cargo ships are affected in any ways but if or should i say once we have an out brake on one of those ships we might have a real problem. Not sure our supply chain can and will run smoothly if cargo ship deliveries from china get halted for even a week or two.

Edit: forgot to mention that apple beat estimates quite comfortably mainly due to very strong Iphone sales, Ipad and mac sales missed estimates slightly, wearables and home accessories also beat expectations slightly. And services missed expectations.
    Overall a rev growth of 3%.
    Iphone sales are way stronger then i expected with a beat by 4+ bio all else are slight misses and beats that are hardly significant. I d be a bit worried with the services missing out as apple mad quite some big bets on their services catching on.

All in all a good quater but IMHO at 24 P/E and rev growth of 3% overvalued.

EDIT 2: Mcdonalds reports today and we might get a good insight on how much the corona virus is gonna fuck with the economy as MCD will be the second to report that is expected to be affected due to store closures. Starbucks informed yesterday (Q120) that they closed over 2000 stores in china due to the corona virus and they also said that they held back on raising guidance like they initially planned due to the Corona virus. So keep an eye out for MCD s earnings and their take on temporary store closures.

On a totally unrelated note the more i read about tupperware (TUP) the more i wanna buy that stock, i know not an exciting company but at current prices they trade at 2.45 P/E and have a dividend yield of 15% and i m talking about a profitable company here. Of course this would only be a short play to make 10-20% and exit again within a few weeks.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 29 Jan 20 at 15:40.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

look man, whatever garbage you post in other threads keep it off from here, we try to post quality/related stuff
    True, we should all stop posting about stocks related to China.

You should knock on Handoyo's door, you'd make a great thread moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Ted Baker is an interesting stock, 85% down for the year, and more than that for 2-3 years, 10 forward P/E, UK luxury good.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TED.L/
    On Brozovic:

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Given their accounting issues who knows what they're really worth.

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Given their accounting issues who knows what they're really worth.
    as i said forward earnings are 10m, and that is after everything. A firm that has the revenue that they do, and the brand value added to actually being profitable, does not deserve a 110m valuation, at least for me
    On Brozovic:

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

on another news, tesla has reached 650$, at 115bn dollar valuation, what the fuck
    On Brozovic:

33. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    on another news, tesla has reached 650$, at 115bn dollar valuation, what the fuck
    Lol zeah shit is hilarious, also while earnings were good once again all is based around elons promises he never keeps anyways. Also while the eps beat is promising i d be a bit scared that the GAAP EPS is another miss and a bad one at that. Whats even more weird is if you compare 2nd half of 18 to 2nd half of 19 in tesla their down on everything Revenue down 3% NI down 40+% and so is EPS down 40+%. So really wtf is happening?

On the other hand theres FB who beat revenue and beat eps expectation and has a 25% revenue growth and their down 7%+ AH. I mean what the actual fuck are people doing? and i know FB lowered guidance but even so it s still would be another year with both revenue and eps growth and their forward P/E is somwhere around 16 if i compare that to the rest of the market they re still on the cheap side even more so after the sell off.

On ted Baker where did you get your forward P/E from? I only made a quick search and all i found were forward P/E s of 18.

On another note DB seems to finally be getting out of it s slump and restructuring seems to show a positive effect.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 30 Jan 20 at 10:05.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

35. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Lol zeah shit is hilarious, also while earnings were good once again all is based around elons promises he never keeps anyways. Also while the eps beat is promising i d be a bit scared that the GAAP EPS is another miss and a bad one at that. Whats even more weird is if you compare 2nd half of 18 to 2nd half of 19 in tesla their down on everything Revenue down 3% NI down 40+% and so is EPS down 40+%. So really wtf is happening?

On the other hand theres FB who beat revenue and beat eps expectation and has a 25% revenue growth and their down 7%+ AH. I mean what the actual fuck are people doing? and i know FB lowered guidance but even so it s still would be another year with both revenue and eps growth and their forward P/E is somwhere around 16 if i compare that to the rest of the market they re still on the cheap side even more so after the sell off.

On ted Baker where did you get your forward P/E from? I only made a quick search and all i found were forward P/E s of 18.

I read a guidance that the profit should be 10m for next year, and current market cap is 102m

- - - Updated - - -

an interesting article on FT today, calling out tesla's misleading self driving.

https://www.ft.com/content/5de0cb4c-41bd-11ea-a047-eae9bd51ceba
    On Brozovic:

37. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I read a guidance that the profit should be 10m for next year, and current market cap is 102m

- - - Updated - - -

an interesting article on FT today, calling out tesla's misleading self driving.

https://www.ft.com/content/5de0cb4c-...7-eae9bd51ceba
    Allright thanks i ll have to check the numbers again.

On tesla i m starting to think that apps such as e toro have a huge impact on these trend stocks, you can check tesla is constantly under the hot stocks in their app and i think they generate a huge volume on tesla and others from investors that have very little clue of what they are doing.
    Dont get me wrong i like the idea of lowering costs and making access to markets more easily available for the general public. But i cringe everytime i see their commercial and they basically only promote FOMO and some weird sense that trading should be done on the go based on what ever stock is hot thats not trading thats gambling. Basically i cannot grasp how anybody in their right mind who looked at the numbers and competition comes to the conclusion that tesla above even 400 is a good investment. The amount of people invested in tesla who believe their batteries are 100% made by tesla and who believe is just to damn high and if you dont know that you clearly did not do your research.

Anyways i ve been trying to find information on freight ships that leave china and whether there has been any reports of infected people. Cause it s hard to imagine that it did not get on any ship. Cause if we have to stop or even slow down the shipping channels from china to the rest of the world for any extended period of time then we really have a problem on our hands.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

39. Thanks (1): MVD