Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293637383940 LastLast

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    6 Italian sides in Europe. 1 win, 2 draw, 3 losses

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Rano & Lautaro

Germany

Are you guys still optimistic about Aurora Cannabis?

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by German_Interista View Post
    Always
    It does. It has a lot of quality. I would say even Serie B has a lot of quality. Professional footballers really know how to play the game.

5. Thanks (2): German_Interista, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Long term yes short term not so much.
    But i think big part of the recent decline has to do with general market trends and with what happened to juul which imho wont have a big impact on the weed market.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

7. Thanks (1): German_Interista

Fav. Player
    Rano & Lautaro

Germany

You guys still optimistic about aurora?

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    You guys still optimistic about aurora?
    I hope your trolling! absolutely nothing changed since you asked last time.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

10. Thanks (1): Candreva Crosses

Fav. Player
    Rano & Lautaro

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I hope your trolling! absolutely nothing changed since you asked last time.
    Well minus 10 % is a change in my opinion. Just crazy to see how the stock went. When I bought them I was like 30% plus within two weeks and right now I'm 40% down.
    Right now I'm losing interest in stocks and changing to ETFs because they are way more relaxing

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Well minus 10 % is a change in my opinion. Just crazy to see how the stock went. When I bought them I was like 30% plus within two weeks and right now I'm 40% down.
    Right now I'm losing interest in stocks and changing to ETFs because they are way more relaxing
    Yeah but my question was not related to stock price movement. As in what in the fundamentals has changed? They missed guidance because margins are falling but that was already before you asked the first time and falling margins were to be expected. Worst actual thing that happened is the vape bane but iho for the pot market thats just a hickup.

I mean what was your thesis behind investing into aurora and has this fundamentally changed in the last 10 days?

For example my rational behind investing in the weed market and mainly into canopy is that i think most western countries will legalize it within the next 5 to 10 years and that the pot market will end up looking like the booze and tobacco markets which mainly are controlled by a couple of huge players with a few speciality brands here and there. Now imho Canopy aurora and tilray still have the best shots amongst the current players to end up being one of those huge players. Growing weed simply is a business with big economy of scale and in order to maneuver different legislation in different countries its always good to get a head start on your competition. All three of those companies have a size advantage over the rest of the market and all three of them have already ventured outside the US and canada. It s not gonna be a fast money thing but imho holding these three companies will prove very profitable down the road.
    The fact that canopies stock price more than lost 50% since last october does not bother me that much i knew that it was ovepriced at over 70 last october but since i was in it for the long haul i did not bother to sell then and neither will i sell now cause imho my thesis is still intact.
    What worries me way more then the loss in stock price is the firing of linton at canopy and i m still not sure what constellation is gonna do now. if they are now rushing to profitability and are completly changing strategy then i might reconsider my position.

And yes etfs are more relaxing and probably a better solution for the average investor then picking single stocks.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

13. Thanks (1): German_Interista

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Just invest while they go down.

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

jsut everyone get the fuck out of stocks rn hahah

manufacturing index nosedived, mor eand mor signs pointing to a recession
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Was expected though, but you re absolutely right that the time to sell is here. I m still not fully out cause this is how i earn my money and there are just so few other investments around that offer a decent yield, plus the market might have one last small rally in him if rates get lowered again.

That being said i m shocked by schwabs move to completely eliminate trading costs like how the fuck are they gonna make money with yields where they are ?
    Think the whole sector is just about to fuck themselves because of Robinhood, like i get the urge to not lose clients and personally i m happy if trading costs keep on falling i just dont see how it is sustainable on the longrunn.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

looking for a prolonged dip so i can get in at some things.

There's this one firm that I have me eyes, Nvidia. It is very interesting how it is largely exposed to macro-trends, for example they dip everytime there is a downturn, however, their graphic cards are main component for cryptos, so if there is a full scale meltdown and if crypto is indeed a safe heaven, they theoretically will benefit from the downturn. They also have some insane AI capabilities.

But this is all just me, and thebenefit could be marginal at best.
    On Brozovic:

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Companies I’m thinking of buying Shares in

1- beyond meat
    2- nio
    3- costco
    4- alibaba

anythoghts?
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyad View Post
    Companies I’m thinking of buying Shares in

1- beyond meat
    2- nio
    3- costco
    4- alibaba

anythoghts?
    Costco is imho the best on that list they re very solid financially and imho are pretty recession prove in terms of revenue they might even get more people shopping there once consumers feel the recession. the thing is even they trade at a pretty high p/e for a retailer with their margins and i expect p/e s to come down in a downturn also they are dividend paying which is a plus especially in a downturn. On the other hand their owner is a pretty social guy and is gonna cut dividends before he ll fire employees.

nio i know very little about but they do post huge losses which i would try to avoid these days. Imho when it comes to them it depends a lot on how much the chinese gov wants to push the EV if the government is involved and they are dedicated to pushing EVs it might be a pretty save company but their valuation is rich.

Alibaba i think generally is nt a bad idea but they might be hit hard if the trade war prolongs also again valued pretty high atm.

Beyond meat well i ve been following them closely since before the IPO and all i can say is STAY AWAY. Yes i look stupid for not buying it at the IPO but valuation is beyond cray. They are in a business where i dont see them having a competitive advantage over the competition and where i think their brand wont sustain them. I dont think people are willing to pay extra for veggie meat if just because its from beyond especially since many people claim the impossible burger is way better. Also in order to live up to current valuation they would have to sustain margins and also convince the average meat eater to make the switch all while staying the number one in the market and thats just to justify current valuation. With a revenue of something around 180 mio and a valuation of around 8.2 bio i just dont see how this should turn a profit especially with the big boys (nestle, Danone) trying to capture that market. If you still think it s a good idea at least wait till the lockup period is over on oct 29 when significantly more then the +/- 35% of shares out standinng are in the public float. I personally think there s gonna be a big sell off on that very day.

I personally would stay out of stocks atm p/e s are high across the board and other than significant progress on the china us front i dont see anything that could substantially give stocks a boost. There are some stocks that i would hold cause the downside is limited but i cannot think of any convincing buys.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 04 Oct 19 at 00:48.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

22. Thanks (1): Ziyad

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I went balls deep in renault after its shares declined 15%.

the valuation is just absurd

- - - Updated - - -

there's no way in seven hells renault and nissan, both after fucking up the past year, do not re-invent their allegiance. Either that or on top of it, renault merging with FCA.

The synergies may not work, but it will lead to initial premium valuations
    On Brozovic:

24. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Oe short thing about canopy they sold their stake in auscann, which is the first move they make since firing linton that really bother me cause it seems to indicate a strong diversion from recent strategy and might signal that constellation will be forcing them to divest from other investments they recently made in order to reach profitability earlier while sacrificing long term growth. Considering that they added to their stake in auscann in June/july this move seems very odd.

On another note for the weed investors a economic downturn might actually be good, first of because it s a drug sales should not alter to much secondly i think many states might look at the weed market as a tool to give their economy a push once we re in a recession. Just like the great depression helped to end prohibition of alcohol cause through making production and sale legal hundreds of jobs were created with the signing of a simple bill. Now many of the us states that have not legalized weed jet might look at states where it is legal and see the immens tax dollars that come with it and the number of jobs legalisation brought with it. Saying no to that out of simple principle is gonna become harder and harder once the economy takes a dive.

Not saying it s gonna happen 100% but in a downturn for many countries/states simply legalizing weed. would be one of the easiest ways to try to help and give the economy that kick that it needs, even more so in an environnement where low interest rates dont really seem to bring about inflation nor spur investments into the real economy.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Fiat merging with Pegauout.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew there'd be a merger, fucking knew it. Just did not predict the correct one. FCA stock up 10%.

I thought horrid quarter results would force renault's hand. This just may make them do some stupid shit.
    On Brozovic:

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    Fiat merging with Pegauout.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew there'd be a merger, fucking knew it. Just did not predict the correct one. FCA stock up 10%.

I thought horrid quarter results would force renault's hand. This just may make them do some stupid shit.
    Yeah also the peugeot announcement took me by surprise luckily i split my investments between Fiat and renault.
    On another note with the fed signaling that it s done with it s rate cut markets might have seen their last Record yesterday.

On a positive note FB is back, always said if their under 200 they are too cheap. They re gonna rache 10$ eps next year unless some political shitshow leeds to new fines and their Rev growth will also stay above 25% which should easily justify a 20+ PE.
    Expect them to reach 220 next year no matter the general economic environment unless they once again get heavy fines.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Oi pimpin any opinion on EL polo Loco (Loco)? They had a blow out quater but other than that i m not too familiar with them.
    Seeing as you like the food sector i figured maybe you got some insight on them.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte