Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2330313233

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Anybody invested in boeing?
    I was just looking at them before the crash and they are a damn well run company and their margins look very promising!
    Now with the latest crash also sending their stock to crash this might be a great opportunity to get in. They dropped to 371 from 420 within two trading days so if boeing is not responsible for the crash than there is already considerable upside. Problem here is after the Crash in October they bottomed out at 340 so there might still be some way to go. Also Lion air is about to drop their 2.2 bio order of the 737 Max so bad news are still coming and the share will probably take another beating. This come after many air lines already grounded their 737 MAx and the icing on the cake is the UK prohibiting the 737 to enter its aerospace.
    With the 737 being their most important air craft boeing is under immense pressure at this moment to prove that it was not a technical mistake and that everything is ok with the 737 Max. If they manage to do so there is a huge upside potential to this stock,if they don t on the other hand boeing is looking at some very though times.
    And even if they can prove that it was not their fault the damage might already be done as passengers currently rather dont want to fly in a 737 Max, if i remember correctly a similar thing happened with the DC 11.

Anyways it s definitely an interesting situation at boeing currently and which ever way it goes there s a lot of money to be made if you re fast/ early enough.
    I personally believe that boeing will probably get away with it as the us FAA also seems to be interested to keep the 737 max in the air.

Another interesting stock is Swissquote they delivered great results last week and jet their price fell from 46 to 39 within the next two trading days. Mostly because they scaled back future expectations slightly as they expect a slow down in the us economy.
    Now i own the stock already 4 years so i know the company quite well and follow it closely imho this current valuation is a no brainer buy.
    I expect it to be back in the 45 range by june july and that is with 1 chf dividen in may.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    It's a huge risk. The airlines' biggest selling point is safety. That's under jeopardy and it's not easy to overcome it. I think the price will move further down but I do agree that it's worth the risk if you can afford it.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    It's a huge risk. The airlines' biggest selling point is safety. That's under jeopardy and it's not easy to overcome it. I think the price will move further down but I do agree that it's worth the risk if you can afford it.
    more than that, it's really the only thing you can't do without when travelling by air. even the slightest potential concern about safety = i will rather stay home.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

Made a grand thanks to them dropping

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    more than that, it's really the only thing you can't do without when travelling by air. even the slightest potential concern about safety = i will rather stay home.
    The main issue that Boeing has is that its customers, ie the airlines, may close down. And closing down due to having Boeing aircraft will look bad. This will not happen overnight but coule be an ongoing issue. So you never know when it might hit and the stock price may be volatile for some time now.

I don't think it will plummet or that the company will fail, but it's a very risky operation to bet in their favour now. Even if they fix the issue (if there is one), try convincing millions of people that there's no problem. You are basically asking them to leverage their lives on that bet.

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    I owned Boeing at 150 haha. Sold as soon as the 1st crash. Hadn’t looked at it in forever was like o shit it doubled I’m out

It was pitched to me in a class in grad school.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Finally sold my Aurora stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

9. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

I'd stay away from Boeing. They rely heavily on gov't contracts, and as soon as a Democrat gets into the White House, they're fucked.

As for the 737s, those were their main profit drivers, so this is a huge dent (pun intended).
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    I'd stay away from Boeing. They rely heavily on gov't contracts, and as soon as a Democrat gets into the White House, they're fucked.

As for the 737s, those were their main profit drivers, so this is a huge dent (pun intended).
    well, apparently you won't have to wait for the democrats:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/13/b...a-737-max.html

Boeing 737 Max Flights Banned by U.S. After Other Countries Ground Planes

many airlines have already grounded their boeing 737 max and one in particular, norwegian airlines, has announced they will ask Boeing for compensation:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/13/i...ion/index.html
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Finally sold my Aurora stocks.
    Keep an eye on it, it went from 7.6 to 9 and is down 2% today but next week it may rally again, it will reach 12-14 soon.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Keep an eye on it, it went from 7.6 to 9 and is down 2% today but next week it may rally again, it will reach 12-14 soon.
    Yeah, I went chicken and stayed safe and sold it at 12. Still did good money so I'm satisfied.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

15. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Yeah, I went chicken and stayed safe and sold it at 12. Still did good money so I'm satisfied.
    Want to wait closer to the election. Connecticut is looking to legalize and with all the democrats basically wanting to legalize it. It can also be an awesome merger opportunity for a big company.

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Fapuccino View Post
    I'd stay away from Boeing. They rely heavily on gov't contracts, and as soon as a Democrat gets into the White House, they're fucked..
    Sounds like we've got 5 years until it's an issue then

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Sounds like we've got 5 years until it's an issue then
    Democrats win it’s just the system is broken in the US.

So you can win by 3 million but still lose

If in a swing state one person gets 101 votes and the loser gets 100 votes then every thing goes to the winner.

Then you have blue and red states where basically gives 0 reasons to vote. If all votes count the same then potentially more people would vote in a blue state for a republican which currently is a waste of an hour of your life.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    Democrats win it’s just the system is broken in the US.

So you can win by 3 million but still lose

If in a swing state one person gets 101 votes and the loser gets 100 votes then every thing goes to the winner.

Then you have blue and red states where basically gives 0 reasons to vote. If all votes count the same then potentially more people would vote in a blue state for a republican which currently is a waste of an hour of your life.
    yeah, there's much more to it than that
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Fuck it i m shorting boeing. Bad news seem to keep on piling on and while no orders have been canceled yet, but threats in that direction have been made. The FAA is now even investigating if everything went right with the approval of the 737 Max. Plus airliners are already thinking about compensation for the cost they currently have due to the grounding of all their 737.

On top of that i think that especially the passengers confidence in that type of plain has eroded and it s gonna be extremely hard to convince them that the 737 is safe especially if it s only done through an invisible action like a software update. I think we re just at the beginning of this and the real problems are just about to start.

Put options are quite pricey already though so it s a bit of a risky move as a put at 370 valid till june costs around 21$!!

Btw i still think boeing overall is a very well run company and in a couple of months could be a great buy but currently with their flagship product which also is a huge revenue driver maybe needing a major overhaul things dont look that great on the short term.

I expect them to drop to at least around 340 if there is not any big positive news coming this week.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

22. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, K.I., Pimpin

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Good luck man, shorting is scary

24. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, crzdcolombian