Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 43839091929394 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1870

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    I know bro, just messing with you.
    I’m just happy AMD is doing good. My Coca Cola stock also. .
    Wells Fargo fucking me little bit.
    Yeah, Moderna idk anymore...it’s up and down. Fuck them. I sold half of it when it at even price.

Btw, what about those happy medium companies that offer cloud services like Akamai. I know Akamai is the top, but the other ones have so much room for growth, don’t you think?
    Im thinking of Fastly, Cloudflare and such.
    As you said akamai is the tops so the big guys and those for whom security and reliability are top priority have very little choice but Akamai.
    The other thing is while they still have room to growth their also priced accordingly Cloudlfare trades at a 30 times sales and fastly at 42x sales( forward sales data from reuters) meanwhile akamai sits in the same market and trades at a 5.6 times forward sales on top of that akamai is profitable and the others are not.
    Is there still room for growth yes for sure, enough to justify current valuations? I highly doubt it. Note that does not mean they both cant go on to double up from here on out before reality kicks in but i m pretty sure if your time horizon is long than your gonna make a better investment in Akamai.

Side note: dumb trades do pay off.. my silver and gold investments look better every day even though i thought i was way late to the party. Gold almost breaking 2000.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

2. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    As you said akamai is the tops so the big guys and those for whom security and reliability are top priority have very little choice but Akamai.
    The other thing is while they still have room to growth their also priced accordingly Cloudlfare trades at a 30 times sales and fastly at 42x sales( forward sales data from reuters) meanwhile akamai sits in the same market and trades at a 5.6 times forward sales on top of that akamai is profitable and the others are not.
    Is there still room for growth yes for sure, enough to justify current valuations? I highly doubt it. Note that does not mean they both cant go on to double up from here on out before reality kicks in but i m pretty sure if your time horizon is long than your gonna make a better investment in Akamai.

Side note: dumb trades do pay off.. my silver and gold investments look better every day even though i thought i was way late to the party. Gold almost breaking 2000.
    Is that straight up Gold stock?
    I have an ETF stock that combines gold, silver, platinum and palladium. It’s a good stock to have against inflation, and it’s doing good so far.
    All my stocks are long term, so not to worried on that, but Lufthansa and Boeing are screwing me little.
    Pimp told me stay away from airline industry, but I just couldn’t resist those prices lol

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

https://www.lightreading.com/the-edg.../d/d-id/762828

worth a read.

also i am looking at vmware and cloudera.

Cloudera is trading close to book value, close to earning profit, low sales multiple and basically very well positioned for the future. Vmware seems to trade same as it did before pandemic, and it should benefit alot from work from home trends. It crushed q1 earnings.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Personally I wouldnt touch Cloudera with a barge pole. It's legacy technology now from failed hadoop adoptions earlier this decade. Only a few organizations are going to use it in 5 years time - if you want to go tech, invest in Google, Azure, or AWS instead.

You can use Hadoop-as-a-service in the cloud without touching or paying a penny to Cloudera (AWS and google at least - Azure still use Hortonworks for HDInsight AFAIK), and the big move is towards companies like Databricks now.

Unless Cloudera have some innovations I'm not aware of (perfectly possible) that are gonna keep them relevant in 5 years time, I wouldnt have any interest in them

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    What’s AWS? Can’t find it on the stock platforms I’m using.

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Amazon Web Services, you'd have to buy Amazon stock to get ahold of it - but they're the bulk of the Amazon valuation atm.

Azure is Microsoft.

Google, obviously, Alphabet.

12. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    Personally I wouldnt touch Cloudera with a barge pole. It's legacy technology now from failed hadoop adoptions earlier this decade. Only a few organizations are going to use it in 5 years time - if you want to go tech, invest in Google, Azure, or AWS instead.

You can use Hadoop-as-a-service in the cloud without touching or paying a penny to Cloudera (AWS and google at least - Azure still use Hortonworks for HDInsight AFAIK), and the big move is towards companies like Databricks now.

Unless Cloudera have some innovations I'm not aware of (perfectly possible) that are gonna keep them relevant in 5 years time, I wouldnt have any interest in them
    I think big tech will get broken up

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/08/08/carl-icahn-on-his-12point6percent-stake-in-cloudera.html

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/shares-of-cloudera-jump-on-private-equity-acquisition-report.html
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Is that straight up Gold stock?
    I have an ETF stock that combines gold, silver, platinum and palladium. It’s a good stock to have against inflation, and it’s doing good so far.
    All my stocks are long term, so not to worried on that, but Lufthansa and Boeing are screwing me little.
    Pimp told me stay away from airline industry, but I just couldn’t resist those prices lol
    I m holding gold and silver futures and just roll em over when we get close to expiry. Only reason i m holding it is cause the USD fucked me over so basically also as an inflation hedge did not wanna park all the money in chf.....

Lufthansa is gonna be fine, at current prices i do also get tempted despite the industry being fucked for the next couple of years. Imho Lufthansa is one of the best run Airlines there is (not most profitable) and probably the best run in Europe, on top of that they got the german state backing them and basically admitting that they gave LHA more money than they would have needed to just survive the crisis. Just as a side note the swiss Gov on top of what the german state payed to LHA also paid 1.3 bio to swiss a LHA owned business.....
    Now it s gonna be a shitty and a long way back but imho air traffic will come back and LHA will still be a major player whether thats in 3 years or 5 year time is another question.

Boeing on the other hand imho is a shit co that i would not touch with a 10 foot pole. MGM has been an absolute disaster throughout that whole 737max debacle. What makes it even worse is that they re still pushing for the recertification of that thing. Even though nobody wants f ing planes. Even less one that everybody associates security problems with. Scrapping that plane a year ago would have been the best thing Boeing could have done but no even with a global pandemic and no demand for planes those idiots are still pushing that plane. Apart from that disaster MGM has been making questionable moves for some time imho.
    Only good thing about boeing is that the US aint gonna let em fail no matter how shitty they are run they ll always help em with loans, massive military orders and if necessary direct funding.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

16. Thanks (2): InterFCAustin, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    I have positions in Boeing, Airbus, Lufthansa and Delta. Sticking with them long term, they were Covid discount stocks so I'm not worried much. If anything, I'll keep buying more if they drop further, with the exception in Delta, won't be touching any more US airlines.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I think big tech will get broken up

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/08/0...-cloudera.html

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/shar...on-report.html
    I dont know how you'd break up amazon aside from splitting amazon retail, amazon as a market place playform ans AWS. It won't really help you avoid the big tech issues someone who works in tech though cloudera is shit. Even at its prime it was mainly hype about the things it COULD do. Licensed enterprise grade hadoop is dog piss. You only get failing deployments of it. Public cloud is the future- betting on cloudera is a bet against that for the most part.

Your money though but I do a lot of advisory for companies in this space and I've never once said use cloudera. I've helped a lot of people look at how to get OFF ot

20. Thanks (3): Adriano@10, MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

what tech aside from the big ones would you suggest we look at?
    On Brozovic:

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

I'll have a think tonight. A lot of the good ones are private or start up afaik

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    LOL i m getting murdered in AGL/HEIA/RDSA the disconnect between US and eu stocks is incredible.
    Another spac deal done: https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...er-DiamondPeak
    And again it s in that ev space 25% up pre market.

Also in that tech space i still like pins crm and ttwo, sadly by now their quite pricy.
    Almost forgot check jumia tech might be a very interesting tech play if your in it for the long run. Also would give you exposure to africa.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 03 Aug 20 at 16:23.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

im so disappointed in greggs

i think i'll stick with them for now to see where it goes, i consciously put like 1.5% of my portfolio into it.

tbh with tech a lot of the best tech companies are private, or huge already. Tech is moving more towards open source, lke, Kafka, Databricks, Spark, etc. Where you get premium version sof those (Confluent & Databricks) they're still private companies.

I struggle to see past Amazon, Microsoft and Google. I agree there's a chance some of them might be split up, but their Public Cloud businesses are definitely the way forward. VMWare isnt a bad shout, I think they could do quite well.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Greggs will be fine. I will def get into it once i see them stabilising around a price, rn its on free fall.

why do so many solar panel manufacturers trade near book value?
    On Brozovic:

United States

I heard Kodak went on an absolute run the other day after a trump press briefing. Anyone have the story there?

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    feeling really stupid for selling my Microsoft, Tesla and Amazon stock.... was expecting another crash but everyone just dumped their stimulus checks into the market.
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

30. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

tesla i dont get their run lately but amazon and microsoft were best placed to benefit from the recession, lolz.

thats why I'm mostly passive, except for maybe 25%

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    I heard Kodak went on an absolute run the other day after a trump press briefing. Anyone have the story there?
    I think i posted a link some where in this thread basically Trump gave Kodak 700+ mio to transform the company into a supplier of medical goods. Thing is Kodak does not have the facilities, knowledge nor the employees for it. After the announcement stock peaked at 60 was trading at 2$ the day before announcement now their back at 14$. Lots of red flags surrounding this thing first of volume was like 10x average volume for kodak the day before the announcement also kodaks chairman bought a lot of stock one week before the announcement. (kudlow said they were working on it for a months or two)
    And Kodak still has not filled a 8k on what they are gonna do with that money meanwhile jay clayton and the SEC are nowhere to be found.
    A bit of backstory during that whole crypto hype Kodak als tried to ride that wave and became a crypto company.

This and the whole MSFT tiktok story and the us wanting money from the sale just shows how much of a banana republic the US became in just 4 years of trump.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

33. Thanks (2): Pimpin, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

Kodak have always been a chemical company though - thats why they were big into cameras bym aknig the chemicals necessary i thought?