Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1717

Thread: Stocks

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin
    EY should just liquidate tbh. Fucking crooks, just like the rest big 4.
    This is the closest I've ever come to banning you

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

please tell me you dont work for them
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

4. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Love how boeing rallied 8% yesterday for restarting test flights on a plane that nobody wants to buy or fly with. I d still argue that boeing would have been better of just scrapping that plane especially once covid hit as we have way to many planes as it is. Then again boeing has proven to have one of the shitties mgm of any big corp i ever seen. The way they handled this 737 max thing is an absolute disgrace first Muilenburg fucked up for over a year after the ethiopian crash and when they finally removed him with Calhoun in the beginning of this year nothing changed, still the only goal seems to be to push that plane back on market as fast as possible whether there is demand or not.

One of those companies that i like cause they are huge and to important to countries and sectors to fail, but they have a mgm in place that is simply abyssal and imho makes it an uninvestable company. Is boeing gonna come back eventually sure, i just doubt it will happen with current mgm in place.

Edit: in tesla news as always we have the leaked e-mail pre quarter and that is here to hype the stock with elon telling his employees that they could reach break even this Q. link:https://nypost.com/2020/06/29/elon-m...ium=SocialFlow

Now while asking his employees to work extra hard to reach break even this mother fucker paied himselfe 700 mio bonus and he cut all the bonuses of his employes in Q1 and Q2 even if they already met the goals to trigger the bonus. This dude could easily play the role of any bond villain.

Also of course another tesla in FSD mode hit a stationary car this time a police car that was pulling somebody over.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 30 Jun 20 at 10:06.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Tesla is such a despicable company, who names a not fully automated driving "autopilot". I hope this fraudster gets exposed.

on other news inovio will commence 2/3 phase study

https://twitter.com/LiveSquawk/statu...27947530317824
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

8. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    On boeing down 4% today after BOC cancelled 30 737 max orders LOL..:https://www.reuters.com/article/boc-...C%20it%20added.

Like how is it not obvious that nobody's gonna buy those fucking planes?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

10. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I love how they pump the stock, and then next day drop bad news so the price levels off. It's like, the airlines will be at an overcapacity for years to come, which airline do these fucks think will buy new planes? Worst case scenario they can acquire planes from competitors.

On another news, UK is trying to do a big push on infrastructure, I have a few on watch list and may pull the trigger. That spending is sole thing imo that can get us out of this ditch.

- - - Updated - - -

Akamai is beginning to pick up, IMO still criminally undervalued, at least to their peers. Fastly and Cloudflare have a combined TTM revenue 17% of Akamai's, yet they have a combined 13% higher market capitalisation. Quite literally their combined revenues are the same as Akamai's profit. WTF
    On Brozovic:

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Bro akamai is gonna be great also the only stock i timed right since march markets are gonna realize sooner or later.
    If you dont mind let me know who your infrastructure guys are in the UK.

Also FCC designated Huawai and ZTE as a national security risk might be time to buy some Nok or get back into Samsung.

Also in other news 53 countries agreed to guidelines on FSD or Autonomuos level 3 driving and tesla would not be allowed to sell their shit as FSD under these rules. here s a link: https://techxplore.com/news/2020-06-...automated.html
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #3, #4

Malta

2 Forum Supporter
    I have no expertise whatsoever in all this shit you guys talk about, but I find it entertaining nonetheless.

I bought $30 dollars worth of Apple back in March through the Revolut app () and it's now worth $43.61, so there's that, at least.

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    This fractional stock trading is pure lunacy
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

Vote in the OT draft you c*nts Here and here you lazy bastards

18. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

25 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post

I love how they pump the stock, and then next day drop bad news so the price levels off. It's like, the airlines will be at an overcapacity for years to come, which airline do these fucks think will buy new planes? Worst case scenario they can acquire planes from competitors.

On another news, UK is trying to do a big push on infrastructure, I have a few on watch list and may pull the trigger. That spending is sole thing imo that can get us out of this ditch.

- - - Updated - - -

Akamai is beginning to pick up, IMO still criminally undervalued, at least to their peers. Fastly and Cloudflare have a combined TTM revenue 17% of Akamai's, yet they have a combined 13% higher market capitalisation. Quite literally their combined revenues are the same as Akamai's profit. WTF
    I can see quite a strong argument in favour of airlines buying new airplanes now.

The new airplanes are more efficient, that means your cost to serve is lower, so your margin is higher. If we have things like enforced reduced capacity, or decreased demand, then that's a good thing for the airlines.

The superlarge planes like the A380 and the 747-800 have been going out of favour with a view to two engine, lower capacity, more efficient planes for a while.

Cashflow is an obvious problem, but if you're considering modernising your fleet in the next 10 years, this accelerates plans probably (IMHO).

RE the UK spending plans.. its only 5 billion. That gets you like a mile of tunnel in London practically. There's a lot of cynicism as to whether its actually all new cash or if its a lot of money being re-badged.

20. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by .h. View Post
    I can see quite a strong argument in favour of airlines buying new airplanes now.

The new airplanes are more efficient, that means your cost to serve is lower, so your margin is higher. If we have things like enforced reduced capacity, or decreased demand, then that's a good thing for the airlines.

The superlarge planes like the A380 and the 747-800 have been going out of favour with a view to two engine, lower capacity, more efficient planes for a while.

Cashflow is an obvious problem, but if you're considering modernising your fleet in the next 10 years, this accelerates plans probably (IMHO).

RE the UK spending plans.. its only 5 billion. That gets you like a mile of tunnel in London practically. There's a lot of cynicism as to whether its actually all new cash or if its a lot of money being re-badged.
    Bro passengers are down 86% yoy nobody is gonna buy planes Airbus just yesterday said that air traffic aint gonna resume to 2019 levels till 2025. Cost savings of new planes are overstated in this case and even those planes need at least 85% occupancy to not run a loss for Airlines. Why do you think most airlines cancelled their new plane orders even if they had to pay a penalty for cancelling.
    On top of that used planes even if practically new are gonna implode in price as airlines will first try to trim their fleet back. Most likely any plane that is replaced and thus will be sold will have to be sold at a pretty big loss on paper as no airline is gonna pay Book value.
    Since most of the airlines only need like 50% of their fleet atm why should anyone buy new planes the way to safe costs is obviously cut down your fleet first.
    Flying with an old plane is always gonna be the cheapest way to go. A

Brehme yes fractional share purchases are extremely strange and i still dont get why they are a thing and what purpose they serve other than to lure retail.

IG report on boeing: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN2413R6

One of the shitties managements i ve ever seen.

Not sure how one can read this and think everything is fine @tesla: https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives...20%24972%2C361.

And this: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/f...-installation/
    Amazon will install Fords mustang e home charger I do wonder what pissed Bezos off that much that he now is going after elon at every turn but i love it.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 01 Jul 20 at 09:26.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

the new airplanes would need to fly on wind for them to be economically viable. Simple cost volume profit calculation would show that it makes zero sense to get new planes now. Big Margins to recover base cost would make sense if you have the scale, which is fantasy right now.

Almost all airlines (minus southwest, easyjet, ryanair, wizzair), with current demand level, would go bankrupt in a year. How would splashing on new airplanes make sense? Easyjet conducted a sale-leaseback to raise capital. https://simpleflying.com/a320neo-sal...eback-easyjet/

no one is buying planes, and they won't in foreseeable future. I hope I am wrong, but I do not see how it makes sense.

Even if airlines were moving towards smaller planes, the rationale is, if airlines default, or want to raise capital, well capitalised firms can take advantage of it and just purchase it from them.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope bezos mops the floor with that fraud. Cmon bald headed fucker, show these dorks how its done.
    On Brozovic:

24. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

arent the on-going service contracts an ever increasing part of the cost of ownership of a plane? starting to stretch my domain knowledge now but I would assume service contracts, in particular for older planes, get to be very expensive.

Boeing will need to clear down stock, and running legacy parts for maintenance/etc in their supply chain will be expensive - infact you almost wouldnt be surprised (just speculating, without looking at the numbers under the hood) if this does draw out for the longer term if they use the planes almost as a loss leader to sustain their service/replacement business and get people to modernise so they can focus on reducing the inventory they need to hold to service the 40+ years of different aircraft they have.

I dont know enough about their respective businesses to make the judgement call on whether that's 'fiscally' viable or not, but it's one potential avenue. Everyone's trying to move towards service industries now, and when I speak to things like engine manufacturers in this space, that's what they're focusing on.

At the end of the day, if Boeing have an actual backlog of stock without the demand for it, they'll make sure that it gets cleared out. If the sale of the plane was the only thing they cared about, then it'd be less important, but there's cost to stopping, and restarting, production, and there's cost of obsolence as shit sits on a parking garage for a year or two

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    arent the on-going service contracts an ever increasing part of the cost of ownership of a plane? starting to stretch my domain knowledge now but I would assume service contracts, in particular for older planes, get to be very expensive.

Boeing will need to clear down stock, and running legacy parts for maintenance/etc in their supply chain will be expensive - infact you almost wouldnt be surprised (just speculating, without looking at the numbers under the hood) if this does draw out for the longer term if they use the planes almost as a loss leader to sustain their service/replacement business and get people to modernise so they can focus on reducing the inventory they need to hold to service the 40+ years of different aircraft they have.

I dont know enough about their respective businesses to make the judgement call on whether that's 'fiscally' viable or not, but it's one potential avenue. Everyone's trying to move towards service industries now, and when I speak to things like engine manufacturers in this space, that's what they're focusing on.

At the end of the day, if Boeing have an actual backlog of stock without the demand for it, they'll make sure that it gets cleared out. If the sale of the plane was the only thing they cared about, then it'd be less important, but there's cost to stopping, and restarting, production, and there's cost of obsolence as shit sits on a parking garage for a year or two
    So basically the endgame is boeing is selling planes at a loss to air carriers that are loss making and dont need new planes?

I really think you re underestimating the shit that BA and the industry is sitting in, why do you think even emirates who never gave two shits about costs cancelled orders ? When your passenger are down 86% there simply is no incentive to buy new planes at no level even if their dirt cheap. usually the big guys could sell their planes for decent money to africa or asia if they were fully owned that is gone now. Same goes for leasing companies when they usually could move their planes around as they get older that BM aint gonna work anymore. Theres a reason the biggest asian Plane leasing company cancelled all its 737 Max order.

I still am convinced that the best way forward for boeing would have been to scrao that fucken plane 1 year ago and be done with it.

With the older planes and service costs it s not that one sided while service and maintenance costs tend to increase, the cost of ownership for the plan as in the leasing costs or the amortization costs of your plane are therefor gonna be very low.

At the end of the day we just have way to many planes as it is right now and theres no way around it that usually does not encourage plane sales. One should not forget that boeing is not a monopoly and that there s gonna be a shit ton of great deals on used planes pretty damn soon.

If you add on top of that that BA mgm has been utterly incompetent for i dont know how long.
    Now consider that much of the cost savings from newer planes comes from more efficient engines that get you further with less fuel, only problem there is that oil is dirt cheap anyways and will stay cheap probably throughout 2021 (under 50). Now one of the big incentives for carriers to upgrade was the fuel savings, thing is your 10% fuel efficiency savings look way different when oil is at 80 than when oil is at 40.

On another note am i the only on who thinks gold traded weird this week? Having a big breakout when stocks are also down and falling big twice in premarkets even though futures were red.

Forgot to mention BYND starts selling in china up 8% pre market.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 01 Jul 20 at 11:41.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Browha, your point might've made sense before, where airlines had record demand and the most pressing issue was increasing margins/getting leaner to beat competition. The issue right now is that all airlines are looking to cut costs and raise capital.

The airline industry (which i strongly dislike), is highly cyclical. Namely, you have periods where the airlines see a huge demand which is bigger than capacity, leading to higher prices. This then induces the cycle of adding capacity, and you guessed it, falling prices. In that regard, they behave a lot like oil companies with exploration behavior.

However, with the pandemic wrecking havoc, all of these companies are struggling to survive, the notion that they should invest in new aircraft for efficiency, is fantasy. Think of it this way, aside from a few mid-east companies, all others have a combination of narrow/wide bodied jets. You are right that the trend was towards smaller aircrafts, and that should continue, but at moment the overcapacity is so big that all that logic goes out of window.

Alot of airlines are retiring airplanes, so in long term, it may lead to a supply/demand disbalance and higher prices, which would start a cycle of investment in new airplanes, just right now, all these firms are focusing on surviving, not much else.

- - - Updated - - -

also what adriano said
    On Brozovic:

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Inter1-0Wanda
    Old name
    browha

Europe

theres no way the US government even gets close to risking Boeing fail, though.

There's been talk in the UK of making emissions targets and stuff part of government bailouts for airlines. I'm also looking to, for example, in the last recession where the UK made it substantially cheaper for people to trade in older cars.

Difficult times are great for modernisation of infrastructure and equipment - it creates jobs and helps to deliver major step changes to your economy tbh.

32. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF

There's been talk in the UK of making emissions targets and stuff part of government bailouts for airlines. I'm also looking to, for example, in the last recession where the UK made it substantially cheaper for people to trade in older cars.

Difficult times are great for modernisation of infrastructure and equipment - it creates jobs and helps to deliver major step changes to your economy tbh.
    AHH theres no doubt about that us gov is gonna do everything to keep boeing afloat, they just gonna give em military contracts or just directly subsidize it through the fed thats not in question.

I just highly doubt they ll be a profitable company in the next 2/3 maybe even 5 years. Again mgm has to go and not just the ceo that went at the end of last year all of the top branch should get the boot, they ve done a terrible job and a new ceo plus government subsidies are not gonna make it better.

And the whole industry is fucked except for a couple of speciality players until demand reaches capacity again, whether thats through downsizing or increase in demand is jet to be seen.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

34. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

if you read my previous posts, you'd see that I am of this opinion too, scrappage schemes and heavy infrastructure investment are major themes, airplanes however, are a whole another ball game for all the reasons i mentioned.

Also, bail-outs come with terms attached to it. Renault has suffered so much with the commie french government. Do you really want a populist lead government have 5% on a firm that you are invested in?
    On Brozovic:

36. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Take a break and vote in the draft matchups ffs

Conte uomo di merda

38. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Greece

Someone please comment on Tesla.
    I love your reactions on this cult

Conte uomo di merda

40. Thanks (1): MVD