Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2229303132

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I. View Post
    Both Take Two and EA down around 15% after EA' call yesterday. Usually if the price holds for a while after the drop it climbs back up to where it was before the drop.
    Imho a strong overraction on TTWO I mean they beat Revenue and RDR@ was the most sold game last year they sold as much RDR2 games in 8 days as they did in * years of RDR1. Also NBA2k19 is once again the best selling sports game in the US and is growing rapidly in online usage.
    only thing is that RDR2 is not living up to expectations when it comes to online usage. But generally speaking they are still very good positioned with NBA/RDR2/ GTA and even their WWE2k game is comming along well and selling well. I would not put my money on EA but if you are in it for the long run TTWO looks like a good idea.

Only problem with the bouncing back is that we quite often saw TTWO s price dropp significantly one Q after they released their blockbuster(GTA/RDR) and back in the days it quite often took a long time till the price recovered from that. That being said TTWO has a way better game portfolio then what rockstar used to have ( original developper of GTA) and has added additional solid selling game since taking over rockstar so i guess swigs should be smaller than they used to be.

Also i actually expect a new GTA to come latest with the release of new gen consoles so i m expecting it within the next 2 years so i d guess you d make a nice profit in holding ttwo till then.

That being said i still have to finish the entire earnings conference call, but from what i heard thus far there s not much to be worried about.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

2. Thanks (1): K.I.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    The overreaction was more because of EA's call which just made the whole sector get affected. You are correct that Take Two looks better than EA both as a stock and as a company. I was just thinking how something like Star Wars would look like if it was done by Rockstar.

Disney also looks like a good stock, especially when they launch their subscription service and start adding more content on it, i think its gonna kill Netflix.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

CHIPOTLE, WOW just WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

5. Thanks (1): crzdcolombian

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    CHIPOTLE, WOW just WOW
    Congrats if you are still in!

I have a question though whats the rational behind holding a Restaurant chain trading at 90 times EPS ? Like i dont see it and i m not saying i m right i just would like to hear the arguments from the buy side. Yes it s net sales is growing fast and yes restructuring comes along nicely and they beat estimates but 90 times EPS? Especialy when scaling the business is not that easy and comes at significant costs.

Also i know that they announced q 100 mio stock buy back plan which leads to a price rally but that cannot be the explanation for 10+% raise today.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Haha just sold chipotle when I read Pimpins comment

Shit I think I bought it at 200 or 300 when it yanked 100 a share a while back

Will be putting this into Microsoft instead.

1 year price range $247.52 to 606!!!!!!

If you got any shares tank your money and run. Haha own 1 share if you really love chipotle

I give my nieces and nephews stock for Xmas and tell them hey you now own Batman, Star Wars, Mickey and Spider-Man as well as coke a cola.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Congrats if you are still in!

I have a question though whats the rational behind holding a Restaurant chain trading at 90 times EPS ? Like i dont see it and i m not saying i m right i just would like to hear the arguments from the buy side. Yes it s net sales is growing fast and yes restructuring comes along nicely and they beat estimates but 90 times EPS? Especialy when scaling the business is not that easy and comes at significant costs.

Also i know that they announced q 100 mio stock buy back plan which leads to a price rally but that cannot be the explanation for 10+% raise today.
    I am still largely in, sold a bit to fund something else :p

Chipotle was always thought of as the future of fast food. Great quality, natural and quite hip. First time i saw the product i was in USA, in Portsmouth New Hampshire. While the store was near a Mall, you could see the long lines in Chipotle. Instantly loved the food and everything they did right, but there was always room for improvement. When you look at their historical prices, you will see how they were growing..

Then shit hit the fan and they got people ill with e coli. Now you might think this is just contrarian bullshit, but literally their fault was that htey had a fucking noob ceo (who was also founder) who knew jack shit about sourcing, playing with menu and so on. The base product was always great, but they had 0 standards with sourcing and consequently- food safety.

Insert ex Taco Bell CEO. As you can see, Chipotle always traded in 40's PE (https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...grill/pe-ratio), investors now, with a great base product and good management, who have changed tweaked stuff in menu, basically are killing it right now.

While the PE is 90 now, if they have the same amount of growth in EPS next year in a similar trajectory to that of the ecoli - as they have had the past 2-3 years- then the forward p/e is not as outlandish as it may seem.

I am with 2-3 hours of sleep and i am not sure if i make any sense
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

9. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Radamel Fkingco

Colombia

10 years of FIF
    Nothing to stop someone just copying it

There is Moes, Quidoba and a few others that do similar foods and just copy and pasted chipotle.

Chipotle says they want to do a noodle concept and have one but that won’t move the needle to justify a 90x price

I like to take my wins and this was a massive one. Unless chipotle does a stock split I am out of the stock for a while just too expensive
    VAR is some serious Bullshit!

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I am still largely in, sold a bit to fund something else :p

Chipotle was always thought of as the future of fast food. Great quality, natural and quite hip. First time i saw the product i was in USA, in Portsmouth New Hampshire. While the store was near a Mall, you could see the long lines in Chipotle. Instantly loved the food and everything they did right, but there was always room for improvement. When you look at their historical prices, you will see how they were growing..

Then shit hit the fan and they got people ill with e coli. Now you might think this is just contrarian bullshit, but literally their fault was that htey had a fucking noob ceo (who was also founder) who knew jack shit about sourcing, playing with menu and so on. The base product was always great, but they had 0 standards with sourcing and consequently- food safety.

Insert ex Taco Bell CEO. As you can see, Chipotle always traded in 40's PE (https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/c...grill/pe-ratio), investors now, with a great base product and good management, who have changed tweaked stuff in menu, basically are killing it right now.

While the PE is 90 now, if they have the same amount of growth in EPS next year in a similar trajectory to that of the ecoli - as they have had the past 2-3 years- then the forward p/e is not as outlandish as it may seem.

I am with 2-3 hours of sleep and i am not sure if i make any sense
    Makes perfect sense and dont get me wrong i love chipotle the year i was living in the us it was by far my favourite fast food choice. And i totally agree on the ceo thing. It s just that i was surprised to see them trading at 90x eps but seeing that they already could justify a price of 720 with a reasonable eps i can see where you are coming from. And how one could argue that with good leadership they are goonna get back to where they were and might very well outperform.
    Javier Zanetti

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Both Take Two and EA down around 15% after EA' call yesterday. Usually if the price holds for a while after the drop it climbs back up to where it was before the drop.
    Not only did EA climb, it is now higher than it was before the drop

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Not only did EA climb, it is now higher than it was before the drop
    With apex legends which is great it could be a good time to get in. Its been very well received

Also, is chipotle stock 580+ dollars per share??

14. Thanks (2): K.I., MVD

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    With apex legends which is great it could be a good time to get in. Its been very well received
    Thats why it climbed back so fast, because of the news on the amount of players playing the game and the good press its getting.

16. Thanks (1): Harpsabu

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    LOL so TTW) beats revenue and has a net bookings growth of 140% Q4 guidance was also raised in both revenue EPS and net bookings. They only missed on the estimates on their distribution channels. Also their FY 19 guidance was raised in terms of Revenue EPS and net bookings. Yet the stock was 9% down after q3 reporting.
    To make matters even worse BMO for some reason saw this Q3 as a reason to downgrade TTWO to underperform which led to the stock taking another big hit.
    I m not sure where this rating came from but BMO has blizzard and EA still at outperform and activision at hold while they put TTWO at underperform.All this has TTWO currently at 90$!

For me this is a no brainer TTWO is gonna reach that 120 mark again this year unless a true disaster happens which i just dont see coming from within TTWO and if it comes from the market then all the stocks are gonna be hit. Also they are very solid set up they have an unannounced game in the pipeline most likely borderlands 3 which i s gonna sell quite well i d guess. Also they said that they expect to be releasing DLC for RDR2 at the end of this quater so we re likely to see a boost in the RDR 2 numbers again. And while RDR2 online is not taken serious by most investors/gamers atm we should not forget that it took a long time for GTA online to take off in the way it did. Matter of fact RDR2 online in terms of user interactions looks a lot like the early days of GTA online.

Bottom line Imho TTWO is very fair priced right now.
    Javier Zanetti

18. Thanks (1): K.I.

Old name
    Khaled

Vatican

Take two was 87 a couple of days ago, like i said and u mentioned perfectly in ur post, its gonna go back up. The hype is one Apex at the moment but in general Take Two is the stronger company.