Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1565

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Lol no. Haven't you been watching the Futures all these days?
    I have a few days, all the other times as soon as the opening times was approaching it would go up, this time seems different tbh. I may be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I think next week or the week after Easter will be the "real test" of the markets. My estimation is for the 13-17th of April and we'll see how the markets will react after that. Whether it's a bigger sell off or a slow recovery.

The USA hasn't seen the worst yet so when they start implementing strict nationwide measures a big sell off should take place. Maybe during that time I will dip my fingers onto some underpriced possibilities.

Also eyeing Crude Oil futures once again, but I won't do anything until mid-April, don't want another scare like last time.
    i keep postponing the time to get in tbh, the more i see the less I like about this market. Either markets are filled with retarded day traders with their technical analyses , or the whole of wall street has gone full retard. The last week rally makes like 0 sense aside as adriano said rebalancing, but still 15-20% surge is just too much when the economy at standstill.

I think oil has to go up, too much in it for Saudi Arabia and Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

we were talking about over-leveraged companies, zombie companies, corporate debt all time highs and the upcoming recession even before the corona virus stuff, that just lit the market up

- - - Updated - - -

this guy is gold
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

2. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post

i keep postponing the time to get in tbh, the more i see the less I like about this market. Either markets are filled with retarded day traders with their technical analyses , or the whole of wall street has gone full retard. The last week rally makes like 0 sense aside as adriano said rebalancing, but still 15-20% surge is just too much when the economy at standstill.

I think oil has to go up, too much in it for Saudi Arabia and Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

we were talking about over-leveraged companies, zombie companies, corporate debt all time highs and the upcoming recession even before the corona virus stuff, that just lit the market up
    Feel the exact same way there s a couple of companies at prices i like but all the economic data is terrible, so i keep delaying entering the market and just add a couple of short positions.

Just sold my gap puts @1.35 got in at 0.55 thanks for that would have missed it if you did not mention gap. Not sure what to do with the CCL puts though.

- - - Updated - - -

this guy is gold
    Like this guy a lot his article and interviews are usually on point he s a bit irritating on twitter at times though like he was posting negative econ data and happy that the market is up 3%.....
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Im shorting stocks before trump speech begins, the bill is about to be passed in senate that will lead to a lot of ppl buying and when trump speaks it will be a meltdown

- - - Updated - - -

shorting gap
    I was so stupidly sure of this that I went balls deep hahah i think i tripled down on the position every time it went up a few percentages, thankfully it paid of fast enough as i was getting nervous.

how did, gap, a brick and mortar retailer, go up 42% in a week, when all states were going into lockdown, that is stupidly easy.

Closed most of my shorts on it, do not want to get greedy. Though I genuinely think they will tank further

- - - Updated - - -

the next two weeks will be complete meltdown. Scimming through companies that have loads of cash as I think some sectors are ripe for consolidation and the ones with cash and good balance sheets may emerge quite strong. Need to do homework though. I think this meltdown will continue steadily.
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

6. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Cutting interest rates, stimulus worth trillions. They've played all their cards except printing absurd amounts of money.

The worst part about this is that for every day something is still shut down, it'll take at least a week to recover. The longer this goes on the harder, the longer it will take to recover. Capitalism isn't built for shit like this. Let them try to save a few thousands lives, while they destroy millions of others though.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    So an another heroic story from Elon is unfolding turns out the ventilators he donated aren t invasive ones so are useless to the ICU patients and when we talk about a scarcity of ventilators we re not talking about the ones elon donated. Thats why he could easily buy those 5 year old machines he donated cause they were steadily available. Mainstream media stil applauding this clown for misleading the pubic and trying to profit from any crisis he can. I m not saying it s bad that he donated what he did but he s the most careless ceo there is, he knows that when he posts i m donating vents everybody thinks those are the things that hospitals are desperate for and he knew he d be celebrated even if he delivered ventilators that help very little.. but ofcourse media aint gonna call him out.
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/0...-covid-19.html cramer touches the subject shortly with resmed CEO..

Also softbank is pulling it s investment in we work.... Softbank is in a world of hurt right now... and imho those are just the first cracks showing a tonn of BS came out of the valley with a bio or more valuation these last couple years and a couple of them aint gonna survive whats coming.
    Especially those posing as easy scalable tech companies but their not ....

Anyways looks like volatility aint gonna leave our side any time soon Us futures up 2% again. FOMO is strong with the retail crowd.

Also carnival cut their price on the additional stock offering to 8$ also their only offering 500 mi instead of the initial 1.25 bio...
    Yet somehow the stock is up 12% on these news pre market at 9.88, who the fuck does that? Like who the fuck bids up a share t 10$ when they know in 5 days a offering s gonna come at 8$ per share?

The question also remains if there was no interest in the offering at original Price and size of the offering of ID CCL decided to raise more debt instead.

Also you know 2020 is batshit cray when British American Tobacco makes a press release about developping a natural covid 19 vaccine https://www.bat.com/group/sites/UK__...bLive/DOBN8QNL

I know it was posted on april 1st. but i doubt the BAT would joke about this shit right now.
    Anyways the irony of a tobacco giant being the first to a vaccine would probably kill me.

Good read from BIS on the de leveraging that we re might witness soon:https://www.bis.org/publ/bisbull02.pdf
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 02 Apr 20 at 10:48.
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

9. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

6.6 million US unemployment claims WHAT THE DICK

- - - Updated - - -

10 million claims in 2 weeks. In recession in america 19 weeks it took to hit 10 million unemployment claims in america at peak of financial crisis.
    On Brozovic:

11. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Brace yourselves.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

13. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Another interesting news, the main competitors of Starbucks in China just got caught in fraud. They lied about previous year growth

The dip in Starbucks will be absolute bargain long-term. Luckin were their main challenger in China, and rn Starbucks has thousands coffee shops in China, with virtually little competitors and its a very good company overall

On Brozovic:

15. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Yeah 10 mio fucken cray futures still green though.

On another note luckin coffe fabricated it s sales last year by 2.2bio rmb
    @- 83% pre market hahahahaahahahahah hope nobody s invested.
    Also i expect more stories like this to unfold during this crisis.

Edot: pimpin beat me to it.

Edit: wanted to add that consensus for last week was 4 to 5 mio the WSJ even had 3.1 mio new claims up on their front page (onine) until the official number of 6.6 was reported.
    So once again clearly worse then expected by most.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

17. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Greece

Impressive. Don't think I've seen anything worse recently.

Starbucks could be an option but do we trust that the Chinese won't find a way to ban them in order to promote some local enterprise before they allow them to monopolize the market?

I'll admit that Starbucks wasn't on my radar but now they may very well end up in my portfolio.

Looking at Alcoa, Bank of America and United States Steel at the moment but as I said, won't pull the trigger for either until later in April.

End of the week we'll have a better idea of how the Oil market will be doing so hopefully that brings some more stability.

Saying this, VIX will probably go over 65 in the next 10 days but I won't be dipping my fingers in. But I could take a gamble by going long on Oil futures by the end of the day.

Conte uomo di merda

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

the fucked up thing is that I was actually seriously considering buying into luckin. I was surprised how it didnt lose value during the chinese outbreak, yet it started to lose once it spread to europe/usa, which is odd considering it has 0 exposure there. I guess now it makes sense haha
    On Brozovic:

21. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Speculating on how many people will die to gain power and cash is so human... And that's why the hard times are coming... Every 100 years, because humanity doesn't learn shit... Time is a flat circle... This will be interesting yet. 1929 will come back, will be interesting to watch on the news how people will jump from the 10th floor on Wall street when they lose everything...

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    the fucked up thing is that I was actually seriously considering buying into luckin. I was surprised how it didnt lose value during the chinese outbreak, yet it started to lose once it spread to europe/usa, which is odd considering it has 0 exposure there. I guess now it makes sense haha
    Yeah same also i found new respect for short sellers in this crisis, say about them what you want but they sure as hell do their fucken home work and a tonn of research for sure way more then the longs....
    https://www.muddywatersresearch.com/ Those guys were saying it fore like a year now that luckin is faking it s numbers.

Also how the fuck are markets up 1%+ again? we really dont care about record breaking jobless reports? And no they wont all be going back to work in 1 or 2 months.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

25. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

Oil is making the world go round.

Conte uomo di merda

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I m just surprised that investors still believe the donald especially when he uses the word likely........

Also imho 10 mio jobless claims dont get made up by oil rallying 25% especially not if it s still at levels where most us shale producers wont be profitable...
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    U meant to say greed?

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    U meant to say greed?

On Brozovic:

33. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Greece

Well, this Oil party will be spOILed soon.

When people realize that demand just isn't there regardless of supply, that is.

Prices could go lower, could go higher. But I wouldn' tbe very optimistic. I think Oil prices will be set somewhere in the low $30s after the storm is gone.

Conte uomo di merda

35. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Well, this Oil party will be spOILed soon.

When people realize that demand just isn't there regardless of supply, that is.

Prices could go lower, could go higher. But I wouldn' tbe very optimistic. I think Oil prices will be set somewhere in the low $30s after the storm is gone.
    Does a 10 mbd cut not seem like a bit much for both Saudi and russia? I mean russia is at 11mbd +/- and so are the saudis.....
    I doubt they both agree to a 50% cut....

Also at this point why not take us shale producers out first?

Markets still seem to believe in a V shaped recovery though despite jobless numbers....I just dont see it especially not with china closing cinemas again and some tourist attractions plus apparently one city went into lockdown again.....
    I mean how does this market warrant a 22 shillers p/e? heading into a recession
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

37. Thanks (1): MVD

Netherlands

Prices could go lower, could go higher.
    This is the type of hard hitting analysis I visit our forum for.

39. Thanks (4): eduzee, MVD, Palacio, Wings