Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1518

Thread: Stocks

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I've been up till now studying ethic dicks for cfa, as my calculator got stuck in poland, as all non essential goods trade are blocked. Anyhow, just now I checked some countries attempts to raise money.

Emerging markets are not looking good, macedonia from what I saw looks appalling. 43% of the intended money was raised, they wanted to raise 1.6 million euros and raised only 700k lol. Albeit this was for 15 years debt, and they kept same interest rate as pre crises. Before this the demand was 4 times the supply of bonds.

they also failed to raise another 16m euros in 12 months bonds.. albeit they again, offered 0.5% on them.. fucking idiots

do people understand that if countries in emerging markets start getting hit, companies with large em exposure (think uniliver), will get hit? And if unilever gets hit, its expenditure will get hit as well? Like they won't spend on ads? Is anyone pricing any multiplier effect?

- - - Updated - - -

Coronavirus: Japan to declare emergency as Tokyo cases soar

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52184375

and this is one of the few countries that stopped the outbreak at first.The past 2 days from which we have data (5th and 6th), there were 750 new cases.. combined to 3150 the whole few months before.. their first cases were in mid february

so unless markets are betting on a vaccinne, i do not see how we return to normal until there is one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    Fucking saudis almost ruined my CCL puts who would have thought the saudis are dumb enough to invest into that shit fest......
    i'd short anything the saudis invest in.

- - - Updated - - -

if gap gets to 9 again, i will re-short the shit out of it :p

also, check ralph lauren's balance sheet, absolute beaut. Might invest if it dips below certain level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    I dipped into some new stocks today. Bad timing as I think they'll drop at some point during the next 10-15 days but I've been too bored

Got my hands into Bank of America, Twitter, bought into the Carnival Saudi hype, Disney and Starbucks. Remarkably, both Disney and Starbucks which are the priciest ones of the lot are 1% up already within just a few hours

I'll check the market sentiment in the timeline I initially anticipated for some other potential investments. Looking at United States Steel, Alcoa and still eyeing on Roku. I was planning on buying Roku honestly instead of BoA, Carnival and Twitter but decided the price rose too high for me to get in so I'll leave it for the future when I run out of researched alternatives.
    having second thoughts on starbucks as of right now, at least for this price, as with all these distancing measures, no idea how much people you can cram up in a starbucks.. or for their famous long lines.. def have my eyes on it, long term it's one of the best companies out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:
    Quote Originally Posted by nurko View Post
    He's like bitcoin in January, sell him on a high while you can.

2. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    On Brozovic:

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Shorting greggs at 1800, pork prices went up their labor costs went up, UK is headed for a few rough weeks, yet their stock trades only 20%lower than peak.
    On Brozovic:

6. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    I've been up till now studying ethic dicks for cfa, as my calculator got stuck in poland, as all non essential goods trade are blocked. Anyhow, just now I checked some countries attempts to raise money.
    Are they still using Texas BA II Plus? For some reason I have it on my desk still. And it's working after so many years haha.
    Noi non siamo gobbi di merda

Conte uomo di merda

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Pretty much pimpins post like there still is so much broken and it more and more looks like social distancing cannot be abandoned till a vaccine is on the market we ve seen remergence of the virus in china japan and sk and we thought they got t under control..

And thanks for mentioning the spending rounds this exactly is what imho everybody is missing the assumption seems to be that we just go back to normality or lets say 90% normal the day we dont have any new infections and thats just not realistic. First of opening will be gradual and slow, International supply will be disrupted for the rest of the year with the virus being present all over, no factory that is shut down for any longer period of time can go from 0 to 100 within a day takes some time till all the machines are up see china every year after chinese new year. There are sectors like the travel industries where people will have to be fired and where jobs wont come back that fast add spending and other investment from those companies will be completely gone. All the companies that had to get a loan will report lower profits cause they ll have t payback a loan that they could not invest productively but that was only taken to cover costs.
    Also there are many more markets then just travel and leisure that are fucked, imho everybody who is in the consumer product space of what would be considered a big ticket item is gonna have a problem.

Also in the us look at consumer credit markets, there s a ton of americans that will pretty son have to default on their cred card debt if they miss out on one or two more paychecks.

On Gps same waiting to short further. On CCL yeah the saudis are dumb problem is that my option expires on the 17th and that 20% price bump cost me like 35% of my profits....
    Fuck me sideways their up another fucking 12% AH who are those complete morons investing in this?

Brehme on Boeing man let me say it like this great products except for that 737 max disaster but one of if not the worst mgm team i ve seen in recent years absolute clusterfuck of bad decisions and pr stunts. And usually i go by the philosophy that mgm is more important then the products.
    Also the space their in imho is gonna take a big hit whose gonna order new planes now? Yes the army might still buy some but comercial airlines? They still got a backlog anyways. Also that whole 737 disaster ain t over yet. And i not sure their military aarm can make up for the loss in commercial aircraft demand.
    Ofcouse on the very long run probably a good buy.

MSFT always a good buy imho slightly expensive but what is not?

Also futures again 2%up...
    Maybe i need to stop watching this shit.
    Also yellen yesterday said she thinks the fed should be allowed to buy stocks fucking stocks boys....
    What other purpose then to artificially prop up markets would the fed buying stocks have?

EDIT: OK thats it for me for the day fucken futures up 4% i m gonna drink beer on my balcony otherwise i ll lose my sanity

Edit2: Nissan North america furloughed 10k hourly workers...

Edit 3: FT pool on Icom effect on americans https://www.ft.com/content/7a7233a3-...3-40f64e041e57
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 07 Apr 20 at 14:39.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Greece

up
    up
    up
    up

Conte uomo di merda

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Are they still using Texas BA II Plus? For some reason I have it on my desk still. And it's working after so many years haha.
    bro id sell ass rn for texas ba II plus.
    On Brozovic:

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    LOL so TAL education just Disclosed that an employe was inflating sales numbers down 23%AH
    Second chinese company in like 2 weeks that admits to fraud......

Also muddywaters who was amongst the first to call out LK and TAL is saying that IQ is just as bad.....
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

16. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

Australia

Forum Supporter Most Humorous Member
    Shorting greggs at 1800, pork prices went up their labor costs went up, UK is headed for a few rough weeks, yet their stock trades only 20%lower than peak.
    Awaiting the start of our youth project.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    LOL so TAL education just Disclosed that an employe was inflating sales numbers down 23%AH
    Second chinese company in like 2 weeks that admits to fraud......

Also muddywaters who was amongst the first to call out LK and TAL is saying that IQ is just as bad.....
    should we short IQ? hahaha I am on a short roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
    again blame china, not me
    On Brozovic:

20. Thanks (2): Adriano@10, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    should we short IQ? hahaha I am on a short roll.
    Bought a couple of puts on iq..
    Only invested a small amount though as i have no idea of their business.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

22. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    And zoom is the next in line of the chinese fraudsters... CEO and CFO sued cause they allegedly coverd up encryption leaks and sold data.

To be honest never understood why so many people are using a chines video chat app without any security concern even more so when others are readily available and very little difference between the products exist.

Also the fraud family that is the musks got a bit more uncovered, so Kimbal elons brother owns a restaurant chain (Next door), where he created a family fund for employees to pay into so that they d have something for harder times. Now guess what happened when he fired around 100 people cause of covid? Surprise surprise he cut them all of the fund stating that the fund is only for current employees. This is one of the scummiest things i ve heard in a long time and is super fucked up. Here you got a billionaire who fucken "steals" from waitresses and cooks.........
    I swear they might be even worse then the trumps when it comes to corruption and scumminess only thing they have over them is they are actually smart.
    If those tesla fans were not as loyal and as stupid as they are i d short the shit out of that crap.

EDIt: Also speaking of tesla strange things are happening there model Y s get delivered 4 days after they got ordered......
    Despite factory shut downs and according to elon huge demand and backlog in production, as with every new launch model y seems to have a lot of production errors one of the being the back seats are not aligned https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thre...livery.190134/.
    On top of that elon is increasing the price for FSD, guys he s increasing the price of a non existent product CEO genius. I honestly suspect that just to be a quick cash grab as again FSD does not exist and elon just hopes to fool people into giving him another couple of 1000s for a product that does not exist before he "hikes" the price.

It s just very weird how few people see tesla and elon for what they are and even weirder how few in the media call him out.

Edit 2: https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/04/0...d-natixis.html
    Trinh on china normalization
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 08 Apr 20 at 10:11.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

Tesla will slash employee pay and furlough employees

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/08/tesl...y-workers.html
    tesla cutting pay furloughing employees until end of q2..
    On Brozovic:

26. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    tesla cutting pay furloughing employees until end of q2..
    Yeah saw that and as far as i know that counts for space x too. Also of course he fired all the hourly contract workers first when his factory was ordered to halt production.

But TeSLa has enough cash to get through all this no matter what......
    Not sure if i mentioned it before but deutsche bank said both ford and GM have cash for less than 30 days left on hand.

Also futures turned green up 1% atm gonna be interesting to see if they do a reversal like yesterday.

Edit: If you still wanna short stuff pimpin zoom is up 5% despite being sued and the german foreign ministry restricting it s use due to security concerns.

Id guess many will follow and i still dont see the edge zoom has on skype/hangout/houseparty
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 08 Apr 20 at 14:15.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

28. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I am a bit careful shorting companies that have huge upwards potential on whims rather than fundamentals, as moronic as it may sound.. they defy all rationality, like tesla, but it can burn you
    On Brozovic:

30. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

i have no idea what is going on, literally what the fuck. There are restaurants like chipotle, trading 2-3% up for the year, at 728, p/e at 50's.. with their business locked down, and no clear idea when things will restart. Don't get me wrong, I am probably the biggest chipotle fan in the world, they have 0 debt too (like genuinely 0 debt), yet still that valuation is bonkers for atm.

the s&p is down just 5% for this year (since 8th of april, 2019), nasdaq is up 1.7%.. yet we are going thru a pandemic with everything closed down... and both of these indexes were at all time highs a year ago..

im either missing something.. or this is all a colossal fuck up
    On Brozovic:

32. Thanks (2): Fapuccino, MVD

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

Like I told you man, there's no logic behind the stock market

This is capitalism in a nutshell. Ideally it should operate on math most of the time, but it's mostly either paranoia or unwarranted optimism.
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

Greece

It's not "capitalism", it's human nature and behavior.

Conte uomo di merda

35. Thanks (2): ADRossi, MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    i have no idea what is going on, literally what the fuck. There are restaurants like chipotle, trading 2-3% up for the year, at 728, p/e at 50's.. with their business locked down, and no clear idea when things will restart. Don't get me wrong, I am probably the biggest chipotle fan in the world, they have 0 debt too (like genuinely 0 debt), yet still that valuation is bonkers for atm.

the s&p is down just 5% for this year (since 8th of april, 2019), nasdaq is up 1.7%.. yet we are going thru a pandemic with everything closed down... and both of these indexes were at all time highs a year ago..

Blind buying as you say current valuations make zero sense sales are down 50% at least across the board and investors are jumping back in.
    Imho animal spirits are at work first of a huge FOMO combined with way to much cheap money on the market will give you those shit 10% up 10% down days.
    Secondly good news seem to be hugly overvalued any news of a mabe re opening and markets go cray without knowing what kind of opening while shit unemployment or production numbers dont seem to have any impact on the market or lets say minimal impact.
    I also think there s a huge framing error by most investors most think re opening = back to normal, but thats just not the case at least if we take our clues from china re opening means slowly getting back to 70 to 80% of normality and how in hell markets look at this as favourable i have no clue.
    Also to think that companies and households will come out of this with the same apetite to invest and to consume as before is just plain stupid. Look what happend after GFC those who could tried to pay down their debt because of the situation they just witnessed imho same will happen here. Especially with us cred card debt at record highs.

Decent article on Balance sheets and what might (should) happen to them: https://adventuresincapitalism.com/2...eet-evolution/
    TLDR: Deleveraging will take place after this wich will affect ROE negatively and should lead to lower multiples.

Anyways i m taking my clues from china and past crisis and nothing indicates a V shaped recovery, so while it costs me nerves and sanity i ll stay on the sideline and a tiny bit short where the facts are for some more time.

Also i might be wrong and investors say hey we have the fed that helps us fuck assessing risks lets pump this back up. But i dont see how we already witnessed the bottom. One other explanation might be inflation expectations or jus too much money on the market and t bills with low yields so that investor rather throw it at a company with 25 p/e that has a implicit state guarantee.

Just in historic contexts we ve usually seen big draw downs like we did now followed by recoveries just to get slammed back down to new lows once optimism leaves the market. Also whusedays reversal was the biggest ever in history and the only other 5 times when the s&p was up 3% and closed in the red the S&P was lower two weeks later. I know sample size....

Anyways one thing i can tell you most in the financial world are just as baffled as you are as to wtf is happening. The only ones who are comfortable trading currently are the ones saying dont worry as long as the feds money printer goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR theres nothing to worry about.
    The other explanations are dude stocks are cheap ad when you ask why they think that they come with some moving average technical analysis bs..

But yeah Imho animal spirits sooner or later reality will catch up and fundamentals will matter.
    I mean again the FT run an article yesterday on zoom and its security problems and somehow the stock still closed 3% up yesterday. There s too many idiots with deep pockets..............
    Best example of that is the saudis buying (investing) in CCL instead of waiting 2/3 more months when they are really desperate. Like what is there assumption when the fuck will people gladly go back on these fucken swimming germ pools?

Edit also the same thing goes for oil yes there s optimism but nothing has happened so far. They stil all have over capacity to the point where countries run out of storage space for oil. Russia said it would be ready to cut 2 mbpd but only if everybody cuts and Trump said saudi and russia are gonna cut 10 mbpd so where s the other 8 coming from.
    On top of all that i dont see the us cutting back it s production. Basically the paper value of oil and the value of actual oil are highly disconnected ATM. Phisical oil almost impossible to sell paper oil up some 30% for the last two weeks.
    Makes zero sense it s blind buying once again nobody knows how big the cuts are gonna be and when they re gonna be agreed upon, just like nobody knows when consumption will com back and to what levels it will come back. Yet everybody is sure that oil is cheap........

EDIT2: WSJ survey of economist expect anther 5mio new jobless claims from last week..... This would bring the total of the last 3 weeks to 15 mio and the wsj survey consistently underestimeted the numbers in the last two weeks.
    Remember when those 20 mio unemployed seemed like almost a worst case scenario ? Now we re gonna reach it in the next week almost for certain.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 09 Apr 20 at 11:49.
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

37. Thanks (2): MVD, Pimpin

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

adding on the V shaped recovery bs that we keep hearing, this is the current sentiment of british people.. so reluctant to spend..

- - - Updated - - -

6.6 million unemployment claims..

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING: Fed will buy up to $600 billion worth of loans through "Main Street Lending Program" and offer up to $500 billion in lending to states and municipalities through a "Municipal Liquidity Facility"

buy gold

- - - Updated - - -

Starbucks will stop the buy backs, removed the outlook for the rest of the year, in usa, q2 sales to fall 46%, sales fell 3% in q1, which tells you how fast the last 2-3 weeks had an impact.. in last week they had 60 to 70% decline in sales..

in china sales were down 50%, during peak in mid feb, down 90%, in end of march sales were down 42 %.. which means it wont be a v shaped thing like people are thinking..
    On Brozovic:

39. Thanks (1): MVD