Thread: You can't beat this feeling!

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

You can't beat this feeling!

Over the years since Berlusconi took over at AC Milan darkness has descended over the football world. For as soon as Milan's winning reputation was established out of the woodwork came various specimens of the Great Unwashed, professional arse-lickers and loosers of all kind trying to find refuge in the football world. Still, even in the darkest hours there were rays of light, situations that to the joy of all decent football fans blew straight up in the faces of such people.

The Marseille episode in 1991 was great to show the sheer unsportsmanship and dirty trickery that like a cancer festers at that club. Two years later Marseille fatal showed up again amidst milanisti bragging on about their 100% record that season in the CL. Ajax in 1995 was huge fun but it had the aura of inevitability since they already beat them twice that season. Seasons 96/97 and 97/98 were one long festival of others ripping them to shreds whenever they could and to an extent so were 00/01 and 01/02. But this season was simply special.

After all, Milan, just fresh of completing 2 all conquering seasons has bought the Bald One to shore up what little thier defense leaked(or so it seemed) and was confidently announcing a grand slam last august. At that point head in the oven did look like an option worth considering. However, as it usually is the case, they were done by their own arrogance and presuntuousness. As they began they were already seeing the second star sawn into their shirts. Then, as their league campaign began tp falter, all of a sudden they began deriding the domestic competiton they said they will walk over and began repeating that "the real success is in Europe." Success in Europe? So remind me again, what did they win?

Then as their rivals began to falter a bit the Grand Slam was back on the agenda and as the euroderby passed their gloating became louder then ever. But treating the Coppa Italia with disdain got them the just payback and they almost repeated the mistake of selling a supposedly inferior CL rival short. As winning in the league was getting harder and harder a defeat to Juve at San Siro was a disaster waiting to happen.

Istanbul was their Last Chance saloon.As they were going fear had already crept in and it was clearly manifested int hem claiming the season was a succes regardless of what goes on in the final. In spite making it almost a done deal they still managed to repeat the unforgettable night at La Coruna in just 6 minutes. And then in the end, the stories of them celebrating at half time, post match statments slamming Dancing Dudek, quality of Liverpool players...Did it look like to you they think the season was successful? I rest my case.

So that , my antimilanisti brothers and sisters, is what made this past season so special. In September we were told Milan will walk through every trophy in the universe only to find out in March that the Coppa Italia does not really matter. Fast forward 6 weeks later and it was Serie A's turn to find out it doesn't count either. When that road took them nowhere they buggered off to Bosphorus with their celebratory banners and shirts already prepared and guess what: losing in Istanbul did not matter either, it was "fighting to the end that was important". Right, so it was...

Special? You bet! Or am I just being twisted?
    Moggi, magari' mori' oggi!!!!!
    Galliani magari' mori' domani!!!!
    Lotito verme!!!!

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Israel

10 years of FIF
    Haha the best think about Inter winning a scudetto in the future would be Galliani's face while giving our players the medals.
    Thank you Liverpool !

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I am starting to more and more understand the so-called arrogance shown by Milanista. I browsed another forum right after their defeat. In it, they bashed Juventus saying they were a team that had the most losses in the CL history.

I took it that they refer to the current version, because they said Juve lost three finals. Those were against Borussia Dortmun, Real and Milan. Now, if my team is one loss away from tying that record, I'd keep this arrogance to myslef.

However, just like keeping a 3-goal lead, that easy task was hard for our Milanista friends, and they bashed Juventus. Now, Milan share that dubious honour as well. They now have lost CL finals to Marseille, Ajax and Liverpool.

I am not saying having that record is shameful, it could be argued whether that's a record to be proud of or not. However, if I am so close to sharing a record I call shameful, I'd keep it to myself.

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

Hamed, Juve lost 5 finals and Milan lost 4.
    Lotito verme!!!!

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Bravo, great article to read for tutti Interisti.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by Milos75
    Hamed, Juve lost 5 finals and Milan lost 4.
    That's total in european cups I believe. But the Milanista was referring to the current CL I reckon since he mentioned 3. Anyways, they shouldn't be bragging seeing as they are ever so close to sharing that honour!

Fav. Player
    Gerrard, Smicer

I am counting all the Champions league and Champions Cup finals. Juve lost 5: in 1973 vs Ajax, in 1983 vs HSV, in 1997 vs. Borussia Dortmund, in 1998 vs Real Madrid and in 2003 vs Milan. Milan lost four: in 1958 vs Real Madrid, in 1993 vs Olympique Marseille, in 1995 vs Ajax and in 2005 vs Liverpool.
    Lotito verme!!!!

guys its just milan..please dont take them seriously..bunch of idiots wearing soccer shirts..simple joke of football
    MERDA ROSSONERA-TI ODIO

RISPETTO PER TUTTI...PIETA PER NESSUNO

PER L'HONORE DELLA MAGLIA SIAMO PRONTI ALLA BATTAGLIA

Vinci ad Atene, godi in Europa...torni in Italia e ti scopri un idiota -36

apart from the article which is brilliant , the english is excellent. i loved it.
    MY LIFE IS INTER

So regret that i don't know the Marseille episode..