Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

Thread: Roberto Gagliardini

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    They are not wrong though. We are falling into mediocrity.
    he's been a part of that in his last matches last year though.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

Wallace
    Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're gonna compare the history and brand of Leeds United to Inter?!? My statement is true of maybe a dozen clubs worldwide. Leeds, with 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup, and NO European hardware, are not one of them.

I understand we're all depressed about the recent state of affairs, but let's not lose track of how lucky (or opportunistic) we are for supporting a club that will always be competitive, or close to it. You seriously think that if at Christmas we're 7th and Spalletti gets fired then the Inter brand is dead forever? Let's get serious...
    The Inter Brand has already been dead for a couple of years.

- - - Updated - - -

You're gonna compare the history and brand of Leeds United to Inter?!? My statement is true of maybe a dozen clubs worldwide. Leeds, with 3 league titles, 1 FA Cup, and NO European hardware, are not one of them.

I understand we're all depressed about the recent state of affairs, but let's not lose track of how lucky (or opportunistic) we are for supporting a club that will always be competitive, or close to it. You seriously think that if at Christmas we're 7th and Spalletti gets fired then the Inter brand is dead forever? Let's get serious...
    Wallace

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Panama

46 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No need to remind us twice of our embarrasment

4. Thanks (1): nerazzurri4life

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Fine then Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa. I wouldn't assume that we're untouchable, this just may be our last chance. Even Arsenal have fallen into mediocrity for the past 10 years, it's not the same I know but never get comfortable with our position. Although telling you this doesn't help as you can't do anything about it of course, but I'm scared for us.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    God, guys let's calm down the dooms day predictions, the 90s were terrible for us but we still survived and honestly yes, I'm gonna say it we've got an economic powerhouse behind us and a fan base that goes beyond Leeds, Forest and Villa and we've never been close to getting relegated so calm down. As long as we're in a top division there is always a chance of turning the ship around.

Can't wait to have this post quoted when we're in Serie C.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

7. Thanks (1): Stefan

Fav. Player
    L'Imperatore
    Old name
    Hadrian

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Fine then Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa
    Nottingham Forest has won the league exactly ONCE and AV ONCE since 1910 (their 5 league titles in the 1800s is hardly relevant to their global brand perception today)

Forest & Villa have won as many European cups (3) between them as Inter have won alone.

Not to mention Inter's 18 Scudetti & 7 Italian Cups.... it's not even a comparison.

I wouldn't assume that we're untouchable
    Not untouchable, but Inter are a top 20 global brand and 3 more seasons of mediocrity are not going to change that. "Last chance" is an absurd overstatement.
    "I don't think drugs are the problem."

9. Thanks (2): rfU, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Nottingham Forest has won the league exactly ONCE and AV ONCE since 1910 (their 5 league titles in the 1800s is hardly relevant to their global brand perception today)

Forest & Villa have won as many European cups (3) between them as Inter have won alone.

Not to mention Inter's 18 Scudetti & 7 Italian Cups.... it's not even a comparison.

Not untouchable, but Inter are a top 20 global brand and 3 more seasons of mediocrity are not going to change that. "Last chance" is an absurd overstatement.
    They still won European Cups and fell doooown. Just means it isn't impossible, I know our history is much much better than theirs is, doesn't stop me from being worried man.

But good players DO NOT want to come to us anymore, and we won't be that big a brand if we keep failing to reach champions league, worst part is, it was only top 3 before now it's top 4 and I see our chances as EVEN LESS.
    At first players may have thought "ahh it's just a fluke season or two. Inter is Inter" but at this point it isn't fluke we're consistently mediocre. Actually that's a lie we're pretty fucking bad but the rest of Serie A is so far below us in quality we SEEM mediocre in standings. I'm never comfortable watching our games almost. I really hope we can by some miracle pull in one or two class fucking players. If not I see Juve, Roma, Napoli and FUCKING MILAN solidifying those top 4 spots years to come. I don't want us to fight for Europa League anymore.

I dunno ramblings of a guy losing faith that we'll be strong again.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

They still won European Cups and fell doooown. Just means it isn't impossible, I know our history is much much better than theirs is, doesn't stop me from being worried man.

But good players DO NOT want to come to us anymore, and we won't be that big a brand if we keep failing to reach champions league, worst part is, it was only top 3 before now it's top 4 and I see our chances as EVEN LESS.
    At first players may have thought "ahh it's just a fluke season or two. Inter is Inter" but at this point it isn't fluke we're consistently mediocre. Actually that's a lie we're pretty fucking bad but the rest of Serie A is so far below us in quality we SEEM mediocre in standings. I'm never comfortable watching our games almost. I really hope we can by some miracle pull in one or two class fucking players. If not I see Juve, Roma, Napoli and FUCKING MILAN solidifying those top 4 spots years to come. I don't want us to fight for Europa League anymore.

I dunno ramblings of a guy losing faith that we'll be strong again.
    I know where you're coming from but I think you're going too far. We made two solid signings and I expect two more, the team showed some good signs last season and we have a fantastic manager I think we can have a decent to good season. Nevertheless, feel free to quote me in November when we're on our 3rd manager and make history by losing to Benevento.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

12. Thanks (1): Zoro

Fav. Player
    Emre + Martins
    Old name
    Wolf's Rain

Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    I know where you're coming from but I think you're going too far. We made two solid signings and I expect two more, the team showed some good signs last season and we have a fantastic manager I think we can have a decent to good season. Nevertheless, feel free to quote me in November when we're on our 3rd manager and make history by losing to Benevento.
    Honestly I hope you're right man, I also believe we'll sign a couple more good players. I was sure we'd get 4 good players (I dunno if I'd count Skriniar as I haven't really seen him play, agree on Valero though) I'm just not sure 4 will now be enough with Milan playing the market the way they are. I think maybe Roma will be the weak link this year and that's who we'll have to overtake this time around.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

Yeah, we will have to wait and see. I dont blame people for being pessimistic but we all saw what Inter could do when motivated.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    3, 4, 9, 10, 11

Kuwait

FIF Special Ones Comedic Post of the Year
    Just to clarify and answer Jerry's original post, Spalletti did say "last chance" but in a slightly different context than the one Football Italia insinuated which isn't a first.

On July 7th Spalletti was talking about the current squad and where to place the blame and he said the following:

"There are players who have witnessed five or six level of coaches. It's also their fault if they do not achieve results. This is the only and last chance we have to do well, not only for me but also for many executives and a lot of Inter's people."

Is it drastic? Perhaps but his words may have been aimed at the players for motivational reasons or the board to act faster in the mercato or maybe he was confirming that some people (like Ausilio) may lose their jobs next year if they don't achieve certain results.

16. Thanks (3): Demokritos, Jerry, Stefan

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo 9

China

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Y&h View Post
    Just to clarify and answer Jerry's original post, Spalletti did say "last chance" but in a slightly different context than the one Football Italia insinuated which isn't a first.

On July 7th Spalletti was talking about the current squad and where to place the blame and he said the following:

Is it drastic? Perhaps but his words may have been aimed at the players for motivational reasons or the board to act faster in the mercato or maybe he was confirming that some people (like Ausilio) may lose their jobs next year if they don't achieve certain results.
    i thought he warns it is the last chance for the likes of kdog, brozo, nagatomo, rano etc..

Fav. Player
    Murillo

Colombia

This kid is seriously the only reason I haven't given up on this team. We need more signings like this then all the cluster fucks we have had for 6+ years
    can we stop buying fking MFs!!!

19. Thanks (1): ElDuccio

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

Quote Originally Posted by crzdcolombian View Post
    This kid is seriously the only reason I haven't given up on this team. We need more signings like this then all the cluster fucks we have had for 6+ years
    I would say chill bro...but I actually completely agree with you. I love this guy, so glad he is on this team. Really think that spaletti can help him get to the next level.

Fav. Player
    Kova Magic

United States

looked so good today, i love his turns into space such a smart player.