Thread: Tierra Del Fuego

1 times
    Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Tierra Del Fuego

I'm sure some of you know of this place. It's at the very bottom of South America and is commonly known as 'the end of the earth'. Obviously the earth is round so there is no 'end' but you get the idea.

Ushuaia, Capital of Tierra del Fuego, is the southernmost City in the world. From the "end of the world" train (Tierra del Fuego Line) visitors are presented with breathtaking views of snow covered mountains, rivers and lakes and a vast natural forest at the Andes ridge. Two distinctive landscapes constitute this State (the Andes run from east to west as opposed to south-north in the rest of South America), the northern part called estepa patagonica and the southern region with its typical mountain geography. The island was discovered in 1520 by conquistador Hernando de Magallanes while he was looking for a path that would connect the Atlantic with the Pacific Ocean.

Anyone been there or something? The place looks really nice.

Here's a live webcam.

2 times
    Fav. Player

oh yeah...I know it pretty good
    "It is better to improve what you have than to wish for the things you don't have"

Toldone, Capitano (Pupi), Cafe, Patron, Ill Muro, Matrix, Cuchu, Deki, Sulley, Lucho, Chino, Mario, Ibra.

Forza Inter!!!

10 times
    Fav. Player

Great topic Primo, I like geography and beatuiful scenery. I've heared alot about Tierre del Fuego, and it's surely a fascinating place.

In fact, I was watching the news couple of weeks ago, and they were talking about a dilemma la tierra is facing. Long time ago, and encouraged by the booming North American fur trade, few Argentinian officials did a funny thing.

They went to Canada and got beavers, and moved them to la Tierra to start a colony there. However, not knowing that nature has factors humans don't know, things didn't work out well. Now, la Tierra is infested with thousands of unwanted beavers, and they actually pay people to kill few beavers!

Lesson: Never try and copy, or mess around with, Nature.

1,503 times
    Fav. Player
    El Principe

30 FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Great topic indeed, I didn't know a thing about it.

Amazing pic huh?

22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion