Thread: 04/05: Pros and Cons

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

04/05: Pros and Cons

Let's all list the pros and cons of this season. Then we can review the season. I'll get things started.

Pros
    MILAN - Francesco Toldo and the Inter defence have finished off the 2004/05 Serie A campaign by setting the seasonal record of minutes played without conceding a goal. Including the 0-0 draw at home to Reggina, no team has scored against Inter for 450 minutes. The Nerazzurri rearguard therefore overtakes the AC Milan defence, which during the course of the season remained unbeaten for 430 minutes

only 2 losses - this is a very good sign.

no major/long-term injuries - look at Barca, they had about 4 players out for about 6 months each.

We beat Juventus 1-0 at the Delle Alpi.

We were the last team in the Champions League to lose a match. Every other team lost before we did.

We finished top of our CL group, with ease.

We played very good football for the most part, despite not always getting the right result we always played with the right mentality.

Oba has been maturing very well.

Our Primavera players have looked promising.

We beat Samp. 3-2 in perhaps the best last-minute comeback ever.

Cons
    We didn't score once against Milan. When we finally did score, it didn't count. Also, they beat us '3' times and were lucky mother f-ckers every time.

We didn't score a goal past Reggina in the two meetings. This is a team we beat 6-0 last season.

Burdisso had to go on leave for such a long time. His presence could have been very useful. It's also a shame he didn't mould his regular place in the 11.

We finished 3rd in Serie A.

Obviously, what happened in the 'euro derby' match.

Adriano lost form after looking so incredible early in the season.

FONTANA being a bitch.

The certain fans of Inter who constantly complain about Mancini. God I'm sick of them.

Recoba breaking his ankle, just before Vieri and Adriano had long spells on the sidelines. A period when Recoba could have had his time to shine for Inter and prove all his doubters wrong. Not to mention get himself into Mancini's good book.

------------------------------------------------

I'll leave the rest to you guys.

I think our comeback against Samp should be in the "pro" section.
    FC Inter is the name, football is the game. Adriano is the man, winning is our aim. Juve and Milan are lame, Sheva is the gay.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Quote Originally Posted by Jony
    I think our comeback against Samp should be in the "pro" section.
    you're absolutely right.