Bonera--------------------------------------------------Chiellini
    --------------------------------------De Rossi-------------------
    ----------------------Pirlo----------------------------------------
    Camoranesi------------------------------------------Zambrotta
    ---------------------------------------Vieri-----------------------
    ------------------Gilardino---------------------------------------

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

I like the line-up and I think it will end a draw. Italy never seem to win away from home.

By the way, it should be Norway - Italy... but it's all right.

Syria

10 years of FIF
    is that the officia lineup?

primo-inter, ur a bit late in putting your player of the week, cause the seasons over

where in .au are you.

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by helal25
    is that the officia lineup?
    No it isn´t ´cause Nesta and Gilardino are both out of this match.

Materazzi and Cassano will probably be in starting 11. Lippi is insane to play Materazzi i think. There´s players that are much better than Materazzi is.
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Peppino Prisco: "Io non rubo il campionato, e in Serie B non son mai stato"

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

I think it's more or less this:

Buffon
    Bonera Materazzi Cannavaro Chiellini
    Camoranesi De Rossi Pirlo Zambrotta
    Cassano Vieri

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    More or less. I think Grosso will be there instead of Chiellini though.

And here´s Norway´s probable lineup ->

NORVEGIA (4-2-3-1): 1 Myre; 2 Bergdolmo, 3 Hagen, 4 Lundekvarm, 5 Riise; 6 Andresen, 8 Haestad; 7 Solli, 9 Gamst-Pedersen, 10 Iversen; 11 Carew.

I was enthuastic seeing this match from Rai Uno, but sadly it´s encrypted outside of Italia.

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

My prediction, 0-2 [Pirlo & Vieri]
    Peppino Prisco: "La gioia più grande? Scontata. Il Milan in B. E per ben due volte: una... a pagamento e una... gratis. Sono dell 'idea che una retrocessione cancelli almeno cinque scudetti conquistati e che la vittoria di una Mitropa Cup elimini i residui"

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

South Africa

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamed
    More or less. I think Grosso will be there instead of Chiellini though.

And here´s Norway´s probable lineup ->

NORVEGIA (4-2-3-1): 1 Myre; 2 Bergdolmo, 3 Hagen, 4 Lundekvarm, 5 Riise; 6 Andresen, 8 Haestad; 7 Solli, 9 Gamst-Pedersen, 10 Iversen; 11 Carew.

I was enthuastic seeing this match from Rai Uno, but sadly it´s encrypted outside of Italia.

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

My prediction, 0-2 [Pirlo & Vieri]
    ESPN will this match live tonight.
    Forza Inter per sempre!!!!
    Jose responding after the derby:"We could only have lost by having six people on the park, as even with seven, we would have won. "
    New Domain name
    www.forzainterforums.com

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

Well the match may have ended 0-0, but the real losers of this match were us.

MILAN - Saturday evening's European World Cup qualifier between Norway and Italy in Oslo finished 0-0. Nerazzurri Azzurri Christian Vieri and Marco Materazzi were both substituted in the second half as the striker suffered a left thigh muscle strain and the defender sustained a right thigh problem.

Add two more names to our growling list of injury woes.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Ayrton Senna

Finland

Yeah, those two were injured.

About the match. I saw 15-20 minutes of highlights and Italia were...well, awful! I was sad the way Italia played, but i was even sadder when i went to channel4 and saw what Lippi the moron said:

“This is a good draw and I am very satisfied” and “I saw a determined Italy side that created two or three scoring opportunities and ran very few risks at the back”

What an utter crap he´s talking about!!! Determinded Italy? Pff! Two or three scoring chances is enough? Pfff!!! I´m very satisfied? Fuck off Lippi!! Pfffffff!!!!

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

While watching the Serbia-Belgium game, I heared the commentators saying that Lippi said he'd be satisfied with a draw!

Same crap mentality that is haunting Italy. Get rid of it, this cautious approach brought nothing but shame.

They need a coach like Mancini, they need a freaking total alteration.

That doper Vialli could be a good alternative, he was playing great soccer with Chelsea.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    “This is a good draw and I am very satisfied” and “I saw a determined Italy side that created two or three scoring opportunities and ran very few risks at the back”

What an utter crap he´s talking about!!! Determinded Italy? Pff! Two or three scoring chances is enough? Pfff!!! I´m very satisfied? **** off Lippi!! Pfffffff!!!!

Germany 2006: Forza Brasile!
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Hamed, you were watching the Serbia vs Belgium game...how did Nemanja Vidic play?

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Quote Originally Posted by catanha10
    Hamed, you were watching the Serbia vs Belgium game...how did Nemanja Vidic play?
    He played solid, but the whole Serbian defence is mean, and haven't conceded a single goal all qualification if I am not mistaken. It's the merit of the whole line, not one player.

But there were moments when they let the average Belgian forwards have clear shots, I think both teams suffered from fatigue.

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Well this result comes at absolutely no surprise to me. Italy always does this chit, they play with a great line-up but can't create nothing.

Lippi pisses me off with his conservative attitude. He reminds me of a school student who's always happy to get any grade as long as it's over 50% (aka me ).

Fav. Player
    Santigol

Italy's problem is that they have a squad, but not a starting XI.
    Lippi thinks that by giving so many players a go, its a good thing..you need to balance the team, and changing it every time hardly makes the players get used to each other. He's a puppet, he's trying to convince people he's not by leaving out the likes of Totti and Del Piero, but everytime a player comes out in the media saying I need to be picked, pick me..ie- Lucarelli, Di Michele etc...Lippi obliges and does what they're telling him to do.
    For the sake of me I can't understand why Italy just don't go out with this team.

Buffon
    Diana Cannavaro Nesta Grosso
    Esposito Ambrosini Gattuso Zambrotta
    Cassano Toni

De Sanctis
    Barzagli
    Bonera
    Camoranesi
    De Rossi
    Totti
    Vieri

Diana is better than Bonera. Grosso has lately been better than Chiellini, ever since Chiellini knew he was going to go back to Juve, he has played like sh1t. Esposito provides great wing attack that Italy haven't had since Donadoni. Zambrotta is wonderful crosser, and will compliment Grosso who is a very attacking left back, Zambrotta could cover. Ambrosini is the best Italian midfielder, so underused it sickens me. Cassano is a champion, likewise Toni.

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Good analysis Catanha, but where is Totti, and Gatusso should neve show his face in the NT.

Here is a better line-up:

Buffon
    Diana -- Canna -- Nesta -- Grosso
    Camronesi -- De Rossi -- Zambrotta
    ----------------Totti--------------------
    Cassano -------------- Vieri

But God forbid, the FIGC will have a heartattack from seeing this line-up. It may look offensive, but offensive italian players know how to defend.

Fav. Player
    Santigol

If Gattuso should never show his face in the NT, then Totti should never even leave his house. Totti is a disgrace to Italy, has never performed well for them, Euro 2000 was his best tournament, and even that was far from special. Gattuso has heart and guts, and when next to Ambrosini, a real gentelmen and machine, rather than a fairy in Pirlo, Gattuso has done well.
    Camoranesi is a decent midfielder, but he is overhyped IMO, he has some awesome matches like his game against Real, but they are few and far between, where was he in Euro, where was he in some of Juventus' other big matches this season, he is another Pirlo, can't perform for the NT. De Rossi is one of the only Italian midfielders with flair, but this season he has caught the Roma flu, against Norway, he was embarassing. Toni and Vieri is a tossup, Toni wins it for me due to age, but that should have no barring. Esposito must be there, something about him reminds me of Donadoni, must be his attacking prowess.

If I got the Italian team sheet, and had to put the first player in, it'd be Ambrosini..the guy is a monster, he hasn't done too well..but he needs a few games in a row, Milan wouldn't have even won the 02/03 CL if it wasn't for Ambrosini's performance in 01/02 to get to the CL, he was playing with the biggest hacks and single handidly got them in, he should be captain, not Cannavaro.

[end rant/]

Fav. Player
    Internazionale

Totti is still class, he has the talent and skill, unlike Gatusso. Italy should play with one DM, and he has to be a bit gifted offensively, and I only see De Rossi doing that.

I didn't know that Ambrosini is that good. I think I've seen him play 5 or 6 times, mostly as a sub, but you seem to have a good regard of him.

As for Scumronesi, I agree that he shouldn't play for the NT. He tends to disappear from games, and Italy shouldn't play with pure wingers either. That's why having a player like Esposito is a bonus.

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    But judging by their forms, surely Camoranesi deserved to start because he has been undoubtedly the best right winger in Serie A last season.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    J. Zanetti, Fig

Wow catanha I'm very surprised of how highly you speak of Ambrosini. I've never thought much of him, mainly because I rarely see him play.

This would be my line-up.

Cassano-Gilardino
    Totti
    Zambrotta-Pirlo-Camoranesi
    Chiellini-Nesta-Cannavaro-Diana
    Buffon

There will always be arguments about what line-up Italy should field, there are so many good players. Cassano and Gilardino impress me a lot, particularly Gilagol, but if either one of them underperforms there are plenty of strikers who can replace them.

By the way... Materazzi had a pretty good game with Italy against Norway. We should keep him for next season. He's a pretty smart player if you look past how many stupid things he's done.