View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim's style (An individual topic for each rumour)

4 19.05%
  • Keep the current style (4 rumours topic & individual topics for each official transfer)

15 71.43%
  • Old style (A general rumour topic, individual topic for each strong rumour & official transfer)

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

Suggestion

As you surely have known by now, there have been a lot of topics in this forum that are closed by the moderators. Yes, most of them are by me.

My guess is that you guys want a more diversified and specific discussion about a player when you open a new topic instead of just discussing him in the throw-it-all-here Transfers Rumours Topic. So my suggestion is, if you want a field for more specific discussions, let's create 4 separate topics, one for each positions in the field.

That way, all the Gerrard or Riquelme or Essien rumour will go to one topic. Same goes when it comes to the Rio Ferdinands or Roberto Ayalas. It is of course still advisable to open new topics if the rumour has a very strong foundation like the Chivu rumour.

So what do you guys think?

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

FIF Special Ones 10 years of FIF
    Personally I wouldn't do different topics for different positions.

What I would do is an Inter Transfers Rumours Topic, a Serie A Transfers Rumours Topic, and a Rest of the World Transfers Rumours Topic.

This should make things tidy and make it possible to discuss transfers in more depth.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    22/05/10 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    242 pages for transfer rumours...
    we should open new one for 2005-2006 season rumours and close the old one
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Haiti

10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cro nerazzurri
    Agreed. It's the silly tansfer season right now, and it would definately create more activity if we had the flexibility of opening up a different thread. However, there should be a strict rule of only one thread per player which would keep things pretty neat.
    Nulla impossibile per questa Inter

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    agree.
    "If we win I will be the first to leave the pitch. If we lose, I will be the last. I'm no masochist, but the difficult moments don't scare me."

Fav. Player
    J.Zanetti

Nepal

21 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by cro nerazzurri
    I agree with this one ....

Handoyo, I think that rumours are better to be kept in only one thread, rather than spreading it into four sections, as you suggested. It's a totally different case for individual rumour threads though, coz there; we shall only discuss on particular players, after we are strongly rumoured to them.

Just a suggestion ...

We better lock this thread rite away .... the new transfer market season has all but STARTED !!

Greece

10 years of FIF
    I suggest we write rumours in the BIG thread and if people agree, and above all, the moderators, then have a thread for him.
    In simple words, don;t just open a thread for Makukula just because some sites talk about it

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by yuko
    I suggest we write rumours in the BIG thread and if people agree, and above all, the moderators, then have a thread for him.
    In simple words, don;t just open a thread for Makukula just because some sites talk about it
    That's what we're doing right now, isn't it?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    29/08/09 Milan 0 Inter 4 Thiago Motta, Milito (p), Maicon, Stankovic - Dominated and outclassed
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Frisko
    Personally I wouldn't do different topics for different positions.

What I would do is an Inter Transfers Rumours Topic, a Serie A Transfers Rumours Topic, and a Rest of the World Transfers Rumours Topic.

This should make things tidy and make it possible to discuss transfers in more depth.
    But the Transfers & Rumours forum is exclusively made for Inter's tranfer activity. If you want to discuss Serie A's or any other transfer, feel free to do it in the European Leagues forum, not here.

About the new Transfers Rumours Topic, I agree (Even though I personally don't see the difference between 10437 and 3 pages of rumours) but let's open it only after this discussion is settled. We should get an idea first on whether opening 4 different ones or just 1 topic.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Singapore

This is my take on the issue.

Seeing as it is the main transfer season, it would be wise to open a new thread for each rumour. Whilst there might be a lot of new threads opened in this manner, it serves to track each and everyone of them better, as opposed to mixing them all into one thread. This can be very helpful for members who do not follow the Transfer Rumours forum all the time - coming into the forum and seeing invidivual topics for each rumour will allow them to understand that a discussion has already been initiated thereby giving them the opportunity to participate in it.

But, this should only be allowed to stand during the Winter & Summer transfer windows. During the normal course of the season, where transfer rumours are comparatively less, those unsubstantiated rumours should simply be posted in the massive Transfer Rumours Thread - important and more documented rumours can be opened in their own threads though. This will largely be up to the discretion of each individual poster. Mods (i mean Handoyo ) should also assist in deciding if a new topic created has merit standing on its own or should be merged with the big one.

In all, i think having individal topics for each rumour can greatly help in avoiding less confusion, less wrongly placed posts and easier to find information regarding each player, rumour deal, etc.

Ciao,
    Tim
    MAI STATI IN B

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    But the Transfers & Rumours forum is exclusively made for Inter's tranfer activity. If you want to discuss Serie A's or any other transfer, feel free to do it in the European Leagues forum, not here.
    Fact is, right now we talk about ALL transfers, Inter's, Serie A's and all the rest in the Transfers Rumours Thread, don't we?
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Indonesia

Fact is, right now we talk about ALL transfers, Inter's, Serie A's and all the rest in the Transfers Rumours Thread, don't we?
    I think only when the player concerns Inter. For example, if Chivu is rumours to Milan.

But to be honest, I hardly read that topic. I hate rumours, especially transfer rumours.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Croatia

41 10 years of FIF
    we should open new INTER transfer rumours 2005/2006!

and for each player that we signed, we didnt yet, but when we buy open new with his name....dont open it for each player that we are rumoured.

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Handoyo
    I think only when the player concerns Inter. For example, if Chivu is rumours to Milan.

But to be honest, I hardly read that topic. I hate rumours, especially transfer rumours.

Handyo
    Nope, we talk about everything. Totti signing for Roma until 2010 for example, was posted by me and other in the Transfers Rumours Thread.

That's why I'm saying, let's make 3 separate threads:

1) Inter Transfers Rumours

2) Serie A Transfers Rumours

3) All the rest Transfers Rumours

This way, we won't have to talk about 1000 transfers in the same topic, and things would be tidier. Only my humble opinion anyway.
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    1) Inter Transfers Rumours

2) Serie A Transfers Rumours

3) All the rest Transfers Rumours
    Those latter two can be at the European Leagues section?

It could go like this. There could be own topis for players rumoured to Inter. But, mods would open them, so there won't be 50 topics for every player we're rumoured (like every transfer market).

It would be mods' responsibility to pick those players who deserve their own topic. Then there would be general Transfer & rumour topic 05/06 for all the other stuff.

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

I am against having a Serie A and European transfers thread on this forum...

Fabio 2
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Fav. Player
    El Principe

Italy

Why Fabio?

About having the other threads in the European Leagues forum, let's be realistic guys: people, especially new users, are going to see Transfer and Rumours forum, they're going to go straight there and post stuff about that. They're not going to check the European leagues forum.

I'd keep all the transfers-related posts in the Transfers forum.

Right now, we're using the Transfers Rumours Thread for everything, Inter, Serie A teams, EPL and so on.

If we split the discussion a bit, I think it could be helpful. If you put a Serie A Transfer thread in the European Leagues forum, you better be ready to post this A LOT:

"You should post this in the thread in the European Leagues forum, not here".
    22/04/07 15th
    18/05/08 16th
    16/05/09 17th
    16/05/10 18th
    18/12/10 WORLD CHAMPIONS
    Materazzi World Champion

Fav. Player
    Capitano e CN

Canada

66 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    I support Miki's idea. It might seem like alot of topics but it'd be easier to find a specific rumour (or piece of information) about a player rather than to search through the immense "Transfer Rumours Thread" or "Next Season's Inter". And after the Winter and Summer transfer windows were over, mods could just close the individual topics and we could use the aforementioned "Transfer Rumours Thread" during the season as Tim suggested.

Fav. Player
    Adriano - #10

I like both Han and Miki's ideas so I've joint them together and created my own. Why not create 4 sub-forums within the Transfer and Rumor thread?

Goalkeepers Transfers & Rumours
    Defenders Transfers & Rumours
    Midfielders Transfers & Rumours
    Forwards Transfers & Rumours

4 sub-forums for each of those sections of players. Then individual threads could be made for different players (a Cassano thread in the Forwards Forum, a Pizarro thread in the Midifielders forum, etc, etc). The main Transfers and Rumours thread could then be for official signings (describing how much cash, details, etc, etc) and any linkings we have to new coaches and stuff.

I'd like it this way because it would make things a whole lot easier in finding rumours on specific positions, and it would also be easier on talking about specific players and relating 2 players (in polls). Having 4 sub forums would also make things more organized and neater, while having seperate threads would be even better then having one bulk thread where interesting discussions are easily lost.

So what do you guys think? Hopefully writing so much impressed you into voting for this idea.
    INTER - 2006-2007 - SCUDETTO
    ------------ADRIANO-----IBRAHIMOVIC
    --------------------LUIS FIGO
    -----STANKOVIC---CAMBIASSO---P. VIEIRA
    F. GROSSO----SAMUEL---CORDOBA---J. ZANETTI
    --------------------F. TOLDO

Confidence is half of victory. - Yiddish Proverb

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Rich.....THAT'S BRILLIANT!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"