Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 317178798081
Results 1,601 to 1,615 of 1615

Thread: Patrik Schick

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    First of all, you don't know that for a fact.

Second of all, football is first and foremost a business and you should do whatever you can to increase the value, performance, and appeal of your company. Signing a player with a worldclass potential should be one of your most important priorities.

Third, Mancini also wanted to sell Kova and sign Kondogbia, how well did that work out for us? If we were supposed to just listen to the coach and do whatever he says then why do we have sport directors? Aren't sport directors supposed to have long term vision and know what's best for the club in the long run? Aren't they the ones who are in charge of the project? Shouldn't they know what players suit our project and what players don't?
    1) First part of my comment was reported by all sources and Spalletti said the second part in one of his interviews.

2)I agree with that. And Sabatini probably agrees as he contacted Sampdoria immediately after Schick transfer to Juve collapsed. Unfortunately, Suning decided to change their strategy and we had no money left to close the deal.

3) Lets not compare Mancini with Spalletti. We'll see how good or bad his choices are. I am not one of Spalletti fans but i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I agree with what you say about the sporting director and i hope we'll have a long term vision with Sabatini. Something we're lacking for years. I think Sabatini decided to go with Spalletti's choice because we couldn't get any of the players he wanted.

Aaland

I'm not an Inter fan, but I wonder why there is so much insistence on buying Schick ? The moment I heard Inter were following him I thought they were going to replace Icardi with him ... Inter only play one competition plus some few coppa italia games, so it only makes sense he comes for that price if he is going to replace Icardi. The idea of playing him on the wings doesnt seem a possibility for Inter either, plus I dont think he will work out there especially that Perisic is a starter and his qualities wont show at such a position. In Rome it could make more sense because they play in CL, and if they play both dzeko and him as well it might work in some matches where they are in dire need of goals. Yes Schick is really talented and it is good for the future for any team to have him because you would have an attack set for the next ten years at least on paper, but when it comes to usefulness I dont see how he can be useful for Juve or Inter. With Roma, I can see it at least since they want a vice Dzeko and a young CF for the future and need depth for CL. I think sense would prevail in case Roma buy him. It wont be the highest bidder or the better negotiator who prevails.

Having said that its a huge sum as the reports show and I think he still needs to prove his worth.

Kuwait

What pisses me off about all this is we fucking spent 28 million on gabriel barbosa that we could've used in this stupid deal.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    He isn't just CF...he is a complete forward like Dybala...Higuain-Dybala

We could have Icardi-Schick but nah...
    Maybe Icardi-Keita
    They are friends from Barca days tbh

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Kuwait

Quote Originally Posted by Death Drive View Post
    I'm not an Inter fan, but I wonder why there is so much insistence on buying Schick ? The moment I heard Inter were following him I thought they were going to replace Icardi with him ... Inter only play one competition plus some few coppa italia games, so it only makes sense he comes for that price if he is going to replace Icardi. The idea of playing him on the wings doesnt seem a possibility for Inter either, plus I dont think he will work out there especially that Perisic is a starter and his qualities wont show at such a position. In Rome it could make more sense because they play in CL, and if they play both dzeko and him as well it might work in some matches where they are in dire need of goals. Yes Schick is really talented and it is good for the future for any team to have him because you would have an attack set for the next ten years at least on paper, but when it comes to usefulness I dont see how he can be useful for Juve or Inter. With Roma, I can see it at least since they want a vice Dzeko and a young CF for the future and need depth for CL. I think sense would prevail in case Roma buy him. It wont be the highest bidder or the better negotiator who prevails.

Having said that its a huge sum as the reports show and I think he still needs to prove his worth.
    Roma want Schick as a RW since they sold Salah and couldn't get Mahrez.

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo 9

China

Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    First of all, you don't know that for a fact.

Second of all, football is first and foremost a business and you should do whatever you can to increase the value, performance, and appeal of your company. Signing a player with a worldclass potential should be one of your most important priorities.

Third, Mancini also wanted to sell Kova and sign Kondogbia, how well did that work out for us? If we were supposed to just listen to the coach and do whatever he says then why do we have sport directors? Aren't sport directors supposed to have long term vision and know what's best for the club in the long run? Aren't they the ones who are in charge of the project? Shouldn't they know what players suit our project and what players don't?

Every year we have a new coach and every coach has his own project and we like the losers that we are follow them blindly. That's why we keep having one 'year zero' after another

Losing players to Juve is understandable, losing players to Roma is just embarrassing...
    If sports director go against the coach that would be the worst case scenario.

it would be point less to sign talents when you dont have space for them. it would be ultra disaster for both party, say for example coutinho. if schick can not play constantly for us, he will never worth 100M. (we have already had a good set of attackers, icardi and perisic are 90mins starters and they are almost untouchable, schick is at best can rotate with canderiva and sometimes backing up icardi/or JM at AM. )

vecino is a must buy... spallo certainly have his concerns, if you trust spallo, and believe he is not a clueless coach, you need to give him the player he need.
    Losing a player to roma is completely understandable. As they playing CL (what is CL?), and their formor sporting director (who was he?) left them with a 120M player sales. (they have money, they have CL, and they are eager to get an attacker)

After all those shits, my only hope are we can get 2 CBs for spallo and delete Rano from the squad.

On the other hand, even if you sign an normal talent CB, if he can constantly play his value can significantly increase as well. market is insane

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    We are biatching like we lost fucking Messi from Juve or Milan. It's fcking Roma and its fucking Schick, skinny guy with heart problems who could easily fail in bigger club.

If Icardi was 12 millions when he left Sampdoria than Schick shouldn't be more from 20 with inflated market. 40 is ridiculous price.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

8. Thanks (3): Efrain21C, Il Drago, Palacio

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    He isn't just CF...he is a complete forward like Dybala...Higuain-Dybala

We could have Icardi-Schick but nah...
    Maybe Icardi-Keita
    They are friends from Barca days tbh
    Dybala is a fast mobile player who could add an extremely dynamic depth for any attacking duo. Schick even at such a young age cant do that. He is a complete CF probably but him and Icardi together is just a dream duo that is difficult to achieve anything with. Keita is the kind of guy who fits an attack with Icardi, and I would feel a bit unsettled seeing him at Inter because a Perisic--Icardi--Keita attack could really click, but Icardi and Shick together would need enormous help by the midfield , basically a midfield led by someone like Sneijder or David Silva or the likes, and even then it is not guaranteed to work.

Even if Roma decide to play schick as RW, then he will only be playing RW on paper, but in reality he will always be more central, I cant see him replacing salah in any way. Even shaarawy after all these years cant fit the winger role clearly, so I dont think Schick, who is less dynamic, can do it.

I do think Schick as a player has much more potential than Keita, but this would not mean much if you want to improve your gameplay and not just have a dream team on paper. Keita can fit the wing role perfectly for any team he plays with and can move into SS as well, Schick can't. He hasnt proved that he could and I dont see that he could. He's more like an Ibrahimovic than he is a Salah.

Fav. Player
    Vieri*

Nigeria

29 Forum Supporter
    Wait I'm just wondering why this thread isn't locked up?
    "A Black Hearted Slave, For The Blue Blood Kings, Bleeding For The Team, And The Titles They Bring"

Forza Inter
    *CAMPIONE DEL MONDO* 2009//2010
    -- COPPA ITALIA -- SERIE A -- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE --
    -- SUPER COPPA ITALIANA -- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP --

Fav. Player
    brat ljajic

Serbia

cool thing is he will be in rome for no more than two seasons.. he will be sold abroad thats a fact, so no one should worry if he is going to tear a part whole serie a
    CANDREVA IS SHIT

United States

I knew once Inter started being stingy the deal was over. This is what you get for not spending. Whatever happened to Sunning having deep pockets? I guess they meant deep like a puddle smh.

Fav. Player
    Chivu Cuchu JZ

Idk why but I feel like vomiting.

Fav. Player
    22IcardiBroHand
    Old name
    DomesticatedPimp

Albania

I love people that never saw him play judge him off his physical apperance and his alleged heart problem
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    referees 'without question' favour juve? i think youre overstating the effect of buying out the refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bandiera View Post
    I did some thinking over the bench issue. I think when a player is benched, it can make them think more.

Fav. Player
    #FreeInsigne

Netherlands

Ausilio basically confirmed to the media that we're out on Schick. Thread closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
    The problem with this kind of site in english is the international brand of supporters from non-footballers or non-top-footballer countries..
    You see people from Colombia, Oceania, Ireland(i think) pretending that at least ONCE in their life they saw a young wc talent arriving and becoming a world star.

Just a idea: if you want a serious debate about football, you should block everybody from countries that NEVER will win nothing and NEVER will have a balon d'or, for example.
    Whats the point about those guys opinions??? Can i go to some New Zealand chat and start to teach them how to recognize the better wc prospects among young Rugby players?
    Again, if you NEVER saw a young wc prospect struggling in his first years, like Kaka or Ronaldinho who were booed by they local supporters here, how could you judge????

16. Thanks (1): I4E

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    Hope you were watching.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.