Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243132333435 LastLast

Thread: Walter Sabatini

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Do you just immeditly stop or do you decrease how much you smoke little by little? Just curious how smokers try to stop
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

2. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Candreva Crosses View Post
    Do you just immeditly stop or do you decrease how much you smoke little by little? Just curious how smokers try to stop
    Different people, different ways but I'd do it cold turkey. I don't believe making it gradual makes sense. Some people replace the smoking with vaping or use it as a transition which is kinda better for your health and yet I despise it. I'm more open to nicotine patches, although I'm pretty sure it's not the nicotine I crave but the habit of lighting up.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

4. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    thank mr icardi

Holy See

when I was a teen- early 20s you could say that I was an alcoholic, drank almost everyday and sometimes from the morning, but I never saw myself as one! I just really really liked how it felt when it was in my system. but after a while (not gonna lie it took me longer than it should) I just stopped drinking daily, it didn't take any unusual method, it's all in the head really, yes your body gets addicted to it but just like your body got used to it it will get used to not taking it anymore (of course the stronger the drug the more difficult). Same thing with smoking, I've been smoking since I was 16 I think and I'm now 30. I still smoke, and I don't know if this would help my argument or not but I quit for almost a year 3 years ago just because I hated the idea of something "controlling" me, and also another time when I was studying in the US, my friends thought it was impossible to quit smoking so I did it like a bet to show them it's not, and I didn't smoke for a month.

Anyhow, quit smoking wasn't easy, especially the first 2 week-month I would be in a bad mood most of the time, but the greatest advice I could give you is to substitute an addiction with another, nothing beats the gym/working out in my opinion, I had the urge to smoke everyday and especially after meals but when I went to the gym and left I had no more urges for at least 4 hours!

6. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

first 3 days are the hardest, then it becomes easier and easier, after 21st day you will completely give up. U just have to commit yourself

8. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Sabatini: I saw death
    By Football Italia staff

Sampdoria’s Walter Sabatini has recounted the near-death experience he went through earlier in the season. “It looked like a supermarket…”

Sabatini was rushed to hospital with breathing problems linked to his chain-smoking habit back in September, but the former Lazio, Palermo and Roma sporting director has since resumed work with Samp.

“My body’s been sending me signals for years,” the 63-year-old told Il Secolo XIX.

“That Saturday I had to leave for China. Had I taken that plane, I would’ve died. Between cortisone in my veins and anxiolytics on the Friday, they stabilised me a bit and then I disappeared from life.

“While I was in a coma, I think I saw paradise. It looked like a supermarket… My last memory of that moment was a conversation I had with Osti, although I still have no idea what the drugs led me to believe.

“I take 15 tranquilisers a day because there’s not a single minute of the day when I don't think about cigarettes.

“My life was marked by smoke. Living without it is a tragedy, but I have an obligation towards those who love me.

“When my body decided to rebel and I went away, President Ferrero has never let it weigh on me.

“But not having been with the club at various points hurts my pride. I also thank the team. When I woke up, there was the good news of victories.

“The win in Bergamo, for example, energised me after a period of pharmacological drowsiness. It forced me to wake up.”

10. Thanks (5): AbdiWirajaya, dax21, MVD, thatdude, wera

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Great to see he's back, hope he spends his days with his family rather than think about work, priorities.
    JUVELITE ERA !!!

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA #CRESPOINLGI

GRAZIE LUCIANO!

WELCOME TO THE JUVELITE ERA

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Russian Federation

Sampdoria technical director Walter Sabatini confirms he resigned following a row with President Massimo Ferrero, as it’s reported they had to be separated by players and staff.

Inter Banter era 2011-

regista- vecino
    trequartista- nainggolan
    fantasista- candreva
    prima punta- ranocchia

13. Thanks (6): CafeCordoba, MVD, n4l, phonk, thatdude, Wobblz

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Totally sure this was orchestrated by him. Monchi has left Roma so it's purely logical that Sabatini expects that he can be given a chance to come back.
    ďIs shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?Ē

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Totally sure this was orchestrated by him. Monchi has left Roma so it's purely logical that Sabatini expects that he can be given a chance to come back.

16. Thanks (2): Delicate, rfU

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Wilhelm didnt fare to well as head scout of the Mets.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Australia

10 years of FIF
    Sabatini is a primadona. He can not hold down a job for longer than six months and it always ends in tears. If he no longer wants to be a technical director or a part of football he should stop wasting his time as well the time of the clubs that employ him. He has done sweet fuck all for too long now and its time he stopped living off the reputation he made for himself at Palermo.
    Last edited by Puma; 09 May 19 at 09:53.
    #FlyEaglesFly

19. Thanks (1): Handoyo

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Romania

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Sabatini is a primadona. He can not hold down a job for longer than six months and it always ends in tears. If he no longer wants to be a technical director or a part of football he should stop wasting his time as well the time of the clubs that employ him. He has done sweet fuck all for too long now and its time he stopped living off the reputation he made for himself at Palermo.
    Sabatini is a primadona, but to say that his reputation lies only with Palermo is more than inaccurate. He raised that Perugia in Serie A, he made a CL team at Lazio practically without resources, as you say Palermo experience.
    But most important was his Roma squad. He built a team capable to fight Juve for scudetto under the same SA/FFP we cry about. And by the way coached by the same Spalletti we say his not able to win something. If that team was coached by Conte for example, that team could have dethroned Juve.
    Sabatini is one of the best in business. And one must appreciate that he is a man of principles. When he is not allowed to do his job, he quits. How many would prefer to keep a well paid job and receive the money!

21. Thanks (3): Il Drago, Nyall, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Baggio

Bulgaria

Cause our very own yes-man Ausilio has done wonders at the club... If astute professionals behave like primadonnas at a workplace there's something wrong there, terribly wrong.

This is why I despise Ausilio, he's a spineless yes-man. If he so strongly opposed the signings of the likes of Mario and Gabigol then he should've quit or at least threaten to. That's what a "primadonna" like Sabatini would do but our guy here just sucked it up (or was all for it, we'll never know) and get on with it.
    Inter is an artistic venture, almost poetic. It is capable of provoking immense, unreachable joy and bitter disappointment. Itís never done by half-measures.
    For me, Inter is the opening to new worlds and courage. Itís a strong passion, a marvellous illness. You can put up with the weaknesses and admire the courage, the same way you would with a son.
    ó Massimo Moratti

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post

This is why I despise Ausilio, he's a spineless yes-man. If he so strongly opposed the signings of the likes of Mario and Gabigol then he should've quit or at least threaten to. That's what a "primadonna" like Sabatini would do but our guy here just sucked it up (or was all for it, we'll never know) and get on with it.
    For the 300th time he did exactly that! He offered his resignation to suning cause he did not agree with the j mario and gabi g signings.

Atleast that s what was reported at that time.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblz View Post

Ausilio, allegedly, has excellent relationship with Steven. Unfortunately, we gonna see him in our club for years forward.
    ďIs shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?Ē

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

Italy

Ausilio is a survival expert. It doesn't matter who's the owner or the ceo, not even Inter's results are an obstacle to him: he will always find a way to get past every possible predicament.

I believe he's relatively good at what he does (despite what many may think) and above all doesn't care much about Inter, only about his position.

I figure he's the kind of guy who can give you good advice, but couldn't care less if you follow it or not.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    Ausilio is a survival expert. It doesn't matter who's the owner or the ceo, not even Inter's results are an obstacle to him: he will always find a way to get past every possible predicament.

I believe he's relatively good at what he does (despite what many may think) and above all doesn't care much about Inter, only about his position.

I figure he's the kind of guy who can give you good advice, but couldn't care less if you follow it or not.
    What? Again what yes man who does not care will offer his resignation over a disagreement? If he was just a yes man and would not care about what is done he would have never done this.

Again he disagreed with suning over the two deals and offered his resignation i would not call that he could not care less if you don t follow his advice.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

#Fuck Conte

29. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    What? Again what yes man who does not care will offer his resignation over a disagreement? If he was just a yes man and would not care about what is done he would have never done this.

Again he disagreed with suning over the two deals and offered his resignation i would not call that he could not care less if you don t follow his advice.
    he "offered his position" when suning hired sabatini, and "never resigned". (https://www.calciomercato.com/news/i...rlo-alla-42133 . i couldn't find an english translation).

that does him credit, as he questioned his position and role within the club. but that's it.

i also wrote that he's fairly good in his job, so it's not like i wanted to paint a negative picture of the guy. i do believe he's very shrewd, though.

other people, after so many years, would have either demanded a more important and decision-making role or left the club otherwise.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Danilo The God

PNG

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Ausilio stans will literally find any reason to praise Ausilio, and make every excuse to defend him.

33. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    D'Ambrosio
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by Nyall View Post
    Ausilio stans will literally find any reason to praise Ausilio, and make every excuse to defend him.
    This got old I'm wondering why
    I got out of bed at all

Fucking up every transfer window
    Can't build a team at all

And even if he could they will never stay
    But Skriniar's picture on my wall
    It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad
    ďA good performance, I donít know if we are talking about one point gained or two points lost. But the team did what it had to do."
    Luciano Spalletti on Udinese(17th) - Inter 0 - 0

"We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

35. Thanks (1): YoramG