Thread: In a hypothetical world

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member

In a hypothetical world

OK, they relocated my position in the office to somewhere more isolated so I've been really slacking off today. I think I did more work in the last hour of yesterday compared to the whole 8 hours today. So, I got bored and applied some mathematics to Inter. Take a look at this:
    Code:
                 I   II

Chievo       1    1
    Palermo      1    3
    Atalanta     3    3
    Parma        1    1
    Roma         1    3
    Udinese      3    1
    Milan        1    0
    Lecce        1    3
    Lazio        1    1
    Fiorentina   1    3
    Bologna      1    3
    Cagliari     1    3
    Juventus     1    3
    Messina      3    0
    Siena        1    3
    Brescia      3    3
    Livorno      3    3
    Sampdoria    3    3
    Reggina      1    1
                31   41

01-19 ---> 1.632
    20-38 ---> 2.158
    01-38 ---> 1.895

13th round ---> Inter - Juventus 2-2
    01-13 ---> 1.308
    14-38 ---> 2.160

26th round ---> Inter - Milan 0-1
    27-38 ---> 2.417
    The numbers with 3 decimal places, as you surely have guessed it, are the averages of points accumulated during those periods. Now in a hypothetical world, where would we be had we play the first half of the season as good as the second one? The answer is: 2.158 * 38 = 82 which mean that we will still not win the Scudetto but we will leapfrog Milan into the 2nd place, 4 points behind Juventus and 3 points ahead of Milan. The exact scenario will also occur if we play with the form that we were after the dramatic 2-2 draw with Juventus in San Siro.

But what if we play just like after Milan defeated us unfairly 0-1 at our home ground? We will amass an incredible 2.417 * 38 = 92 points which means that we will win the Scudetto by 6 points.

Can we keep playing like that next season? Let's hope so. But, with all due respect, only Juventus is a strong team out of the 12 teams that we faced in Serie A after the defeat in Derby della Madoninna.

Fav. Player
    Alvaro Recoba

10 years of FIF
    u are so damn genius! wat did u get in ur math??? probably A+ i guess! dont bither to ask mine, i hate math...wow, u think inter can win the scudetto? i hope so...let's hope inter improve their perfomance next season and win the scudtto.oh, don't forget the Copa italia againts roma.hehehe
    * i hope Recoba play againts Roma cos he the one that played a crucial part in copa italia as many "reserves" play in it before final and now the first team want to play the final...parasite

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

You must have been very bored Han....

But a good job - well done.

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"

Indonesia

32 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Important Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    u are so damn genius! wat did u get in ur math??? probably A+ i guess! dont bither to ask mine, i hate math...wow, u think inter can win the scudetto? i hope so...let's hope inter improve their perfomance next season and win the scudtto.oh, don't forget the Copa italia againts roma.hehehe
    Well, just an A but there's no A+. But dude, I obviously used a calculator to calculate the figures.

Fabio, you have no idea. I went to the toilet just for the heck of it every 30 minutes.

Handyo

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Well noone would have done this if you hadn't been moved - so we can consider ourselves lucky!

Fabio
    "Cuore, Testa, Muscoli.. Da anni sognavamo un Gruppo cosi!!!
    Forza Ragazzi
    Nessuno escluso"