Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 2017/2018

Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Yeah keep reading into that bullshit LOL
    I've been following PL sides for some years now, and last year when Conte got appointed there were also noises he was frustrated by Chelsea's transfer policy. He never wanted Kanté, Batshuayi or Marcos Alonso. He wanted Radja and Koulibaly for example.

I really think the reports are true. He walked out of Rubentus for the same reason.
    I'll laugh my ass off if he leaves them.

Fav. Player
    Kovacic

Tuvalu

10 Forum Supporter
    WHAT? HE LEFT JUVENTUS BECAUSE OF THEIR TRANSFER POLICY? Do you have a source that is not goal.com for that? Juve's transfer policy is second to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked wizard View Post
    after seeing them gifs of them passes I have to admit that I was wrong and that he is one of the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    Breaking news: Inter made a bid for Kyrie Irving after he requested a trade from the Cavs.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    Nothing on Fabinho joining ManUtd. Few wannabe ITKs posted on twitter but no major paper is reporting it. Hopefully we sign him, would be best signing for us this season.
    Few days ago I saw they were getting him for 40mil but they've died down since then.. probably bs, but United and Atletico have been the only ones I have seen that have been linked most to him.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

5. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

If you win the league with David Luiz at the heart of your defence you deserve a diamond encrusted medal and all the transfers you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Solskjær

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    If you win the league with David Luiz at the heart of your defence you deserve a diamond encrusted medal and all the transfers you want.
    What if your team wins CL with David Luiz?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

You buy the rest of his teammates Rolex watches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer
    WHAT? HE LEFT JUVENTUS BECAUSE OF THEIR TRANSFER POLICY? Do you have a source that is not goal.com for that? Juve's transfer policy is second to none.
    REVEALED Why Antonio Conte left Juventus

Alessandro Alciato, one of the most influent Italian sport journalists who co-wrote Andrea Pirlo's autobiography “I think, therefore I play”, has a new book out."Metodo Conte" (Conte’s method) looks at Pirlo's first manager at Antonio Conte, with whom he won three Serie A titles.

The journalist reveals why the current senior Italy national team coach left Juventus in 2014:

“Conte wanted Cuadrado, but Juventus couldn’t afford to buy him from Fiorentina. On top of that, the club failed to ensure the permanence of Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba at the Stadium. Moreover, Conte did not agree with the club’s friendly summer tours.
    The former Juventus boss was also at loggerheads with the club’s Director of communication Claudio Albanese.”

The title of the first chapter is: “Buffon, I would have never expect this from you” and it recounts an episode which occurred on the 17 of May 2014 in the Juventus backroom.

“The team had already snatched their third successive Serie A title, but Conte wanted to win the last home game against Cagliari in order to finish the campaign with more than 100 points, and set a Scudetto record.

“Conte joined the team in the video room, and before the meeting could start, Buffon entered to ask his boss to go out and join him and the club’s CEO Giuseppe Marotta in order to discuss the bonuses the players were to receive for winning the title".

“Conte simply lost his rag, insulting the captain as well as the rest of the team.

‘Shut the f*** up Gigi, What the f*** are you saying? Don’t say a word. I don’t want to see you anymore, get out of here! I would have never expect it from you, you don’t know s*** Gigi, you are the captain, you are a disappointment to me as well as all these idiots.’

“The chapter ends revealing that the whole thing was planned by both Buffon and Conte in order to keep the team on its toes: Juve ended up beating Cagliari and breaking the record".

By the time Conte was appointed as Italy’s head coach, he was no longer on good terms with his former club, something Federation President Carlo Tavecchio confirmed through an interview which was included in the book.

“Juve and Conte didn't have a good relationship. He has a very strong personality, and things were complicated by an economic dispute between him and the club.

Allegri didn't make the situation any easier, saying that the player camps Conte was trying to organise were just impracticable”.

“When Marchisio allegedly got injured before the game against Bulgaria and Juventus put the blame on him, Conte was feeling really depressed, he thought that the Bianconeri were working against him.”

Source:calciomercato.com

10. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, Ronin

Sudan

Conte to walk out on Chelsea?
    By Football Italia staff

Sky Sport Italia claim Antonio Conte is increasingly irritated at Chelsea directors for not buying players he requested and he could walk away.

This would not be new behaviour for the tactician, who did much the same with Juventus when leaving two days into pre-season training.

According to Sky Italia pundit Gianluca Di Marzio this evening, the rapport between Conte and Chelsea is “starting to crack.”

The former Italy boss wants specific players to target a strong Champions League campaign and he fears they won’t deliver.

Conte won the Premier League at his first attempt and reached the FA Cup Final, but is concerned the squad isn’t big enough to continue that success next season.

There had been rumours of discontent this morning in England, but Di Marzio noted he had "verified the situation and it's more serious than they thought."

That comes after reports in the Mirror that Chelsea board members laughed off claims of Conte's irritation.

Former Borussia Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel has been mentioned as a potential replacement.

Conte had for months been openly courted by Inter, but the Nerazzurri have now appointed Luciano Spalletti.

12. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member
    Cunte ia another lunatic ffs,not incompetent like Mancini but a lunatic nevertheless...
    He should stay away from this club in the future tbh!
    We have a great coach now in Spalletti if Suning will give him a chance to prove it

14. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    I'd still take Conte over Spalletti as a manager tbh. Though it's pointless to talk about Inter and Conte, atleast for few months..
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Arsenal officially signed Lacazette for £50mil.. Great signing if you ask me, one that they needed to make.

Sanchez, Ozil, Lacazette in attack
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

17. Thanks (3): AbdiWirajaya, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

One year ago today, Chelsea signed N'Golo Kanté. Since then:
    - Won the Premier League again
    - Won PFA Player of the Year
    - Premier League Player of the Year
    - Chelsea Player of the Year
    - Best French player abroad
    .... All whilst covering 30% of the earth.

this fucking guy. d00d
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

19. Thanks (1): Howl

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

Ireland

Antonio Conte has signed a new two year contract with Chelsea.

21. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Yugoslavia

91 Forum Supporter Most Pessimistic Member

Fav. Player
    Schelotto

Brazil

'Member when we broke the world record for 20 million pounds for Ronaldo?
    Team #Dare2Mazzari #Messi4Inter #Messi4AsadoClan

24. Thanks (1): MVD

Albania

74 Most Diverse Poster
    Give it 20 years, we'll have a 1 billion transfer at some point
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

26. Thanks (3): MVD, nerazzurri4life, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Handanovic

United States

I hate hate hate how if any of our players are linked with a prominent EPL club (perisic to man u) - that sucks up ALL the inter news on all the major sites/searches. So damn annoying. just sell him or don't - I just want the EPL obsessed news outlets to be over it.

It is probably because I search in English but the gravitational force of the EPL is insane.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Best Forum Newcomer

29. Thanks (1): Fitzy

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

People here would have gone apeshit if Barbosa did that
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

United States

Best Football Poster Nicest Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    People here would have gone apeshit if Barbosa did that
    True but also Gabi isn't the starter for Brazil right now and didn't score a bunch of goals for us last year. Not saying Gabi is bad, he wasn't even real given an opportunity, but he sure as hell Isnt the player Jesus is yet.