Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2017/2018

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Napoli looked great but that high defensive lines could give them problems.

On another note on who is winning this year's CL when you think about it the three super teams (Real, Barca and Bayern) are now down to one. With Real being head and heels over the rest of them and Bayern and Barca suffering but it's more the case for the latter. I think this season it could really be the year for an outsider club to lift the cup and it's going to be a free for all unless Real do it again or Bayern get their shit together. I'm really interested to see how the Manchester teams fare, unfortunately I think this could be Juve's year they've signed some very good attacking talent.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

2. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Bayern has a lot more chances than Barca. Barca was already in a steep decline last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah, I said that.

Real are the favourites with Bayern and Juve behind them. Then there are the Manchester teams, Atleti and PSG.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I got an odd feeling that Manu will take it.
    Of course real is the strongest but i dont see them wining it 3 times in a row that would be insane. Like you guys already said i dont see Barca and Bayern winning it especially not Barca who imho are missing balance in their team atm and i think the loss of neymar will be a bigger hit then most people think. On Bayern they did not look good in pre season and the super cup, but they had a lot of players missing and it was pre season so i will hold my judgement but currently i dont see them winning this years cl.

So imho we have PSG, Jube and the english teams left who have a realistic chance of wining. I dont see PSG making it simply cause the hype is too big and they are changing a lot in their team so i think it will take 1 or two seasons before we see the best PSG. Jube well they are eternal chokers in cl and i expect that trend to continue.

Nw out of all the english teams i see Manu as the favorite, and i dont really know why but i dont see chelsea and Mancity going to far this year and even if i would love to see the spurs go all the way i just dont see that happening.

Edit: before i forget it ATM is just done imho when real beat them last year it already looked like their run was coming to an end, now i love simeone but i dont think he can get them to that level yet again especially without buying anybody this mercato.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I got an odd feeling that Manu will take it.
    Of course real is the strongest but i dont see them wining it 3 times in a row that would be insane. Like you guys already said i dont see Barca and Bayern winning it especially not Barca who imho are missing balance in their team atm and i think the loss of neymar will be a bigger hit then most people think. On Bayern they did not look good in pre season and the super cup, but they had a lot of players missing and it was pre season so i will hold my judgement but currently i dont see them winning this years cl.

So imho we have PSG, Jube and the english teams left who have a realistic chance of wining. I dont see PSG making it simply cause the hype is too big and they are changing a lot in their team so i think it will take 1 or two seasons before we see the best PSG. Jube well they are eternal chokers in cl and i expect that trend to continue.

Nw out of all the english teams i see Manu as the favorite, and i dont really know why but i dont see chelsea and Mancity going to far this year and even if i would love to see the spurs go all the way i just dont see that happening.

Edit: before i forget it ATM is just done imho when real beat them last year it already looked like their run was coming to an end, now i love simeone but i dont think he can get them to that level yet again especially without buying anybody this mercato.
    You can bet your house on ManUtd not winning, simple reason we are not there yet. Madrid are in the league of their own, Bayern and Barca are close to them. PSG might have a good chance, they have retained their squad and added Neymar and Dani Alves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by monster09 View Post
    You can bet your house on ManUtd not winning, simple reason we are not there yet. Madrid are in the league of their own, Bayern and Barca are close to them. PSG might have a good chance, they have retained their squad and added Neymar and Dani Alves.
    I know that quality wise your not there yet, but you have jose plus imho he assembled a very jose esque squad, and i just got a feeling that the EL win from last year is gonna carry some euphoria into this year.

And like i said it s more of an odd feeling than a believe that Manu is gonna win. Like my mind tells me that there are a lot of better teams and teams that have a higher probability of wining the EL, yet my gut feeling insists on putting money on manu and not one of the other teams.

EDIT: from a pure rational point of course your right but if i think rational i dont see anybody but real winning it, and again i just dont think they ll make it 3 times in a row.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Fav. Player
    Diego A. Milito

Cambodia

Real are in a league of their own, followed by Bayern and Barca. I think PSG and Man Utd come after, but I have a feeling United will go far.

Man I wish we were in CL
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Bayern Munich 0 - 2 FC Internazionale Milano
    35" Diego Milito
    70" Diego Milito

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Fav. Player
    Solskjśr

India

18 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I know that quality wise your not there yet, but you have jose plus imho he assembled a very jose esque squad, and i just got a feeling that the EL win from last year is gonna carry some euphoria into this year.

And like i said it s more of an odd feeling than a believe that Manu is gonna win. Like my mind tells me that there are a lot of better teams and teams that have a higher probability of wining the EL, yet my gut feeling insists on putting money on manu and not one of the other teams.

EDIT: from a pure rational point of course your right but if i think rational i dont see anybody but real winning it, and again i just dont think they ll make it 3 times in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    Real are in a league of their own, followed by Bayern and Barca. I think PSG and Man Utd come after, but I have a feeling United will go far.

Man I wish we were in CL
    Wish I believed in the team as much as other fans did.

For some reason I think Barca will smash it, people are writing them off so Messi will just smash everyone.

Also (Adriano@10), we were the strongest team in EL. I get your point though, you are going by gut feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    I think the point is theres a fine line between comming across as a learned individual and comming across as a bit of a wanker, and utilising every corner of your vocabulary on a global internet football forum with people many of whom don't have don't have english as their first language makes you come across as the latter.