Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: UEFA Europa League 2017/2018

Fav. Player
    Ronaldo L.N.D.L

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    rolando scored for marseille. it wasn't a corner by the way but still, way to go, rolando.
    funny you mentioned it, because i just saw the score after it finished and though yup corner goal
    I was expecting Salzburg to win the game tbh and marseille to progress, but I didn't think it would've gone into extra time - kudos to the austrians, they've had a very good campaign in the competition.

For some idiotic reason I thought Arsenal would go knock out Atletico away...

2. Thanks (1): Bergpavian

Fav. Player
    Vieri, Baggio

Austria

Forum Supporter
    No penalty for Salzburg in Marseille, no penalty for Marseille in Salzburg and a deciding goal originated from a corner that wasn't one.

So three of four semi finals in CL and EL were decided by terrible referee mistakes.

4. Thanks (1): Linege

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    I´m actually pretty interested to see if he´s going to be called for the WC, our CB depth is terrible and all of them are old, the last spot is probably going to be between him and Rúben Dias from Benfica who doesn´t have any cap even though he only missed the last call due to injuries, it´ll probably be Dias because he´s the only young prospect we have now.
    Are Pepe and Carvalho still playing for you guys? I'm guessing Pepe still is.

Carvalho feels like he's 50 years old, guy has been around forever, but I feel like he's become irrelevant since at least 5 years ago, despite being part of the Euro squad (I think).

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Estonia

40 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Griez to take the Cup tonight! Come on, Atletico!! For those CL final losses!

7. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skrinrar

Scotland

31 Forum Supporter
    Marseille must have been training with their rugby team with that kick off
    Strachan can suck my tiny schlong

Quote Originally Posted by Glass box View Post
    One day FIF should organize and we should go all together to watch a game. At least 50 people. Tickets are on me.

9. Thanks (2): chhstr, MVD

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Best Forum Newcomer
    Worst final ever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

11. Thanks (1): Linege

Fav. Player
    L.Matthäus

Turkey

It was like a training game for Atletico Madrid. They simply destroyed Marseille. I'm happy for Simeone. He deserved to be champion.
    Conan! What is best in life?

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

Italy

This was probably one of the most predictable outcomes in the history of European football... everybody knew Atletico were going to win it since the got knocked out of the Champions League. I mean, everybody but the milan fans... they actually thought they stood a chance, lol.

14. Thanks (2): chhstr, Howl

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Can't wait for the Madrid Derby Super Cup, you guys.

Congrats to Atletico for winning the one trophy that Real Madrid will never beat them out for because Madrid dropping into Europa is basically impossible.

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    Can't wait for the Madrid Derby Super Cup, you guys.

Congrats to Atletico for winning the one trophy that Real Madrid will never beat them out for because Madrid dropping into Europa is basically impossible.
    I want to see Real suffer.I really liked what was happening to them pre Mourinho.2002/03-2010 was fun to watch them get humiliated.I would love to see them having to play in the EL.That would be so cool.Hopefully it happens from next year onwards once they have won their 3rd consecutive UCL which seems like a done deal for them anyway.I dont want to see em winning the UCL at all for a good period of time now.Like 20-30 years.And hopefully they lose a few finals in between and stuff.

Good stuff from Simeone.Very happy for him.They had a transfer ban and winning a European trophy in that season is a fantastic achievement.Hopefully they keep Griezemann and make a push for the UCL title and actually win it next year.Seems tough to keep him though.

Fav. Player
    Diego Simeone

United States

AUPA ATLETI

Very happy for the team, and seeing Torres raise the trophy instead of Gabi gave me goosebumps. El Niño is now La Leyenda
    Move FIF to XenForo

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by raiden View Post
    I want to see Real suffer.I really liked what was happening to them pre Mourinho.2002/03-2010 was fun to watch them get humiliated.I would love to see them having to play in the EL.That would be so cool.Hopefully it happens from next year onwards once they have won their 3rd consecutive UCL which seems like a done deal for them anyway.I dont want to see em winning the UCL at all for a good period of time now.Like 20-30 years.And hopefully they lose a few finals in between and stuff.
    It's too bad then that Perez wised up that the Galacticos model was a total failure, not to mention frankly unethical. Real hasn't spent on a Galactico since James and that was four years ago now. I know there's plenty of Neymar talk but I'm not buying it personally. If the new Madrid is centered around fiscal restraint, then the guy who just used oil money to shatter the last transfer record isn't gonna be switching to Madrid after one year. I'm not buying that for one second personally.

That being said, Madrid was a huge failure domestically this year, and that's not new for them. Even though their roster is clearly better than Barca's, their inability to motivate themselves as well as tactically prepare for games in Spain this year cost them any chance at retaining their Liga crown very early on. Only two Liga's in the last decade for them is not good enough.

19. Thanks (1): wera

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

Six years.
    Eight finals.
    Six titles.
    233 wins.
    200 clean sheets.

Atleti under Simeone
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.