Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Europa League 2017/2018

Fav. Player
    De Bruyne

Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by sawyerAC View Post
    whats ur point?

isnt Arsenal usually a CL team that reaches the knockout stages every year ( bar this one ) ?

acting like experience isnt important in europe its half the work

Lol, stop. Experience isn't important in Europe, period. PSG and Man City have plenty of experience in Europe over the past five years, yet still can't get over the hump. Juventus has lost 2 UCL finals in recent years...has that experience translated to them magically learning how to win one? Monaco last year was a bunch of relative unknowns who managed to make the UCL semis despite no "experience." In fact, they couldn't even get out of the qualifying round the previous year. Napoli have more European experience this decade than any Italian side, bar Juventus, and still can't get past the quarters. I can go on.

Experience is a fallacy and a loser mentality. You can tell me how you're excited about the players on your team's squad, and how you feel like they're promising. I may disagree with you, but at least that's a tangible thing. Get out of here with your BS "experience." Experience doesn't win matches. Tactics, coaching, and quality players do.

2. Thanks (5): Dylan, MVD, RobertMugabe, Wings, Zoro

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by sawyerAC View Post
    Milan "letting down" italy in knockout stages vs Arsenal is still better than inter getting kicked out of group stages vs fucking Beer sheva
    I never said otherwise. I was simply talking about this year. I had to edit my post anyway because i forgot about Napoli losing to City, I had thought for a second Milan was the only Italian team to lose to an English side this year.

4. Thanks (1): MVD

South Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    For this one, i agree with sawyer.
    We should shut the fuck up, at least until we get back to european football.
    We're plenty critical of our own team, I think other teams are fair game.

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Lol, stop. Experience isn't important in Europe, period. PSG and Man City have plenty of experience in Europe over the past five years, yet still can't get over the hump. Juventus has lost 2 UCL finals in recent years...has that experience translated to them magically learning how to win one? Monaco last year was a bunch of relative unknowns who managed to make the UCL semis despite no "experience." In fact, they couldn't even get out of the qualifying round the previous year. Napoli have more European experience this decade than any Italian side, bar Juventus, and still can't get past the quarters. I can go on.

Experience is a fallacy and a loser mentality. You can tell me how you're excited about the players on your team's squad, and how you feel like they're promising. I may disagree with you, but at least that's a tangible thing. Get out of here with your BS "experience." Experience doesn't win matches. Tactics, coaching, and quality players do.

Experience is critical. But experience is not just a word that means "I've been there before" when it comes to sports. Obviously it's something correlated with positive experience. The generic term experience only applies when you talk about travelling to awkward or crazy locations like Iceland, Finland etc where it's snowing all the time or Poland, Serbia, Turkey, Greece etc or towns like Napoli, Leeds, St Etienne etc where you have to guess what kind of welcome you're going to receive. If you win a lot, you obviously have what people call in football, experience. If you know how each opponent is going to react because you've played and beat them in many ways, you have what people call experience. If you're on the other side, you simply have to overcome it. You cannot claim to have any real experience unless you're a perennial quarter finalist at least.

And there's what we (mostly in the south) Europeans like to call, the shirt's weight. A team like Milan, like it or not, has an ingrained culture that makes the opposition respect them more in Europe. Same applies to us, Juventus, Liverpool, Ajax, Benfica, Porto and so on. Surely, many teams that have quality can overcome this, but quality alone cannot defeat this, you need a mental advantage. And when you as a team think that's all you need, you usually get your ass handed to you.
    The US Americans also have had something that is loosely attributed to this effect when it came to the Yankees with the expression about their pinstripes, which was some sort of parallel of success and that particular jersey's design.

With the new culture coming up, this is pretty much lost as games are not decided by thin margins any more and there's a huge difference between depth and quality due to financial reasons, but this is still alive. It also keeps something mythical about the sport going which is nice to have in this modern era, even if it's becoming a sort of hocus pocus.

Fav. Player
    #sadicardi

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    Dynamo Kiev-Lazio and Zenit-RB Leipzig are really good tight games so far.

8. Thanks (3): Dylan, MVD, thatdude

Fav. Player
    De Bruyne

Belgium

Milan just made things interesting

10. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Milan takes the lead with Calhanoglu, there's some hope for Milan tonight. Though it was a great goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, penalty for Arsenal
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

12. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    No way that's a penalty...that's just fucked up from the ref.
    Ziyad Of Boston

14. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Vatican

What a fucking dive by Welbeck...

16. Thanks (1): Kakaroto

Fav. Player
    Taribo & Kallon
    Old name
    Black Jesus

United States

Quote Originally Posted by ADRossi View Post
    Milan just made things interesting
    And then Arsenal penalty.
    Platano Power
    Inter Will Not Qualify For The Champions League

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Wellbeck is a cunt for falling there
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

Indeed that was a stupid call by the ref.
    Massimo Moratti: "Javier Zanetti ha sempre onorato la maglia e ci ha sempre fatto sentire fieri di essere interisti"

21. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Fav. Player
    De Bruyne

Belgium

I love it

23. Thanks (2): Kakaroto, MVD

Bahrain

I can't believe the ref on the line called that when it was right in front of him.
    Ziyad Of Boston

25. Thanks (1): Dylan

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Albania

A few mins later, there's no penalty Milan although there was handball by one of Arsenal's players

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    #sadicardi

Hungary

28 Forum Supporter
    uuuh the referees fucked up really bad
    tough luck beeeelan

29. Thanks (1): MVD

Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Besnik View Post
    A few mins later, there's no penalty Milan although there was handball by one of Arsenal's players
    It'd be a strict call but better than a non-call penalty!
    This is typical refereeing with English teams against Italian teams. The only confusion is when Juventus plays but that's debatable.

31. Thanks (1): MVD

Bahrain

Gattusso said something that fucktard ref. I see him firing them up even more for the second half.
    Ziyad Of Boston

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

What a joke. Theres too much money in football now to leave it in the hands of 6 incompetent officials

34. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Ireland

Those dirty diving Italians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
    you can all go fuck your mohters, just my 2 cents.