View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

39 19.31%
  • To a top four finish?

135 66.83%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.92%
  • To an EL Spot?

24 11.88%
  • Outside the European places?

11 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3180

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
    Something is still not right even with these 6 wins streak guys. We lead SPAL 1-0 and seemed to stop playing and trying. We sat back, defended the lead and launced a long pass every time we got the ball and lost it. We do not try to control the match and increase the lead. We did have some chances but we were not trying. I thought "not this shit again, SPAL would get the equalizer" and it happened indeed. Somehow we managed to make it 2-1 but we can't do that every time.

I don't know it's because the players or the coach's tactics or both but stopping playing football after 1-0 is not good for us. How many times we lost points after leading 1-0 last season and they still keep doing that. Perhaps what we need to stay away from this situation is someone who can help us dominate the midfield, a destroyer.
    On the contrary, there's something very right about it all. That game against SPAL was one where the team didn't play very well but we're still able to grind out a result. That is an absolutely vital trait of any top team to be able to do that. It's impossible for it to just click into place every single game, that's how you see Barcelona lose to Leganes, Real Madrid to Alaves or Bayern Munich to Monchengladbach. Every now and then a lower team is going to come at you with unexpected quality and it's hard to deal with it. Inter found a way to deal with it even without Brozovic who is the one who dictates the tempo of our play.

As has been said before, there are no easy games in Serie A. That was a tough game and the team came through with 3 points. I'd rather win ugly than play well and lose.

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
    Something is still not right even with these 6 wins streak guys. We lead SPAL 1-0 and seemed to stop playing and trying. We sat back, defended the lead and launced a long pass every time we got the ball and lost it. We do not try to control the match and increase the lead. We did have some chances but we were not trying. I thought "not this shit again, SPAL would get the equalizer" and it happened indeed. Somehow we managed to make it 2-1 but we can't do that every time.

I don't know it's because the players or the coach's tactics or both but stopping playing football after 1-0 is not good for us. How many times we lost points after leading 1-0 last season and they still keep doing that. Perhaps what we need to stay away from this situation is someone who can help us dominate the midfield, a destroyer.
    The solution is very simple. Buy a quality midfielder to share the burden with Brozo. He needs not to be a destroyer, but a similar one to Brozo, who could keep the ball and distribute it with ease, plus running a lot.

We had to try a lot of long balls because our double pivot (Vecino and Borja) got outrun immensely. When the defenders saw three King Kongs surrounding them two, well, the only option was the attackers who were too far ahead.

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Toninu View Post
    If you think that Spalletti had anything to do with these 6 consecutive wins you're delusional.
    While it's slowly turning into an anti-jinx, I may have to agree with Toninu on this.

Media won't talk about it, but there's a rumour according to which Inter players started to manage themselves during the week and even vote to choose the line-up.
    The leader and creator of this ideological movement called "Democrazia Interista" - a modern Socrates - is our left-back maestro Dalbert.
    Hopefully Spalletti won't try a coup d'etat to restore his dictatorship during the international break, while a number of players are away.

Bring on the Derby #forzainter

Fav. Player
    Zanetti, Icardi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogen View Post
    While it's slowly turning into an anti-jinx, I may have to agree with Toninu on this.

Media won't talk about it, but there's a rumour according to which Inter players started to manage themselves during the week and even vote to choose the line-up.
    The leader and creator of this ideological movement called "Democrazia Interista" - a modern Socrates - is our left-back maestro Dalbert.
    Hopefully Spalletti won't try a coup d'etat to restore his dictatorship during the international break, while a number of players are away.

I hope this is some deep level meme, this shit is hilarious
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

5. Thanks (2): Dogen, ScottishInterista

Fav. Player
    NOT Il Capitano

Falkland Islands

0 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Our defence has just been bad this entire season. And that's not because of either of the central defenders, or fullbacks, or Handanovic. In fact all of them have been fairly decent.

The issue is the space given in front of them. Team after team is easily able to bypass the midfield and wreak havoc there. Spalletti has to fix this.

Either we stop pushing and pressuring up front, so the team is more compact.
    Or we change our formation.
    IO SONO INTERISTA

7. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    or maybe, you know, next time buy a fucking actual defensive midfielder.....

We just have too many CMs who's natural inclination is to attack vs sit and defend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In what way is the rivalry with Juventus and Milan different?

“There is no comparison. On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

9. Thanks (3): Bluenine, Pajo, Wings

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nerazzurri4life View Post
    or maybe, you know, next time buy a fucking actual defensive midfielder.....

We just have too many CMs who's natural inclination is to attack vs sit and defend.
    This. I have been saying this for a long time, we desperately need a quality DM. Players like Vecino don't cut it, all he does is to run a lot and close down the space like a dog chasing a car. We need a player who can disrupt oppositions attack, stop them and win the ball back. Also protect Brozovic so that he has a bit more time for playmaking.

11. Thanks (1): Palacio

Fav. Player
    Bea Arthur

South Korea

I'd like to bring either Rafinha, Thiago or my favourite out of the three - Thorgan Hazard (who can also play as a winger). Put one of these 3 behind Icardi (or on the wing) and put Nainggolan next to Brozo. That makes our first team instantly better.

Just get rid of Joao Mario and Candreva.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    I couldn't care less about the thanks on a football forum lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    If Icardi is ever sold for 110m euros i'll stop watching football and promote Pimp to moderator.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar37

Indonesia

I don't know why when we play, the score always 2-X or X-2 ...

When we had Mancini on the bench, the score always 1-X or X-1..

Lautaro Martínez: Argentina's next big thing
    Milan Skriniar : Next Best Defender In The World

Serbia

No way Candreva will accept to leave before his contract runs out.

Fav. Player
    Matrix, Pupi, C

Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Dogen View Post

I always wonder whether 'maestro' is Italian and is borrowed by English speakers or the word is the same in both languages

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Austria

What was noticeable for the last couple of weeks is that we can finally score from open play, which we struggled to do last season and the start of this season. On the other hand we unfortunately don’t score from set pieces as much as we used to.

17. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

70 Most Improved Member
    I guess "maestro" was borrowed by English through the music jargon
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is just a reference to an Italian novel.

19. Thanks (4): Anne Marie, Dogen, MVD, thatdude

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firmino View Post
    I guess "maestro" was borrowed by English through the music jargon
    Maestro and master share the same root. From Latin (think ancient Rome), we have the word magister, and in English there's the magistrate. It usually means someone in charge in both languages. But maestro sounds lovely, while master sounds like a tyrant. So it makes sense that the English would use the word maestro as something artistic due to the music element that the Italian word developed.

Russian Federation

he is delivering very similar results as mancio in 15/16 season having 1-0, 2-1 all the time with fluke win here and fluke win there. all he is talking after every game is the team responded and showed character. we will see how long we can ride on that.

plus spalletti is very bad at managing bench players, every bench player plays like shit with him.

last year in first half of the season brozovic was super crap and the starting pair was vecino and gagliardini.

brozo was one leg out of inter. eder was shit and karamoh got karamoh time play and was nobody.

this year: keita is worse then eder, candreva is candreva, gagliardini is in his worst form since atalanta, dalbert is santon and papa valerio is papa valerio.

in december, we will play seven games and the real test will start from 24 november.

game every 4 days

if spallo thinks he can deliver with his first team only he is nuts. sarri was doing the same and always failed with better team, better players and was playing better attacking football.
    Inter Banter era 2011-

22. Thanks (1): dax21

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Linege View Post
    he is delivering very similar results as mancio in 15/16 season having 1-0, 2-1 all the time with fluke win here and fluke win there. all he is talking after every game is the team responded and showed character. we will see how long we can ride on that.
    Mancini did that with only Serie A in his hand. Spallo had to handle with also CL. It is significantly harder to grind results without full best players.

plus spalletti is very bad at managing bench players, every bench player plays like shit with him.
    if spallo thinks he can deliver with his first team only he is nuts.
    Have you seriously watched Inter this season, dude? Those two ideas are horribly wrong
    If you are talking about last season: our squad depth last season was horrible and why do we need to rotate when it was...one game per week?

sarri was doing the same and always failed with better team, better players and was playing better attacking football.
    Yeah it was better but finally Spallo team was still above. With the most point record in Roma history.

24. Thanks (2): AbdiWirajaya, Balor

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Saudi Arabia

I’m not a Spalletti fanboy but even though we’ve been winning difficultly lately, I see a huge difference between this Inter and the one from 15/16.

1. We have way better players and more complete squad now.
    2. Spalletti doesnt field random lineups and change them every game, even with CL on hand.
    3. We might not be playing a good football, but at least we play with clear ideas and, unlike Mancini’s team which lacked identity.
    Forza Inter

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    3. We might not be playing a good football, but at least we play with clear ideas and, unlike Mancini’s team which lacked identity.
    Shouldn't compare Spallo with Mancini who is one of our worst coaches although he won a few scudettos. His teams never had identity or idea of playing, he just depends on superior squad to win.

Winning hard-fought matches is always necessary but if we have too many of those, that means we are still not good enough technically and tactically. Those hard-fought wins can easily become losses or draws when luck is not on our side and the grinta will not be the same after those lost points. We should win convincingly more often than hard-fought.

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Spalletti on Brozovic and Vrsaljko injuries:

“Although some of the players are missing from their national teams, we have no great concerns. Brozovic still needs to be evaluated fully on the field but he should be alright. The medical team has done a fantastic job on Vrsaljko. He had a complex issue but they found the solution. It was better to wait for him to fully recover, rather than risk further damage.”
    "After Inter it's difficult to think of anything better" - Walter Sabatini

28. Thanks (4): AbdiWirajaya, Dogen, MVD, thatdude

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by YoramG View Post
    I hope this is some deep level meme, this shit is hilarious
    I confess: I played along with the original message and I improvised.

That Dalbert bit (and everything else) was meant to give away the obvious parody.
    He's the biggest Inter meme since last season, but he'll reedem himself. #dalbertism

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Marie View Post
    I always wonder whether 'maestro' is Italian and is borrowed by English speakers or the word is the same in both languages
    I'm late but Brehme summed it up perfectly ("master/teacher/someone who knows/can do something very well").
    Considering that English adopted the Italian word from a musical context (to refer to the director of an orchestra), it would really make sense when it's used for skilful midfielders.

30. Thanks (1): AbdiWirajaya