View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.78%
  • To a top four finish?

152 67.56%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.11%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.44%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 288 of 288 FirstFirst ... 188238278285286287288
Results 5,741 to 5,745 of 5745

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

United States

Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    we are 3rd the whole season...u expected what?! winning the treble?!DELUSIONAL FUCKS!
    We're in third place and on pace to pick up fewer points this season than we did last season. That's not improvement on our end; that's regression on our rivals' end.

Here's a stat for you - in our last 55 games, we've picked up 91 points. That's a 63 point pace in a 38 game season. In our blackout era, we averaged 59 points per season. That level of "improvement" is so marginal that it barely registers as being notable.

Of course you can't take away the first 16 games of last season, but they are also the furthest back in the books. That level of form is long gone and shown no sustained signs of coming back. And what we've been left with is basically no better than the results we got under our assorted managers between 2011-2017. So, you know, I'm not impressed by our 3rd place standing, at all.

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    Coaches like Spalletti can only get worse because they are inflexible and just don't reflect on what went wrong in order not to make the same mistakes again. I never expected much from him because it is clear that he is incapable of improvement. I always blamed Ausilio for hiring Spalletti since he was neither inexpensive to hire nor was he a trophy winning coach.

3. Thanks (1): ForzaNerazzurro

Fav. Player
    Matteo Politano
    Old name
    ForzaKovacic

Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by javier_zanetti <3 View Post
    Show that to JJM and his fellow Spalletti apologist buddy. "Didn't play for the draw" my ass.
    "We were playing well, and then it started to rain."
    -Walter Mazzarri

5. Thanks (2): Harpsabu, Palacio

Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by Kramerica Industries View Post
    We're in third place and on pace to pick up fewer points this season than we did last season. That's not improvement on our end; that's regression on our rivals' end.

Here's a stat for you - in our last 55 games, we've picked up 91 points. That's a 63 point pace in a 38 game season. In our blackout era, we averaged 59 points per season. That level of "improvement" is so marginal that it barely registers as being notable.

Of course you can't take away the first 16 games of last season, but they are also the furthest back in the books. That level of form is long gone and shown no sustained signs of coming back. And what we've been left with is basically no better than the results we got under our assorted managers between 2011-2017. So, you know, I'm not impressed by our 3rd place standing, at all.
    That's selective statistics. The same way RnB people proved "Gattuso is the 3rd best coach in 2018".

The season without Europe or with Europa League group stage should not be weighed the same as the season with Champions League and Europa knockout.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaNerazzurro View Post
    Show that to JJM and his fellow Spalletti apologist buddy. "Didn't play for the draw" my ass.
    They played to win, but in the last few minutes we definitely closed up shop to secure the point. We actually got caught on the counter when keita knocked down kolarov. If that was a penalty and we lost, would you have praised spalletti for attacking or something something no gameplan/tactics? Hes not well liked and that's not going to change. His objective remains the same however - Secure champions league, which is what hes on course to do.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk