View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 18.02%
  • To a top four finish?

150 67.57%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.21%
  • To an EL Spot?

27 12.16%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 249 of 263 FirstFirst ... 149199239246247248249250251252259 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5249

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Cambiasso

Albania

Something needs to be said ,clearly he is the best coach of the post mourinho era. Head to head probably with Rafa whose experience with us i rate highly.
    The level of pressure this club receives is absurd in comparison with any other team. I mean there is an atmosphere around us in the last 2 months like we are fighting for relegation while we are in a better league standing than last season on the same period , we have every possibility to qualify for QF of Europa League and all of this with a team which is in my opinion worse than the team we had last year at this time. And if you add to that the Icardi saga and the constant injuries deserves an applaud for how he is handling this shit.

This week is fucking crucial , if we qualify vs Eintracht and win the Derby with the current squad he deserves automatic trust to stay.
    If not the club needs to be clear what next year will be. Selling Icardi and Perisic (like it is most probable) and losing the coach of the last 2 years as well would mean to start an year 0 again and i am not sure whether that is a healthy thing to do.Mourinho would have not won if hadn't gotten a team with good foundations from Mancini , we should deliver the same good foundations to the next big coach as well and Spalleti can be that man but this cannot be that year.

2. Thanks (4): raiden, Sevag, thatdude, wera

Bosnia Herzegovina

Quote Originally Posted by junior55 View Post
    Something needs to be said ,clearly he is the best coach of the post mourinho era. Head to head probably with Rafa whose experience with us i rate highly.
    The level of pressure this club receives is absurd in comparison with any other team. I mean there is an atmosphere around us in the last 2 months like we are fighting for relegation while we are in a better league standing than last season on the same period , we have every possibility to qualify for QF of Europa League and all of this with a team which is in my opinion worse than the team we had last year at this time. And if you add to that the Icardi saga and the constant injuries deserves an applaud for how he is handling this shit.

This week is fucking crucial , if we qualify vs Eintracht and win the Derby with the current squad he deserves automatic trust to stay.
    If not the club needs to be clear what next year will be. Selling Icardi and Perisic (like it is most probable) and losing the coach of the last 2 years as well would mean to start an year 0 again and i am not sure whether that is a healthy thing to do.Mourinho would have not won if hadn't gotten a team with good foundations from Mancini , we should deliver the same good foundations to the next big coach as well and Spalleti can be that man but this cannot be that year.
    I think he is already gone no matter what he does, you can see in the press conference how he talks about marrota that there is friction there,
    which is kind of sad given as you said he is by far the best coach we had after mourinho, but hey when you have mourinho and conte free then its understandable..

4. Thanks (1): thatdude

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Interesting what he said in the post game interview - you can almost feel his frustration with players and their mentality. Confidence seems to be the biggest issue at Inter, at least since the Icrydi drama started if not before then, and you could see how much Inter improved after the first goal.

Maybe its time for a ritiro? To the mountains perhaps, specially if that mountain healer is also a shrink

“There were still 11 Inter players and we should’ve done better. We allowed the tension to strangle us, as it sometimes does, and we lose sight of our qualities, become too timid and insecure,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We have to use our brains and realise San Siro is an intimidating atmosphere, but we are Inter and we have to win this game. It all becomes simpler than you imagine it would be if you look at it that way. It’s not fear, it’s timidity.

“We have this fire within us, but every now and then turn it down to a tiny flicker. Once the goal went in, everyone seemed like a different player, totally transformed and brimming with confidence.

“Every now and then we get dragged into the analysis that surrounds us and the players struggle to prove themselves. I tell you in training that Dalbert is going to be an extraordinary player, but in the first half today he fell over twice and didn’t make a single decision. After the break, he did much better and smashed SPAL down that left flank.”

6. Thanks (2): MVD, thatdude

Bulgaria

Forum Supporter
    It's Spalletti's job to improve players confidence and motivation. But when he always makes defensive subs with clear intention to defend the lead even against teams like SPAL, It's difficult to motivate anyone.
    When you are defending whole game against Tottenham, hoping for a draw, doesn't help for team's confidence either.
    When you doesn't trying to win against PSV, relaying Barca to hold on their goal advance, it's very demotivating as well.
    To summarize it- when you are coward and act like that, you cannot expect of your team to play with confidence and to have balls.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Bosnia Herzegovina

38 Forum Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about. The first two subs were forced on us, and the third one (Valero for Politano) was a good move which helped us control the game without any panic moments.

Spalletti did as well as any coach can do today with the shite options he had.
    It was 1:0 after a poor display of football with no substitutions left and 20 minutes to go. If Inter were to concede, the team would be stuck with less potent midfield and forward line probably forcing Rannochia to go play a striker with only De Vrij staying behind.

Considering the win, it's easy to say it was a good move, but it could have been completely different.

To add to what was already said, it should be considered that there was no game plan what so ever at any point in time for the past 3 months. It is getting ridiculous that he is indirectly blaming team every press conference, while the team is not getting any instructions how to play. Even much worse teams than Inter, even lower league teams manage to show some kind of game plan that suits them, playing to their strengths. However, one thing is constant with Spalletti - every time you see Inter going forward we get to see a midfield player making 5 steps forward and then being stuck having no one to pass to.

Now you can argue that these players suck, but 10 year old kids can be drilled into playing a formation and a game plan in two years time.

This guy is making no progress what so ever since his first preseason. None.

And you can't keep playing fucking Candreva when it's obvious that dude can't play for his life. Play youngsters, play wingbacks, play anyone in his position instead of trying and failing week in week out with Candreva.

9. Thanks (1): varmin

Bahrain

Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Two subs were forced. The third sub I was against but we played better after it so kudos to Spallo
    Ziyad Of Boston

Canada

He should put anyone instead of Candreva. Even a Perisic who is not as fit or a youngster. There is no way that Candreva offers anything. He has no chemistry with any player, and pretty much plays solo. He is also unable to even win free kicks. The guy is beyond terrible - this current version of Candreva may be the worst player I've ever watched at Inter.

12. Thanks (1): firmino

Aaland

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    He should put anyone instead of Candreva. Even a Perisic who is not as fit or a youngster. There is no way that Candreva offers anything. He has no chemistry with any player, and pretty much plays solo. He is also unable to even win free kicks. The guy is beyond terrible - this current version of Candreva may be the worst player I've ever watched at Inter.
    And risk injuring Perisic before the Eintracht and Milan games? Lets bame Spalletti for his faults and the lord knows he has many but lets also put a sense of proportion in our criticism of him.

I agree with Junior55 to a large extent and feel like Spalletti has the necessary skillsets in him to deal with all the drama around and at Inter which many other coaches simply dont have.I mean i am pretty certain a bloke like Mancini would simply give up and resign mid season or a guy like Mourinho would start moaning because he didnt get his transfer request this summer.Spalletti has worked within the parameters of FFP and done rather well so far.I feel like he dealt with a lot of problems off field at Roma [Totti] and that experience has stood him in good stead so far here.I am not sure how guys like Conte and Mourinho will deal with all the off field problems and the pressure here.And judging by how both the men have gotten into spats with their own club mgmt at Juventus,Real,United and Chelsea i am starting to believe we should perhaps not be going in that direction.

With a tight budget Spalletti is probably the best bet to continue getting a top 4 spot.Ofcourse if he cant get that then he must go but if he gets a top 4 spot then i will be okay with him staying on even though we will continue to flop in Europe under him unless we decide to spend somewhere around 100-150 million this summer and the next summer.In that case Mourinho or Conte might work.But i dont see us spending that much unless we can get 100 mil for Icardi this summer.

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

“I tell you in training that Dalbert is going to be an extraordinary player, but in the first half today he fell over twice and didn’t make a single decision. After the break, he did much better and smashed SPAL down that left flank.”

HAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

15. Thanks (3): MVD, nutsncider, thatdude

Serbia

I am still against Spalletti even if I do acknowledge and agree with a lot of what is being said in his defense. FFP parameters, generally poor selection of players, retarded squad limitation for Europe, Icardi issue, clashing with Marotta... all difficulties for sure.

My biggest issues with him, and ones that are unjustifiable for a coach in any club, let alone an Inter one are:

Failure to motivate the players and to sustain a certain level of desire to win. This is pretty self-explanatory, he is not a personality who can fire you up. He doesn't have the fire in his belly, he doesn't have the grinta that FIF likes to mention, simple as. Quiet wannabe charmer personality works in front of the cameras, not so much in practical application and especially not when push comes to shove. Attitude is needed and he doesn't have it.

Lack of clear-cut rewards when players do well as well as general favoritism. Gagliardini had a decent season last year only to be benched by Vecino this whole season. As a result his self-confidence and performance drops, he is used sparingly, often to poor result. But then the next game he does well, scores a goal but doesn't get a starting chance next match and has to sit on the bench for the next two months. Joao Mario made something of a comeback with 4 or 5 decent matches only to be inexcusably benched. Dalbert had those two excellent matches with plenty of offensive runs and good crosses around those coppa matches, same damn thing again. On the other hand perpetual underperformers like Perisic, Politano and Vecino get constant starting minutes. This majorly fucks with morale and mentality.

And third and the worst - no tactics, no strategy, no plan of any kind. This has been said so often by me and everyone else but it's true. I don't mind trying an offensive play and fucking up a pass, I mind cluelessness, indolence, fear-induced back passes and static rigidity where players don't even seem to be instructed to open up for a pass, to approach the player who is on the ball. It would be pretty fucking dumb to believe that they work on all kinds of tactical systems and attacking plays in training because nothing is ever showcased or seen in actual matches.

I am gonna be a good sport and not mention subs.

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

He's had a pretty impressive career for a guy who has no tactics or game plan.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

Brazil

71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    When are we going to stop blaming the manager for our team being a bunch of bottlers? At least Spallo managed to bring these ragtag of misfits to the CL for five minutes. I say sit down with the manager get rid of the Croatians and the Argentine crybaby and build a better side. Might take a while to get in the swing of things but at least we'd have gotten rid of the drama.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

#RIPRENDIRAFINHA

#SACKBALDY

#LOSERMENTALITY

19. Thanks (2): Bluenine, CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    He's had a pretty impressive career for a guy who has no tactics or game plan.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Mancini says hi

21. Thanks (2): rfU, Wallace

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by CoolMan44 View Post
    he is. he provides... nothing but frustration. as many have pointed out before (here and on another boards), he's a complete idiot and selfish, too. he should just be a rotation player when we face the likes of benevento in coppa italia. other than those matches, he should never play.

now that we have a proper CEO, i'm confident he will be the very first piece of deadwood leaving come this summer.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

23. Thanks (1): MVD

Vietnam

I still don't know why he prefers Vecino to Gagliardini this season or how he uses him in the match because it breaks what we had last season
    Vecino frequently missis man marking, like this, in the match with Cagliari

This's from Cagliari's 2nd goal, Pavoletti scored it but Vecino missed Barella, if the ball bounced back, Barella's in good position to get the ball.

And look at Lautaro's goal

It sums up our game plan, I think Spalletti asks Vecino to move forward to 16m50 area as 2nd striker but that means we don't have any one to cover the space behind when play maker like Raja or Joao Mario moving to flank to support winger.
    If you watch again some matches you usually see the miss connection between Brozovic and attack side, it looks like we play 5 - 5 formation because Vecino plays too high up already. Brozovic has to make long pass or to winger, it makes easier for opponent to close down.

It wasn't like that last season. 2nd midfielder pairing with Brozovic would play lower position, helps us covering more space and linking up in attacking.
    Like this coverage points out https://www.esdfanalysis.com/match-a...ilan-vs-inter/

25. Thanks (3): dax21, GenDire, Rain

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    In 10 hours i will come back here to insult this guy for not trust in any youngster and get eliminated from EL. My life is so predictable.

27. Thanks (1): nurko

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex de Large View Post
    In 10 hours i will come back here to insult this guy for not trust in any youngster and get eliminated from EL. My life is so predictable.
    it would make more sense in around 31 hours, when the official lineups are out
    My username has nothing to do with the player of loserpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    True. For a moment i forgot we are not CL material.

Will be Thursday at 23:00.

Kazakhstan

Best Forum Newcomer
    Thank God he didn't discuss Icardi at the press conference and concentrated on tomorrow's game.
    “Is shitting on any moment of decency part of your job description?”

At Inter. With Inter.
    To Europa League.

India

But I wanna know what he's doing!

Do him and Lautaro still text?

Where does he buy his hats?