View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.70%
  • To a top four finish?

153 67.70%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.08%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.39%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 250 of 303 FirstFirst ... 150200240247248249250251252253260300 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 6054

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    And third and the worst - no tactics, no strategy, no plan of any kind.
    Only at FIF. When Spalletti was at Roma, smashing past our team to take away that 3rd & final CL spot, Mancini was labelled as a coach with no tactics, no strategy, no plan - while Spalletti was hailed as a genius. Now that Spalletti is here, its his turn to be called a coach without any tactics, while the likes of Conte are hailed as saviours. If Conte joins Inter, he will instantly become a coach with no tactics, no strategy or no plan of any kind......

Only at FIF.

Serbia

It's really interesting how out of the 78 matches he had as Inter's manager you choose to talk about his Roma past in an attempt to prove me wrong and to convince me how masterful of a tactician Spalletti is.

Do you know how many fucks I give about his Roma days? Go ahead and take a wild guess.

3. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Cómi

United States

It's really interesting how out of the 78 matches he had as Inter's manager you choose to talk about his Roma past in an attempt to prove me wrong and to convince me how masterful of a tactician Spalletti is.

Do you know how many fucks I give about his Roma days? Go ahead and take a wild guess.
    I think the point he's trying to make is that the common denominator for the failure of managers here is the thin squad made of of players who don't fit together. Not that it excuses Spalletti, but it's something that has to be taken into account.
    "If I have to slap a Uruguayan in the face, I will." - Felipe Melo

5. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate View Post
    Thank God he didn't discuss Icardi at the press conference and concentrated on tomorrow's game.
    He did take a couple of shots.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

7. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru

You misunderstand me, mate. My post wasn't in response to your criticism of Spalletti in particular, it was aimed at the general silly coach bashing at FIF. Whoever coaches Inter, however highly FIF rated him before, suddenly is turned into a moron who understands nothing about football.

First of all, there are a lot of factors which make a club successful. At FIF, people tend to give too much importance to the impact of the coach. Juve's rise was not just down to Conte, but a variety of factors that came together like Marotta, a few windows of good transfers, stable management at all levels, the disintegration of the Milanese sides, etc etc. The coach is only one of the many factors that the club needs to get right, they don't come with a magic wand to suddenly turn everything right.

Coming back to your post, I do disagree with you assessment specifically the last paragraph. I think Spalletti is delivering on par with expectation and the level the club was/is at. We got him here to help us qualify for the CL, and he achieved that in his first season and has a decent chance to do so again if our players don't keep dropping down injured like flies. Sure, he has got a lot of things wrong, but he has also got a lot of things right. For e.g., look at Skriniar's progress at Inter, or how much better Brozovic has been under Spalletti compared to before. Perhaps the people here most disappointed with Spalletti are the ones who hyped him up too much before and ended up with unrealistic expectations of what he will achieve, which is so classic FIF.

Vietnam

I am 100% sure every future coaches, not only Spalletti, will be labelled as "no tactics" at Inter Cuz some fans are too fond of year zero hence refuse seeing anything positive.

Which coach you satisfied with the gameplay, after treble, tbh? "2-6" Leonardo or "beautiful football" Gasperini?

Fav. Player
    ur mom
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Juve-Inter 1-0 con Gagliardini, Joao Mario e Dumbo

Juve-Atletico 3-0, con Griezman, Saul, Koke, Godin

#SpalloOut

I wonder if Spallo had ATM's team...

11. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Lautaro Martine

Albania

Forum Supporter
    He would have replaced all of current Atl M players with Roma players who he remembers from the time be was there.

13. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

It would be refreshing to hear spalletti's most vocal critics (fans/journalists) offer some sort of tactical variation that would improve our team or at least legitimize the criticism. Simply saying his tactics are shit, implies that we should be higher in the table and that he's not getting the most out of our players. Its clear as day now, that 80% of this squad is replacement level, so one could argue that hes done a decent job. Just a general question, if we had a superior midfielder to vecino, and a superior winger to politano/perisic, wouldn't we be better?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    You misunderstand me, mate. My post wasn't in response to your criticism of Spalletti in particular, it was aimed at the general silly coach bashing at FIF. Whoever coaches Inter, however highly FIF rated him before, suddenly is turned into a moron who understands nothing about football.

First of all, there are a lot of factors which make a club successful. At FIF, people tend to give too much importance to the impact of the coach. Juve's rise was not just down to Conte, but a variety of factors that came together like Marotta, a few windows of good transfers, stable management at all levels, the disintegration of the Milanese sides, etc etc. The coach is only one of the many factors that the club needs to get right, they don't come with a magic wand to suddenly turn everything right.

Coming back to your post, I do disagree with you assessment specifically the last paragraph. I think Spalletti is delivering on par with expectation and the level the club was/is at. We got him here to help us qualify for the CL, and he achieved that in his first season and has a decent chance to do so again if our players don't keep dropping down injured like flies. Sure, he has got a lot of things wrong, but he has also got a lot of things right. For e.g., look at Skriniar's progress at Inter, or how much better Brozovic has been under Spalletti compared to before. Perhaps the people here most disappointed with Spalletti are the ones who hyped him up too much before and ended up with unrealistic expectations of what he will achieve, which is so classic FIF.
    First of all, fair enough if I misunderstood you, but you have to admit that your phrasing (FIF instead of Inter in general, alongside quoting me) implied the way I interpreted it.
    Skriniar's progress cannot be attributed to Spalletti simply because Skriniar arrived at the same time as him. He wasn't a Santon nor Ranocchia, nor was he a mediocre player who spent a year or two beforehand. He was a young prospect who turned to be a supreme talent. Had he stayed at Samp for another year I don't think he would've turned out any different. I will give him credit for finding a proper position for Brozovic, but if you really want to go into the guts of it all, I give more credit to Brozo's wife for giving him a child and forcing him to grow the fuck up. His mental approach and attitude changed way more than his skills.
    And even if we were to credit him with those two, there are at least thrice as many players who either massively deteriorated under him - Candreva, Gagliardini, Perisic; or were brought on his demand and gave fuck all other than odd moments of brilliance here and there, more often there - Valero, Vecino and Nainggolan.

I will admit that there is too much coach bashing. Not only here, it's common and if you visit online communities of any of the top 20 biggest clubs, that's the only thing they have in common. Juve fans wanted Allegri out until yesterday, and will likely want him out after he gets KO'd out of the CL. Romanistas cried about wanting EDF out for months now, etc. You win and they praise you a little bit, you lose and they declare you a persona non grata immediately. That's the state of modern football, people don't watch it for enjoyment, they watch it because they want the opposition to be mocked and ridiculed. Simply the state of time we are living in.

It's easy to fall into the, albeit small, hive of minds who appreciate Spalletti here - but only if your logic functions exclusively under the lowest common denominator principle. Each and every single person on FIF who defends him only ever argues with the argument of "well it can't be possible that yet once again it's the manager who is at fault". There is never a well written bunch of arguments that defend his tactical choices, his gameplay, his build up, you know, the things that actually have to do with football.
    There is also a small but somewhat vocal group who blames the squad quality, but I also dismiss those people immediately. When Spalletti came almost two years ago we were well aware of the squad then, which was inferior to the current one, at least at that moment, and everyone expected Spalletti to deliver. So I ask you - if everyone's expectations then were so high, why should we change them now? Not just FIF but everyone who follows Serie A, fans and media alike, expected Spalletti to bring order to chaos, to whip the players and to succumb them to his will, and for Inter to finally be a serious Scudetto contender. Even Spalletti was so goddamn annoyingly vocal in those first 4 months at Inter, constantly saying dumb shit like "We aren't lucky", "this isn't a coincidence", "inter is back", etc. All of this despite us playing ugly, dysfunctional football and getting by with odd goals that were pure happenstance.

I admit that you are onto something when you said that those who are the most disappointed are the ones who expected too much, but honestly, who didn't expect much here? This was supposed to be the big change. I personally didn't expect much and I'm still disappointed. I don't mind not being in CL, or in Europe in general, I just want the games to be entertaining or at the very least to not ruin my day. I just want to see Inter play somewhat functional football that has a bit of thought and planning put into it. Not even tiki-taka, just some basic bitch football that we so often see Atalanta, Fiorentina and Sampdoria pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by PHM1605 View Post
    Which coach you satisfied with the gameplay, after treble, tbh? "2-6" Leonardo or "beautiful football" Gasperini?
    Which of the post-treble coaches ever won anything of importance, especially after their Inter tenure? All of them have their respective brief spells at Inter as the highlight of their careers, take a moment to let that soak in.

16. Thanks (2): MVD, varmin

Vietnam

Which of the post-treble coaches ever won anything of importance, especially after their Inter tenure? All of them have their respective brief spells at Inter as the highlight of their careers, take a moment to let that soak in.
    Zero trophy = zero gameplay? How about:

- coach with multiple Scudos, Coppa, Premier League trophies.
    - coach with two global trophies, Europa League, Champions League, La Liga, Coppa... trophies, multiple times.

Yeah sure our gameplay must be a joy to watch back then

Fav. Player
    Insigne & Sarri
    Old name
    EEeyOO

Europe

Spalletti you don't need to worry about atleast 1 fan (me). I´ll be on vodka again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottishInterista View Post
    Thats why we got the chinese involved. The only people better at profiting from corruption than Chinese business men are Russian business men
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatiga View Post
    The difference between hazard and candreva is bigger than the difference between candreva and me, and i dont even play football

19. Thanks (1): MVD

Serbia

I have had it with these motherfucking midfielders on this motherfucking team

21. Thanks (5): Harpsabu, MVD, n4l, nurko, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Mancini

Trinidad & Tobago

45 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr View Post
    I swear to god Inters squad goes from Nikolai Tesla and Einstein ( Skrino&DeVrij) to Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey the more you go up higher.

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

Thank you, next

Fav. Player
    Fuck Ausilio

Canada

16 FIF Special Ones Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    0 shots on goal in the first half. Frankfurt had like 7. I cant wait to read the bullshit that's going to be posted here by his Loyal Defense Squad Gang.

25. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Matias Vecino

Spain

10 years of FIF
    Sack him before Roma gets the 4th

27. Thanks (1): Universe

Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

Canada

Sack him and then what?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Fav. Player
    Zidane,9,37

Hong Kong

and then we party

30. Thanks (3): GenDire, Universe, Wobblz

Fav. Player
    Mauro Icardi

Bulgaria

I wish when I wake up tomorrow, Spalletti not being our coach anymore.