View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.70%
  • To a top four finish?

153 67.70%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.08%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.39%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 255 of 303 FirstFirst ... 155205245252253254255256257258265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 6054

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Lautaro

Kazakhstan

Fire them both ffs.
    Fire everyone in this club from physios to vice president
    I have weakened bolts that fastened a brain, and have relaxed. A technical break...

2. Thanks (3): compile, InterFCAustin, MVD

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    People complain about our complete lack of any game plan, and they're right in doing so, but what's even more worrisome is the pathetic fitness level of our players. Today's game showed the physical mismatch between our players and theirs in a way that was frankly embarrassing. Last year, we had a massive dip in form in December, and it took us four months to get back in an acceptable shape. One would have expected that, in the light of last season's experience, that would not have happened ever again. But instead, here we are again. Eleven games to play, and the team slogs across the field like a bunch of middle-aged men during a Friday evening friendly. Not only has he failed to give us a decent game plan, but he can't even keep them in shape for more that three months.
    Agreed, it looks like ha makes the old-school hard training at beginning of the season and mid-season in order to have a fit squad for the rest of the period but actually we don't even last two months...

Fav. Player
    Che squadraccia

South Korea

89 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Best Overall Poster Most Humorous Member
    Even with shitters like Dalbert or with primavera kids, there needs to be tangible evidence of some kind of development or growth. I see next to none of that in Spalletti's "current" Inter.

His first month at Inter during 2017/18 preseason was actually incredible in how much improvement there was in such a short space of time. It was like, "what? we can actually play possession football with Kondogbia, Miranda and Handanovic?" There was a clear gameplan which was to build our attacks from deep by retaining possession at all costs via some clever passing and good off the ball movement (as a team), then move the ball on as Spalletti said, "within 2 or 3 touches", until we found space and worked the ball into that space, albeit usually down the flank. Spalletti himself said something along the lines of "fatigued teams can't impose their will. There's only one way to avoid fatigue and that is to run less. There's only one way to run less and that is to keep the ball." In a word, the emphasis on possession was huge and the improvement from Mancini/Pioli's Inter was simply very impressive.

Since then though, we've just fucking retardedly regressed completely. There's no movement, either up front or further deep. Everyone stands completely static in every phase of the offense and defence. Even geriatrics in wheelchairs (manual, not electric) can close us down with fucking ease and prevent us from building attacks from deep. How often do we see these retards like de Vrij and D'Ambrosio freeze and frantically backpedal the ball to Handanovic to boot 50m upfield and lose possession? The midfield (which is supposed to do the bulk of the building up), does practically nothing because we have one functional midfielder. No one makes themselves an option to receive a pass. Everyone just stands on a line waiting for the ball to be played, like a kick-off in rugby. Furthermore, the team's functions in the final third are so pathetic and it's clear that they've been instructed to go out wide - which is fucking mind-boggling and predictable.

I don't see anything new. I don't even see things we used to do. I just see decaying fragments of what used to be a gameplan, like I'm looking at debris from a fucking plane crash. This team has regressed so badly it defies any kind of logic. I could almost believe that Spalletti believes he can't do anything with these players and is simply putting the team on autopilot and killing time until we can make more signings and assemble a squad to his design. It's like he was running to catch his train and then thought, "I've missed the train anyway, may as well just walk and catch the next one." That still, would be completely fucking unacceptable of course, from a man earning €4.5m per year to coach.
    **I move away from the mic to breathe in

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My patience has run out. Throwing Balde under the bus in his post-game interview was the last straw for me. As if Icardi or Lautaro would have made an impact with the soggy sausage roll that was our midfield. How the hell does he throw a player who hasn't played a single competitive minute in 2019 into a fucked situation like that and not back him up afterwards. Yes, he was bad, but we were asking a lot and even Marotta backed Spalletti's clown ass.

Don't care if we throw him out and get a caretaker until the end of the season. What difference would it really make?

6. Thanks (1): compile

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    What did Balde say in his post game interview?
    Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    What did Balde say in his post game interview?
    Spallo was like [I'm paraphrasing] "I definitely am to blame for the approach to the glame, I shouldn't have played Keita up there. He clearly wasn't ready." It's like owning it while also still finding a way to shift the blame. It's not how you build a squad of winners that's for sure.

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    So Sunday is the last straw? Manager rumours increasing.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Christian Vieri

Indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot View Post
    Spallo was like [I'm paraphrasing] "I definitely am to blame for the approach to the glame, I shouldn't have played Keita up there. He clearly wasn't ready." It's like owning it while also still finding a way to shift the blame. It's not how you build a squad of winners that's for sure.
    “We just couldn’t keep the ball. I chose Keita and he hadn’t played for a while, so was lacking match fitness and that determination you need. I took that risk."

This is what he said, what a little bitch; it's one thing to call out on match fitness but saying that keita doesnt have the determination because he hadnt played for a while? That's passive aggressive. I don't think he took the blame at all,he's simply implying that he had no choice but to play Keita.

11. Thanks (1): compile

Fav. Player

Europe

It have been the same with every coach starting from Leonardo.

The first impact have been the greatest and since then team have slowly downgrading in every section.

Coaches likes to state after 6 months that this team is not ready and we are working to getting better. But evidently there have been no improvement after it. Every year after christmas team loses the motivation or what ever and it is painfully to watch remaining games. They are only surviving. Spalletti has had luck in many monents especially last year decider game against Lazio. Now his luck has ended and those crucial games are turning into losses.

Inter's last games schedule is extremely tough. I predict Inter is out of the CL spot if Icardi stays home during the macth days. The difference between winning and losing is so small that Inter cannot give this much handicap if they want to have that 4th spot.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

13. Thanks (1): CafeCordoba

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Source: 'Inter split into factions'
    By Football Italia staff

An internal source claims the Inter dressing room is “split into three factions” and Mauro Icardi was defending his teammates from Coach Luciano Spalletti’s “hysterical” critiques.

Icardi hasn’t played or even trained with the team since he was stripped of the captaincy on February 13, officially due to a knee injury, although the club medics have given him the all-clear.

La Repubblica newspaper now publishes an expose from an unnamed member of the Inter squad who lifts the lid on what caused the chaos.

“None of us asked Spalletti to take the armband off Icardi,” insisted the mole.

“Icardi was irritated by the tone Spalletti was taking in criticising his teammates and asked the Coach to take it down a notch. After all, they were coming off a victory and there was no need to be hysterical.

“The reaction was extremely violent. And when the armband was taken off him, it was like a stain on Mauro, so he repeatedly sent messages to the club pointing out he had a 97.5 per cent record of arriving on time to training, as proof of his professionalism over the years.

“It was to no avail. Spalletti will not be moved. The club, in the race for a Champions League spot, doesn’t have the strength to intervene.”

The mole also claims the club hierarchy is affiliated with various factions within the squad, leading to an irreparably divided environment.

“The dressing room is split into three factions: Italians, South Americans and Slavs. Mauro gets along with everyone except Perisic, Marcelo Brozovic and (new captain) Samir Handanovic.

“The same cannot be said of Spalletti. The Balkanisation of Inter is by now at an advanced and irreversible stage.”

It is widely reported the main feud is between Icardi and Perisic, especially after the striker’s agent Wanda Nara said on television he’d “prefer to earn less money if Inter could find someone to give him a decent cross.”

Problems have been bubbling around the team since January, when Radja Nainggolan was considering a return to Roma and temporarily suspended for turning up late to training, then Perisic handed in a transfer request after receiving an Arsenal offer.

La Repubblica suggest director Piero Ausilio is affiliated with the Slavic ‘clan’ and would like to sell Icardi to Juventus in exchange for Paulo Dybala.

Inter President Steven Zhang is on Icardi’s side and sends messages of reassurance, trying to bring the striker back into the squad even without the armband.

Beppe Marotta, having only recently arrived, has found himself trying to mediate between the various parties.

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Honestly that sounds credible.

Also it sounds horrible we have a mole who leaks this shit but on the other hand probably the mole only wants to explain to the outside why everything is in shambles at Inter.

What a cluster-fucking-fuck. Marotta has to clean the table in the summer. Spalletti needs to be the first casualty.

16. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Serbia

It's retarded to the level where it's absolutely plausible.

So let's get a bet going on, who do you think the "mole" is? I wouldn't be suprised if it was Candreva.

18. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Italy

“Un unnamed mole” sounds a lot like “I made this up” to me, but honestly who fucking cares. They’re all gone in the summer anyway.
    Inter Banter Era; 2011-2018 Mudingayi, Schelotto, Rocchi Gone but not forgotten

20. Thanks (2): MVD, Wobblz

Fav. Player

Europe

It was kind of pro Icardi so Wanda-Icardi section came to my mind.

Also according to that no one wanted to take the captaincy from Icardi. But someone evidently wanted it and did it.

-Peppino Prisco

22. Thanks (1): forzainter257

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    It's retarded to the level where it's absolutely plausible.

So let's get a bet going on, who do you think the "mole" is? I wouldn't be suprised if it was Candreva.
    Yeah, or maybe someone who can't exactly be fit to any "faction". Asamoah or Valero perhaps? (don't think Joao Mario would be mole)

Fav. Player
    Tomas Locatelli

Kuwait

19 10 years of FIF Forum Supporter
    Keeping aside Spalletti's retarded tactical mistakes, can you blame him for losing his temper with this shit fuck of a team?

You're a manager with reputation who coaches at the top level, you have high expectations and objective on your shoulders, and then some retarded players fail to make simple amateur passes or decide to shoot from 30 meters from corner instead of just simply passing it to a teammate. How could you not lose your temper? I'd be pissed if Spalletti remained calm in these situations. I feel sorry for him when he screams in anger from the bench on TV.

Saying that, Spalletti has made of alot retarded mistakes, Icardi has been a complete professional as a player (completely the opposite off the pitch), and Inter need a new squad next summer. The manager is debatable. Spalletti is still one of the best Italian coaches and Inter's situation is fucked up. We also don't know if the available summer managers are better than Spalletti or not.
    "Alla Juve non sono dei gentlemen, è la mafia" Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Adnan View Post
    Keeping aside Spalletti's retarded tactical mistakes, can you blame him for losing his temper with this shit fuck of a team?

You're a manager with reputation who coaches at the top level, you have high expectations and objective on your shoulders, and then some retarded players fail to make simple amateur passes or decide to shoot from 30 meters from corner instead of just simply passing it to a teammate. How could you not lose your temper? I'd be pissed if Spalletti remained calm in these situations. I feel sorry for him when he screams in anger from the bench on TV.

Saying that, Spalletti has made of alot retarded mistakes, Icardi has been a complete professional as a player (completely the opposite off the pitch), and Inter need a new squad next summer. The manager is debatable. Spalletti is still one of the best Italian coaches and Inter's situation is fucked up. We also don't know if the available summer managers are better than Spalletti or not.

It's chicken or the egg dilemma here really. It's not one-sided. If Spalletti is a shitty man-manager, and causes distruption, chaos and such by himself within the squad (like has happened before in Roma, Zenit) players might not have a feel to play for the manager, at that point everything goes to shit. Then the players simply look shit and play shit. We've been able to see that recently at Chelsea (Mourinho) and Man Utd (Mourinho) as an example.

26. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Don't have one.

Bosnia Herzegovina

Icardi was irritated by the tone Spalletti was taking in criticising his teammates and asked the Coach to take it down a notch. After all, they were coming off a victory and there was no need to be hysterical.
    Our hero lost his captaincy defending his teammates.This is some north korea level of propaganda

But in all seriousness we already kind of knew everything written there except maybe that it all started between mauro and spalleti...
    And ausilio picking sides....He grow some balls, i m proud of him

Who am i kidding its probably a bullshit article

28. Thanks (1): Jerry

Fav. Player
    Skriniar

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Of course that has probably been just an ignition of the stripping the armband and there's been quarrel going on between Icardi and Spalletti for some time. Spallo decided to pick a side (Balkans) and go with it then. If it's only coach decision and management hasn't been involved too much, it's a MASSSSSSSSSSIVE fuckup by everyone (Spalletti and the management). Spalletti for destroying the value of the most valuable asset we have. Management for allowing this kind of shit to happen at the first place that Spallo can just strip the captaincy from Icardi.

30. Thanks (1): Adriano@10

Fav. Player

Europe

When it happened Spalletti claimed that it wasn't him who took the armband off Icardi.
    Last edited by IRR26; 16 Mar 19 at 15:21. Reason: -k

-Peppino Prisco

32. Thanks (1): Jerry