View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

    40 17.78%
  • To a top four finish?

    152 67.56%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

    16 7.11%
  • To an EL Spot?

    28 12.44%
  • Outside the European places?

    12 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 282 of 288 FirstFirst ... 182232272279280281282283284285 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 5745

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

  1. #5621
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,742
    Thanked
    17,871 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Just to state some facts:

    - Inter are 3rd and still 5 points ahead of 4th placed club
    - We are on 60 points after 32 games, exactly the same as last season
    - We had Europe this season, 10 extra midweek games and the psychological impact of getting knocked out

    Without Europe, we would have been even higher in the table. It is reasonable to say that we have made progress over last season. This despite changing our style of play this season as the team is getting more comfortable playing out from the defence.

    Spalletti delivered considerable improvement at Inter in his first season, and now is delivering improvement over his first season. Whether we change coach or not this summer is about upgrading or about alignment of top management (Moratta) and the coach. However continuing with Spalletti should be and probably is the default option. He has delivered enough to justify it.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 15 Apr 19 at 08:42.


  2. #5622
    dax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 Sep 17
    Posts
    1,719
    Thanked
    3,623 times

    Serbia

    I forgot, didn't Zhang task Spallo with winning us a trophy this year?

  3. Thanks (1): Il Drago

  4. #5623
    Toninu's Avatar
    Join Date
    12 Oct 06
    Posts
    11,517
    Thanked
    6,942 times
    Fav. Player
    Walter Samuel

    Brazil

    71 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Inter are 3rd and still 5 points ahead of 4th placed club. We are on 60 points after 32 games, exactly the same as last season. When you consider the fact that we had Europe this season, its reasonable to say that we have done better this season than last. Because Europe isn't just about fatigue from 10 extra midweek games, but also the psychological damage that comes from getting knocked out. If we didn't have Europe this season, maybe we would be 5-10 points further ahead.

    Spalletti delivered considerable improvement at Inter in his first season, and is now delivering improvement over his first season. Whether we change coach or not this summer is about upgrading, however I would say that continuing with Spalletti should be and probably is the default option. He has delivered enough to justify it.
    I would also add that we have a worse first 11 than the second half of last season, we had strength in depth in the beginning of the season which helped a lot (notwithstanding the slow start we had).

    I think the fact that we managed to steer the ship while we threw Icardi overboard and picking him back up after a month is a credit to Spalletti. All we need is about 5-7 points and I'm willing to bet that our CL spot is secure.
    PUT CRESPO IN LGI

    #RIPRENDIRAFINHA

    #SACKBALDY

    #LOSERMENTALITY

  5. Thanks (2): Bluenine, Rain

  6. #5624
    Il Drago's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Dec 15
    Posts
    5,849
    Thanked
    12,173 times
    Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

    Greece

    Most Improved Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    I forgot, didn't Zhang task Spallo with winning us a trophy this year?
    Indeed. Apart from the fact it was mentioned on the media Spalletti needs to win a trophy to keep his job, both Marotta and Spalletti had said that Inter need to win a trophy this season.

    Marotta:

    Inter, Marotta: "The goal is to raise a trophy this season."

    Inter's new CEO Beppe Marotta spoke to the press leading up to the team's match against Chievo, as a win would give the team grasp of third place in the standings.

    "It's normal that there's the maximum concentration. We know that Chievo is going through a strong moment, they could make things challenging for us."

    Marotta also spoke about the upcoming transfer market, as he wants to avoid excessive enthusiasm on their upcoming moves: "The January market offers just a little quality. It will be very difficult to find the right players to sign in this session. The goal for Inter is to raise a trophy this season. Then, during the summer session we will work on improving the quality of the roster. That's the club's intention."
    Spalletti:

    With Inter out of the Champions League in the group stage, can the Coppa Italia be their best chance of silverware?

    “It is certainly an objective. This is probably the simplest to achieve, because there are fewer games on the way to the Final. Big clubs take part and it’ll be tough, but a side like Inter must aim for victory.”
    Luis Figo: "When I signed for Inter it was simply about looking for football happiness."

  7. Thanks (1): dax21

  8. #5625
    Materazzi_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Jul 17
    Posts
    504
    Thanked
    661 times
    Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

    Netherlands

    Yes statiscally we may did the same or slighly better than last year. But that is a weak argument for keeping Spalletti.

    The way we play football, the way the players act towards Spalletti and towards eachother is all a sign Spalletti should go. And i'm not even mentioning his press conferences and talking about Icardi etc, his stupid subs and cowardly approach of football.

    The only reason we are in 3th place is because the teams below us are even weaker just watch Roma and Lazio. It's not a big achievement to end above these teams.


  9. #5626
    CafeCordoba's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 Mar 04
    Posts
    21,769
    Thanked
    11,168 times
    Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

    Finland

    39 10 years of FIF
    Exactly. Specially Roma is weak as fuck and basically the biggest reason we are heading to CL at this moment.

  10. #5627
    Somebody stop me! Devious's Avatar
    Join Date
    30 Sep 06
    Posts
    14,773
    Thanked
    32,370 times
    Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

    Egypt

    10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster

    Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children


  11. #5628
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,742
    Thanked
    17,871 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    Yes statiscally we may did the same or slighly better than last year. But that is a weak argument for keeping Spalletti.

    The only reason we are in 3th place is because the teams below us are even weaker just watch Roma and Lazio. It's not a big achievement to end above these teams.
    We are better than last season is a perfectly reasonable argument for not wasting 25m from our precious budget just to change the coach.

    I think a weak argument is that "we are 3rd because teams below us are weaker". LOL, thats always the case for any position. Juve are champions for the last 7 seasons because the other teams were weaker, so maybe they should have been sacking their coach every season too?

  12. #5629
    Materazzi_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Jul 17
    Posts
    504
    Thanked
    661 times
    Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

    Netherlands

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    We are better than last season is a perfectly reasonable argument for not wasting 25m from our precious budget just to change the coach.

    I think a weak argument is that "we are 3rd because teams below us are weaker". LOL, thats always the case for any position. Juve are champions for the last 7 seasons because the other teams were weaker, so maybe they should have been sacking their coach every season too?
    Yes, deleting half of my comment with valid arguments to make your point. Good job.


    So if we were shit last year and we are less shit this year is a good argument to keep him? I agree with you that 25m for sacking a coach is a good argument to not do it, but it is the only argument to keep Spalletti in my opinion.

  13. #5630
    Bluenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Feb 09
    Posts
    8,742
    Thanked
    17,871 times
    Fav. Player
    Zanetti

    England

    10 years of FIF Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Materazzi_23 View Post
    So if we were shit last year and we are less shit this year is a good argument to keep him? I agree with you that 25m for sacking a coach is a good argument to not do it, but it is the only argument to keep Spalletti in my opinion.
    You would be right if we were shit last season. We weren't. We had a good season and finally achieved our objective of CL qualification after many many years of failure. And this season we have done better than last season, as the stats suggest in my posts above. Not exactly grounds for sacking the coach, specially like you agree that it would cost 25m.

    However if there is an opportunity to upgrade the coach, we shouldn't ignore it. I don't consider Conte an upgrade. I am sure most of us will have different opinions on this, but for me an upgrade is a whole level better coach and ideally someone who can take the same style a notch or two up (instead of starting from scratch to develop a completely different style). I rate Conte in the same level as Mancini or Spalletti - maybe a bit more or a bit less. And he is also of a very different style and will need to start from scratch. IMO the only reason Conte is rated higher at FIF by some is because he hasn't coached at Inter yet (Just wait till he starts Candreva in every game and in 3 months most people here will want Conte sacked).

    Coaches like Pep or Klopp are a level better than Spalletti, and more or less in the direction of where we are trying to go style wise. I am sure nobody will object if Inter change to a coach of that level, if we have the funds to support that. Mourinho was also a level better, but these days he seems like an analog coach in a digital world.




    (EDIT Regarding the delete-gate: Sorry mate, I did not delete anything nor do I have the kind of powers to do so. Your full post is there above for anyone to read. I just copied two of your points that I disagreed with and wanted to respond to in my post. I always do this to make my posts more precise, there was no intention to dilute your argument and I apologise if thats what it felt like.)
    Last edited by Bluenine; 15 Apr 19 at 17:46.

  14. #5631
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanked
    2,319 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Just to state some facts:

    - Inter are 3rd and still 5 points ahead of 4th placed club
    - We are on 60 points after 32 games, exactly the same as last season
    - We had Europe this season, 10 extra midweek games and the psychological impact of getting knocked out

    Without Europe, we would have been even higher in the table. It is reasonable to say that we have made progress over last season. This despite changing our style of play this season as the team is getting more comfortable playing out from the defence.

    Spalletti delivered considerable improvement at Inter in his first season, and now is delivering improvement over his first season. Whether we change coach or not this summer is about upgrading or about alignment of top management (Moratta) and the coach. However continuing with Spalletti should be and probably is the default option. He has delivered enough to justify it.
    Amen.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

  15. #5632
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanked
    2,319 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    2 big upgrades and spalletti can have us contending in serie A. CL is a different story, and he needs to adjust the teams appraoach.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

  16. #5633
    Linege's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 Sep 12
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanked
    1,117 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Russian Federation

    ask spalletti fans what they like the most in spallo inter


    the reason why we are still 3rd is the same why juve got 7 in a row
    Inter Banter era 2011-
    Italian for dummies:

    regista- vecino
    trequartista- nainggolan
    fantasista- candreva
    prima punta- ranocchia

  17. Thanks (1): forzainter257

  18. #5634
    andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    02 Nov 11
    Posts
    818
    Thanked
    643 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Romania

    Quote Originally Posted by Lui View Post
    2 big upgrades and spalletti can have us contending in serie A. CL is a different story, and he needs to adjust the teams appraoach.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Sorry mate! We are a few years before we can give Juventus a fight for scudetto! At least 2 years!
    From our current starters only Skrniar would start in Juventus first 11. And don't forget the depth! They are a really deep squad and we are dreadful.
    We need a fucking plan to be executed over 2 years period at least! Hopefully Marotta has already one! (he is my only hope here. The other from our management are retarded).

  19. #5635

    Join Date
    04 Jul 15
    Posts
    39
    Thanked
    57 times

    Italy

    My first concern is that he is not capable of managing the players. You have to be able to make everybody feel important. He has his idea and stick with it no matters what. He ALWAYS choose Vecino over Gagliardini, Perisic over Keita and Icardi over Lautaro and I underline ALWAYS.

    Second, physical preparation was bad planned (start and mid season). We had a bad start of the season, player were clearly suffering the heavy training and he did not had a plan B. We made 1 point w/ Sassuolo, 3 w/ Torino, 3 w/Bologna and 3 w/ Parma - 10 points out of 24 against these opponents is not enough.

    The CL group was hard but after you have an advantage of 5 points after 2 games you simply can not play like that and fail to enter the knock out stage. We needed 3 point in the remaining 4 matches and we fail. And all he could do was imply a lack of mentality from his players...

    At the end this year he lost Cancelo but obtain De Vrij, Asamoha, HIS Nainngolan (choosed over Rafinha), Keita, Politano and Lautaro. Roma who was ahead of us last season basically committed suicide on the transfer market... so where is the improvement? With this team I expected to have a season like Napoli... I even had to see Milan overtaking us.

  20. Thanks (1): forzainter257

  21. #5636
    Materazzi_23's Avatar
    Join Date
    31 Jul 17
    Posts
    504
    Thanked
    661 times
    Fav. Player
    MILAN SKRINIAR

    Netherlands

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    You would be right if we were shit last season. We weren't. We had a good season and finally achieved our objective of CL qualification after many many years of failure. And this season we have done better than last season, as the stats suggest in my posts above. Not exactly grounds for sacking the coach, specially like you agree that it would cost 25m.

    However if there is an opportunity to upgrade the coach, we shouldn't ignore it. I don't consider Conte an upgrade. I am sure most of us will have different opinions on this, but for me an upgrade is a whole level better coach and ideally someone who can take the same style a notch or two up (instead of starting from scratch to develop a completely different style). I rate Conte in the same level as Mancini or Spalletti - maybe a bit more or a bit less. And he is also of a very different style and will need to start from scratch. IMO the only reason Conte is rated higher at FIF by some is because he hasn't coached at Inter yet (Just wait till he starts Candreva in every game and in 3 months most people here will want Conte sacked).

    Coaches like Pep or Klopp are a level better than Spalletti, and more or less in the direction of where we are trying to go style wise. I am sure nobody will object if Inter change to a coach of that level, if we have the funds to support that. Mourinho was also a level better, but these days he seems like an analog coach in a digital world.
    Maybe I was a bit harsh to say that we were shit last season, yes we had a fairly good run at the end of the season but we also had a run of 8 matches that we didn't win so for me you can't say we had a good season. If you only look at the achievements then yes we finally got CL football again so then you could argue it was a good season with a new coach etc. So i will give you that one, taken strictly factually we had a good season by getting CL football after a long time.

    But I don't get excited watching Inter play, off course I enjoy it but the way we are playing and the whole dynamic of the team is wrong. I like that we are putting pressure early on teams and that we sort of tend to build up but after 2 years I think we can expect more of Spalletti. He is the coach so he is responsible for the team, the way it moves, the line up etc. I know we don't have quality players to challenge Juventus for the title so I'm not expecting that but I think coachewise we should upgrade if we can upgrade. We all know the matches like PSV where a good coach would win that game for you. The trouble within the squad isn't entirely his fault but again he is responsible for the team. The whole Icardi saga and the contradictions in what he said and what Marotta said. If we manage to play CL football next season he did a good job there is no doubt. But in order to make the next step I just don't think Spalletti is the right man for the job.


    I'm not a fan of Conte so I wouldn't prefer him at Inter. Mourinho would be my first choice but I'm not sure how realistic this is. I'm not convinced that Mourinho has evolved the way football did but it is Mourinho. Inter isn't a easy club to manage so I agree we shouldn't sack Spalletti for 25m without getting a better manager or the money to do it and still get good players. But with Spalletti as coach we will never win anything. So it all depends an how much we can spend this summer.
    .
    And who decided that it was a good idea to give Spalletti a contract stating that we give him 25m if we sack him?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    (EDIT Regarding the delete-gate: Sorry mate, I did not delete anything nor do I have the kind of powers to do so. Your full post is there above for anyone to read. I just copied two of your points that I disagreed with and wanted to respond to in my post. I always do this to make my posts more precise, there was no intention to dilute your argument and I apologise if thats what it felt like.)
    No problem man, it just looked like that was the only argument to get ride of Spalletti. I just misinterpreted it.

  22. #5637
    Lui's Avatar
    Join Date
    25 Nov 13
    Posts
    1,708
    Thanked
    2,319 times
    Fav. Player
    Squad Depth

    Canada

    I'm not even a big fan of his, but the burden of proof always falls on his supporters. Of the most common criticisms, his lack of hair seems to be the only one that's valid.

  23. #5638
    R9 Ronaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Oct 10
    Posts
    10,896
    Thanked
    6,947 times
    Fav. Player
    Ronaldo

    Kuwait

    9
    We have the same points as last year despite having a weaker team. Spalletti is not saint and he is not the best coach in the world but he is delivering what he was asked and specially for 25 million! No thanks, I'd keep Spalletti.

  24. #5639
    RichDAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03 Aug 15
    Posts
    359
    Thanked
    359 times
    Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

    Italy

    I'm really against the idea of keeping him for next season. We won't win anything with him. He has never won anything worth crediting. He is a good coach, but not a winner.

    People say he's managed to keep us 3rd despite all the s*** in the locker room and management, but world class managers would top all the catastrophes that happened this season.

    The UCL exit is inexcusable. After that became a domino of problems that he couldn't fix. Gone by the end of the season.

  25. Thanks (1): forzainter257

  26. #5640

    Join Date
    09 Mar 04
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanked
    1,986 times

    Australia

    10 years of FIF
    I am not keen on Spalletti staying on next season. I am tired of his drama and hysteria and his tendency to take up a contrary attitude to that of the club's management. The only things that upset me more are his favouritism towards certain players and his conservative nature. When I look back on this season, the result against PSV at home really bothers me. I hate how we played so cautiously and tentatively in the Champions League and even as I am typing this, my blood is starting to boil. I can not stand Spalletti's overly cautious nature (especially in Europe). It is embarrassing and a betrayal of our proud history. Bowing to the likes of PSV and Eintracht Frankfurt is a joke.

    However, on the flip side, i do not like the prospect of Inter wasting 25 million on paying out the remainder of his contract. I think that would be a complete waste of resources and I can not bring myself to embrace wig man Conte as Inter coach. The thought of Conte coaching Inter makes me feel dirty, as if I have been violated. I do not want another Juventino at Inter and I would rather keep Spalletti than start all over again with Conte who I feel has some form of Schizophrenia.

    Ultimately, Inter as a club are presently caught between keeping Spalletti and the shit we have had to endure with him as coach for the last two seasons or starting all over again with another coach and project. Neither option is very enticing and the club's management only has itself to blame in the sense that they could have waited before offering a renewal.

    I guess the only other thing that I would like to add is to ask which do you think is the lesser of the two evils? Keeping Spalletti? Or paying him out and getting someone else?
    Last edited by Puma; 16 Apr 19 at 02:23.
    #FlyEaglesFly

  27. Thanks (2): firmino, forzainter257

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •