View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 19.05%
  • To a top four finish?

140 66.67%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.62%
  • To an EL Spot?

25 11.90%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 90 of 194 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3874

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Black & Blue

Poland

10 years of FIF
    Spaletti delusional, like always lately.

I see a pattern here. Before the match he goes on to say how badly we need the points, then plays assenine, and after the match says that basically nothing's wrong and we're still good to go.

Wooooooooow
    Quote of the week:
    "Farewell - Let the Good Times Roll"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    F.C. INTERNAZIONALE, DEPECHE MODE, UNIA TARNOW - Nothing more...

Fav. Player
    D.Milito

Somalia

Best Forum Newcomer
    Spalletti is becoming more and more like Mancini. After the best start since the treble year, this feels worse than 2015/16 or any Mazzarri seasons

Quote Originally Posted by danz View Post
    Can we beg to FIFA to convert , lets say 30 crosses per game into 1 goal?

Fav. Player

Europe

With this situation we need to start take more risks meaning put more attackers on the field. At this scoring rate Inter is not in CL next season.
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

Fav. Player
    Icardi

Albania

Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    With this situation we need to start take more risks meaning put more attackers on the field. At this scoring rate Inter is not in CL next season.
    You are aware that you are talking about Spalletti. He doesn't take risks. It is more likely that his plan will even be more defensive.

Fav. Player

Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Palacio View Post
    You are aware that you are talking about Spalletti. He doesn't take risks. It is more likely that his plan will even be more defensive.
    Isn't Spalletti remembered of his attacking game especially at his first stint in Roma? Also I remember admiring the fluidity and speed of Roma play while Spalletti was with them now in two previous years. Where is all that, I wonder?
    "There are two big teams in Milano. Inter and Inter Primavera"
    "Dell'Alpi empty? You can buy games, but you can't buy real fans"
    "A prognostic for Juventus - Milan? I hope they will both lose"

-Peppino Prisco

Build the new stadium already!

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRR26 View Post
    Isn't Spalletti remembered of his attacking game especially at his first stint in Roma? Also I remember admiring the fluidity and speed of Roma play while Spalletti was with them now in two previous years. Where is all that, I wonder?
    this club sucks the life out of coaches and players...it's a thing...for real..because the planning at this club is piss poor...or worse...grande AUSILIO! AND SUNING AND THE REST OF DEM MOFOS...
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    We Interisti acknowledge the fact that he has been handicapped by Suning's limitations and we don't know if this team is really good enough to overtake Lazio and Roma for CL places but he has sure proven himself to be a tactically limited coach. This team doesn't score goals apart from Perisic and Icardi, there are ZERO goals from midfield lol and when faced with a situation that we have to attack and score goals then he holds back then tries to change things too late. He lacks courage for me. There is no such thing as a plan B. How many times have we said these in the last few months;

1. This game is totally on Spalletti.
    2. Change things now, its getting too late.
    3. When things start to work, he chops and changes like Benitez.

If we really miss out on CL then along with Suning, Spalletti is to be blamed as well. Our curse of poor management continues. Competent management chooses wise coaches. I really don't know if he is the coach to take us to CL now really. We're hanging by a thread right now and have been very very lucky. I've been an Interista since 2003 and I know that only tactically astute + defense minded coaches have done well here.

Spalletti is good (better than Mazzari, Pioli) but he is not THAT good. (I'm not calling for his head right now)

Feel free to disagree.
    Spoiler: text 

8. Thanks (4): dax21, hitmax, Il Drago, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    I m not sure we can blame spaletti for our midfield and candreva not scoring goals! I mean its not like they dont get any great chance our mid plus candreva should easily have scored 10 to 15 goals of the chances they got but somhow they managed to fuck up 90% of the even if the goal was open!

Not sure a coach can do much about his players missing the easiest of chances.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by Adriano@10 View Post
    I m not sure we can blame spaletti for our midfield and candreva not scoring goals!
    That stopped being true around the time Inter Bells was released to be honest. If players are underperforming then it's your job to either motivate them or improve them. But once some more time has gone and you haven't improved your players at all while still starting those same two underperforming players (Perisic and Candreva) for 99.9% of the games, then it's pretty much your own fault. Bump Karamoh up on the ladder, deploy a primavera kid, rotate Eder to a different position instead, switch something around, think of something new, that's your job at the end of the day and what you are being paid for. Having a winger who starts every single damn game the entire season while providing zero goals is just asking for it. Einstein said something very similar to that about insanity.

11. Thanks (1): hitmax

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

In the second round Inter have scored 16 goals, 2 less than Benevento. The coach needs to take some blame for that.

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Typical Inter reaction to set up the coach for failure and then blame him for everything, its almost predictable:

1. Starting point is a shit team full of gaps (see last season)
    2. Sign a good coach and hype him up ("Spalletti is our best signing")
    3. Promise him the world ("#InterIsComing")
    4. Don't give him the players he needs (Nainggolan, etc)
    5. Extrapolate initial results to hype up the expectations ("Inter da Scudetto")
    6. Blame the coach for everything when things go pear-shaped (see comments above)

Won't we ever learn?

I think fans calling for Spalletti to be sacked are delusional. He is as good a coach as we will get at this stage, its not like Pep or Mou are dying to take over. If we just give Spalletti time to build the team he wants over a few transfer windows, we will get there. If we don't have the budget promised to Spalletti, then at least we must have patience.

If we sack him and get another coach of the same level (or lower, as we usually do), we will stay where we are - as a shit, confused club throwing away money to change their coach every year instead of building slowly.

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Pessimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
    Typical Inter reaction to set up the coach for failure and then blame him for everything, its almost predictable:

5. Extrapolate initial results to hype up the expectations ("Inter da Scudetto")
    6. Blame the coach when things go pear-shaped (see comments above)

Won't we ever learn?

I think fans calling for Spalletti to be sacked are delusional. He is as good a coach as we will get at this stage, and his track record is proof enough that he is good to take us to the next stage. Its not like Pep or Mou are dying to take over from Spalletti. If we just give Spalletti time to build the team he wants, we will get there. If we sack him and get another coach of the same level (or lower), we will stay where we are - as a shit, confused club throwing away money to change their strategy every year instead of building slowly.
    exactly this...and no other way but this...more thinking in this direction...but the majority here just want blood for the sheer fuck of it...because they don't understand the real problems of this club...easiest is to blame the coach every time...and hit repeat ffs
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

15. Thanks (2): Bluenine, varmin

Serbia

Seems to me like some people are incapable of non-binary ways of thinking and can't help but either loathe the guy or praise him to high heavens.

I'm politely waiting for one of you Spalletti ass kissers to explain to a feeble minded, blood-thirsty simpleton that is me who doesn't understand the """real""" problem: how is it Suning, lack of Naiggolan, poor mentality of the players or anything that you might feel free to add up actually to blame for Spalletti waiting until 80th minute against Atalanta to field in subs? Did Suning come up to touchline against Torino, put a gun to Spalletti's head and told him to wait until 85th minute to field in Frog as a striker? Was it the promising ghost of Nainggolan that haunted Spalletti into subbing that useless midget ballerina Eder in for Candreva in 78th minute in the Milano derby?

Please. I don't want to hear dumb excuses that have to do with lack of bench depth when we don't even use the what little of available bench we have. Even if you had your Nainggolan, Pastore and SMS on the bench Spalletti would still deploy Valero and Candreva.

Fav. Player
    Wallace
    Old name
    Wallace

Brazil

88 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF
    Yeah some of the decisions lately seem to be setup intentionally for failure. I mean, Karamohís curious last minute sub case when Candreva is out. Santonís mysterious return. Ranocchiaís new transformation into towering striker. Not to mention the strange cases: Perisic decides to show up when it doesnít matter and disappears when it matters. Valero turning from a maestro to a useless pedestrian.

Perhaps we want to make the last game against Lazio the decider.

Dont really wanna accuse anyone anything, but some decisions lately whenever our competitors lose points, we seem to be equally bad if not worse intentionally. Itís completely bizarre, Roma and Lazio have been dropping insane points, we really could have taken advantage of their failures on multiple occasions.

Thats my conspiracy theory.

Now my real theory: we just suck, full stop.
    Wallace

18. Thanks (4): A.l.i, Adriano@10, danz, Palacio

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post

6. Blame the coach for everything when things go pear-shaped (see comments above)

Won't we ever learn?

I think fans calling for Spalletti to be sacked are delusional. He is as good a coach as we will get at this stage, its not like Pep or Mou are dying to take over. If we just give Spalletti time to build the team he wants over a few transfer windows, we will get there. If we don't have the budget promised to Spalletti, then at least we must have patience.

If we sack him and get another coach of the same level (or lower, as we usually do), we will stay where we are - as a shit, confused club throwing away money to change their coach every year instead of building slowly.
    Who is calling for his head? I didn't in my post above. Fact is that even if he gets champions in his side, he'll still remain a tactically limited coach and you can't compete with Juve for the Scudetto being one.
    Spoiler: text 

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by dax21 View Post
    Seems to me like some people are incapable of non-binary ways of thinking and can't help but either loathe the guy or praise him to high heavens.

I'm politely waiting for one of you Spalletti ass kissers to explain to a feeble minded, blood-thirsty simpleton that is me who doesn't understand the """real""" problem: how is it Suning, lack of Naiggolan, poor mentality of the players or anything that you might feel free to add up actually to blame for Spalletti waiting until 80th minute against Atalanta to field in subs? Did Suning come up to touchline against Torino, put a gun to Spalletti's head and told him to wait until 85th minute to field in Frog as a striker? Was it the promising ghost of Nainggolan that haunted Spalletti into subbing that useless midget ballerina Eder in for Candreva in 78th minute in the Milano derby?

Please. I don't want to hear dumb excuses that have to do with lack of bench depth when we don't even use the what little of available bench we have. Even if you had your Nainggolan, Pastore and SMS on the bench Spalletti would still deploy Valero and Candreva.
    I ll give you candreva! But as far as the midfield goes he tryed everyone and none of them seems to be capable to score the easiest of chences! I just dont see how that is his fault our midfielders should have easily combined for 10 to 15 goals so far with the chances they got but all of the failed miserably!

Also i m in no way saying he should not take the blame for our current form or our standing in the table just think it s unfair to blame him for the lack of goal contribution from our midfield!
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

21. Thanks (2): dax21, Rain

Fav. Player
    Zanetti

England

Most Serious Member Transfer Guru
    Does it sound like I'm praising Spalletti? That wasn't the intent, I don't think he has done a great job with what he has got. But I don't think he has done terribly either. And I am acknowledging the fact that Inter haven't given him what he needs, what was supposedly promised to him. Judging a coach who hasn't got the players that suit his strategy is like judging a player who is being played out of position.

Let me use your style of argument to criticise Icardi - because this is how your argument sounds to me:

"I'm politely waiting for one of you Icardi ass kissers to explain to a feeble minded, blood-thirsty simpleton that is me who doesn't understand the """real""" problem: how is lack of creativity, lack of midfield, poor supply or anything that you might feel free to add up actually to blame for Icardi missing 2 piss easy sitters against Milan? Did Ausilio come up to touchline against Milan, put a gun to Icardi's head and told him to shoot wide from 4 yards? Was it the promising ghost of Eriksen that haunted Icardi into not being able to tap the ball into the net in the final minutes?

Please. I don't want to hear dumb excuses that have to do with lack of creativity when we don't even use the few chances we created. Even if you had your Sanchez, Eriksen and de Bruyne creating for him, Icardi would still miss all his chances."

Spalletti has a track record, just as Icardi. They will make mistakes but we know their capability. Judging either based on a few incidents is silly. Fact is that Icardi is the 2nd highest scorer in Serie A this season, and even with the lack of investment Spalletti will get us our highest point total since 2011.

Given time and resources, Spalletti will come good for Inter.
    Last edited by Bluenine; 16 Apr 18 at 15:39.

Serbia

Icardi missed 2 or 3 sitters in the entire season whereas Spalletti has been making questionable at best and straight up abysmal choices at worst throughout the entire season, since day 1. I think that makes your comparison and analogy moot, no matter how well intended it was meant to be.

Man, I'm just tired of looking forward to Inter games all week long only for Spalletti to make me angry with his choices. At this point I swear I'd much rather have someone like Gattuso (so, Matrix?) who isn't really the biggest football IQ in the world, or IQ at all, but who has a sensible street-smarts type of head on his shoulders and who doesn't make dumb decisions so often. I would like to see everyone get a fair chance to play and prove themselves with well done subs and not get into CL for another season or two if needed than make it to CL now only to have to watch this trainwreck twice as often.

I did say that he should be sacked in this thread a couple of pages back literally seconds after the Atalanta game but that was obviously a heat of the moment thing. With a more sober mind I can say that I don't necessarily want him sacked. But it's very unnerving and straight up insufferable to read posts of people like JJM who don't acknowledge any wrongdoing and seem to just bury their head in the sand and praise [insert whoever, in this thread its Spalletti], almost religiously as if some superstition is going to make it give a positive outcome in the end. But I also have to admit that I am more opposed to sacking out of no chance that we can get someone better than anything else.
    We just managed to get ourselves in a functioning groove with Brozo in midfield and then he switches to a 3-man defense out of the blue. He goes half a season without any experimentation whatsoever, then when we are stuck in a rut he miraculously stumbles first into a functioning solution only to apparently not even realize it and to change things further.

Just like Dalbert and Joao Mario have been failures this season, so has Spalletti to a degree. He sure as hell is not what we bargained for, and he sure as hell is not what he was in Roma. He had balls at Roma and now almost an entire season with Inter and he still has to show an ounce of something resembling winner's mentality. From a fan's perspective, I don't enjoy watching Inter this season whatsoever and that's mostly due to Spalletti. It's not exactly Mancini level of frustration but it's quite worse than with Pioli last year. This is obviously very subjective and I don't expect people to relate but I guess it's fair to paint the picture.

24. Thanks (3): Il Drago, Palacio, Sqnalkel

Vatican

10 years of FIF Most Serious Member
    I don't get all this.

We only have 13 players. What do you want him to do?
    What would you do? Even in simulation games like Football Manager or FIFA/PES, what's the first thing any of you would do? That's right, sign some players. Spalletti lives in the real world and that's not really an option it seems after September.

We have seen Spalletti do a great job at Udinese with peanuts.
    We have seen Spalletti do a great job at Roma with no striker, developing Totti into one of the most elite forwards of the world when he was just a trequartista and almost winning the league.
    He's had success in Russia and whenever he didn't win the league it was because of non-sporting reasons or he lost for a single point or something, with not great but decent Euro campaigns.
    We've seen him recover Roma from a trash team and make them #2 in Italy playing very good football.
    We've also seen him get results with Inter that weren't expected for the first couple of months until the December collapse, so much that people were calling for a Scudetto until that point.

We know who Spalletti is. We also know what Inter looks like without a good coach and with a stupid management. So just relax and let Spallo do his work.

26. Thanks (2): Ffi201zi002tlis, morrisama

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Spalletti: No longer in our hands
    By Football Italia staff

Luciano Spalletti admits the Champions League is ‘no longer’ in Inter’s hands as ‘winning is our only objective’, starting against Cagliari on Tuesday.

A run of three games without a win have left Inter a point outside Serie A’s top four, and Spalletti demanded more ‘character’ and ‘goals’ from his team in their final six matches of the season.

"We’d built up a small advantage, but we’ve put it back into play,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“We can no longer manage anything in terms of the table. Winning is our only objective, even if I don’t know how many points will be needed to qualify for the Champions League.

“We’re still putting in decent performances, but goals make the difference: if you score, you can take three points.

“If you don’t score, you’re limited to one [point]. I expect us to move forward in terms of character.

“Our work is geared towards helping those who haven’t scored much. The other players have what it takes to score goals, besides Icardi and Perisic.

“There are only six games left, we all have to find new solutions and can’t wait for someone else to come up with them.

“However, I want to point out that only Juventus, Napoli and Lazio have scored more than us, while the Biancocelesti have conceded more: there’s always a balance.

“Drawing with Atalanta? Something was wrong in the first 20 minutes, but then we recovered. I don’t think the game could’ve gone much better.

“With a back three? I’m always calm, also with a four. For me, what’s in front of the defence is more important than its numerical composition.

“No Candreva with a three? I can play him closer to the forwards, and if one of him, Perisic and Rafinha miss out, we’d compensate with more width in defence.

“Roma? They have the Champions League but a better calendar too. Their comeback against Barcelona has also given them so much motivation.

“They took a leap forward in terms of mentality: now they can have their say against anyone.”