View Poll Results: Where will Spalletti lead us this season?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scudetto contender?

40 17.78%
  • To a top four finish?

152 67.56%
  • To the Coppa Italia trophy?

16 7.11%
  • To an EL Spot?

28 12.44%
  • Outside the European places?

12 5.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 227 of 289 FirstFirst ... 127177217224225226227228229230237277 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 5774

Thread: Luciano Spalletti

Fav. Player
    Adriano

Belgium

Even when he had the dressing room and the player's trust, the football still sucked. I don't get why he is so clueless. If the players don't listen, then play other guys who do listen.

Is it so impossible for Spallo to construct any plan? Perisic has been massively out of form since the WC, still can play every game. Radja doesn't give a fuck, Politano is still making the same mistakes since he first arrived, ...
    There's no improvement
    Forza Internazionale Milano
    Buffalo KAA Gent - Belgian Champions 2014-2015

http://forzainterforums.com/showthre...=1#post1395711

2. Thanks (3): bjwam4, MVD, yoszee

Fav. Player
    Oba

24 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Even when he had the dressing room and the player's trust, the football still sucked. I don't get why he is so clueless. If the players don't listen, then play other guys who do listen.

Is it so impossible for Spallo to construct any plan? Perisic has been massively out of form since the WC, still can play every game. Radja doesn't give a fuck, Politano is still making the same mistakes since he first arrived, ...
    There's no improvement
    Really?
    Imho up until that Lazio game which imho was our best game this season we were steadily improving since he took over. Of course there were set backs here and there but overall i d say we were on the right track till that lazio and genoa game then i m not sure what happened.

I know right now it looks like we are playing just like we did under mancini but before this current slump we were playing better football than what we did in the previous 5/6 years not that thats saying a lot.
    Last edited by Adriano@10; 09 Feb 19 at 22:21.
    Which matches do you feel more, those with Juventus or Milan?
    "With Milan, without doubt. And I don't like the Rossoneri fans either because they have a way of behaving, particularly when they win, that I don't appreciate."
    Javier Zanetti

4. Thanks (4): J.., Rain, thatdude, Wings

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Spalletti must use 4-4-2 in the next game with Icardi-Lautaro parternship, Perisic on the left, Nainggolan-Brozovic in the middle and one of Joao Mario or Politano on the right. Enough of this Vecino running around silliness and enough of this crossfest.

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    I'd definitely test that setup. Perisic works hard defensively and when Politano is instructed to do the same, I think we are covered well enough. Icardi-Lautaro will probably create so much more havoc up front if they play as striking duo.

Fav. Player
    Diego Milito

Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by brehme1989 View Post
    Spalletti must use 4-4-2 in the next game with Icardi-Lautaro parternship, Perisic on the left, Nainggolan-Brozovic in the middle and one of Joao Mario or Politano on the right. Enough of this Vecino running around silliness and enough of this crossfest.
    Next game europa league, i expect lautaro to start alone and icardi bench/rested.

8. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    Spalletti!
    Old name
    icardiscores

Slovenia

91 Forum Supporter 10 years of FIF Most Optimistic Member Most Passionate Member
    Lmao

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
    http://img-comment-lol.9cache.com/me...25_700wa_0.gif

Spallo Inter coach for the next 5 years!

Fav. Player
    Wesley Sneijder

Greece

Most Improved Member
    Spalletti: 'Need clarity on Icardi'
    Football Italia

Luciano Spalletti praised Radja Nainggolan and Ivan Perisic after Inter beat Parma, but warned they “need to sit down and talk about” the Mauro Icardi contract issue.

Lautaro Martinez came off the bench and within 120 seconds had scored the decisive goal at the Tardini, which was also the first Serie A goal of 2019 for Inter after firing blanks for three rounds in a row.

“We have the potential to overcome difficult moments. Clearly, at times we cannot handle the pressure of what others try to place on our shoulders,” the Coach told DAZN.

“This time we were well-organised. Parma tried to nibble at us in the first half, but they are unaccustomed to being given the initiative. When you get drawn in by their passing, you lose the ball and find yourself up against a deadly counter-attack.”

Radja Nainggolan provided the assist for Lautaro Martinez and seemed to be a little closer to his old self.

“He showed some of the old breakaways as a defensive playmaker, so ensured Parma could only attempt shots that Milan Skriniar and Stefan de Vrij interpreted very well.

“Ivan Perisic is capable of using both feet, so he needs to practice more on his right-foot finishing.”

Spalletti was asked about Icardi’s mood with this his seventh Serie A game in a row without a goal, but the response from the Coach seemed to be aimed more at the club and contract renegotiations than the player himself.

“I have not created any problems for Icardi. Issues need to be clarified, because when you leave things half-cocked, they become open to interpretation.

“People have said a few too many things, now there is time to sit down and talk about something we’ve avoided and dragged along with us for months.”

Icardi seemed very isolated in attack until Lautaro Martinez’s introduction, so could Inter go down the route of the two Argentines together?

“Icardi and Martinez are two centre-forwards, so we must find the right moment. They have very similar characteristics. Besides, we need more support from the wingers, as today Perisic put in a great performance.

“Unfortunately, we gave away some cheap possession that normally would’ve allowed us to create chances.”

11. Thanks (2): Devious, MVD

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

it sounds like a roundabout way to tell that the contract issue is affecting him. also, clearly we won't be seeing much of icardi-martinez playing together.
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

13. Thanks (3): MVD, n4l, thatdude

Fav. Player
    Pirlo, Figo

United States

Still in a funk about the contract... Please grow up! By all appearances Inter is willing to pay for " a deserved increase" based on past performance prior to 2019. However if this problem continues maybe a rethink is in order..

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsabu View Post
    Next game europa league, i expect lautaro to start alone and icardi bench/rested.
    He and Wanda should start writing his new contact, after that stupid book that would be new highlight of his writing and football career.
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

16. Thanks (1): GenDire

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    I liked that he mentioned the Icardi contract issue, has the Inter management renewed the contract before our next fixture, I believe Icardi will give more than 100% on the field for his coach.

Well played Spalletti.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

18. Thanks (5): GenDire, MVD, phonk, Pimpin, Provi

Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Il Drago View Post
    Spalletti: 'Need clarity on Icardi'

“I have not created any problems for Icardi. Issues need to be clarified, because when you leave things half-cocked, they become open to interpretation.

“People have said a few too many things, now there is time to sit down and talk about something we’ve avoided and dragged along with us for months.”
    The media have turned this into "Spalletti asks the directors to renew Icardi", but the full speech by Luciano and the subtle hint at Icardi being "affected" and "disturbed" by all the talks seems also like an ironic shot fired at Mauro and our "shadow sporting director" (as someone started to call her) Wanda Nara.

At last, if that's the case.

20. Thanks (1): varmin

Fav. Player
    Il Capitano

Pakistan

95 10 years of FIF
    For me these are just excuses by him. I never saw the likes of Ronaldinho, Henry, CR7, Messi get affected by their "contract talks." Load of rubbish. His contract still has 2 years left and its not like Icardi isn't getting paid. The whole team goes through this winter bad spell and everyone suffers including Icardi. Has been going on for the last few years now.

Not too wise in his current situation to have another dig at our directors.
    Spoiler: text 

22. Thanks (1): Nyall

Greece

10 years of FIF Best Football Poster Most Serious Member Most Stubborn Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by A.l.i View Post
    For me these are just excuses by him. I never saw the likes of Ronaldinho, Henry, CR7, Messi get affected by their "contract talks." Load of rubbish. His contract still has 2 years left and its not like Icardi isn't getting paid. The whole team goes through this winter bad spell and everyone suffers including Icardi. Has been going on for the last few years now.

Not too wise in his current situation to have another dig at our directors.

Ronaldinho
    Messi
    Cristiano

Henry

P.S: Was Ronaldinho ever being paid less than Guti? Was Messi ever getting paid less than Benzema? Curious...

Fav. Player
    Skri, Brozo, I9

Finland

39 10 years of FIF
    Di Marzio's assessment is that Spallo has put the management in pressure with his words regarding Icardi's contract.

It's hard to tell, because we don't know the status of the contract negotiations and what is the management's ultimate will regarding the contract.

Fav. Player
    4-12-22-23
    Old name
    Josi

United States

10 years of FIF
    I think Spalleti made a mistake with that statement.
    I mean, your ass is barely hanging by a thread. Not sure if it was wise to put that out in public like that.
    You haven’t been delivering yourself lately, who are you to put the management on blast like that?
    Also, the timing is terrible. It’s like adding fuel to the fire. No need to point fingers right now.

Fav. Player
    Miranda

Italy

I have already read 4 different interpretations of spalletti's words (including my own). The guy really is like the Delphic oracle, you can make a million things of what he says
    My username has nothing to do with the player of liverpool fc, it is a reference to an Italian novel.

27. Thanks (1): MVD

Fav. Player
    4 & 10

Bosnia Herzegovina

35 10 years of FIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    I liked that he mentioned the Icardi contract issue, has the Inter management renewed the contract before our next fixture, I believe Icardi will give more than 100% on the field for his coach.
    He can find other ways to motivate his players. This is like when you give candies to kids if they behave.

Radja is drunk and late, it’s ok. I’ll be quiet and he’ll fight for me
    Icardi underperform, it’s ok. He needs new contract and more money to be happy again
    Perisic hands transfer request, we should be quiet so he can be happy for the rest of time here

One day he’ll stay without candies and what will he do?
    ... “Every time I see Walter Mazzarri’s Press conferences I have this doubt: Is he really such an idiot or does he just think we all are?”

Parma team manager Sandro Melli

29. Thanks (4): Devious, MVD, varmin, yoszee

Fav. Player
    L'pool Youtube

Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    I mean, your ass is barely hanging by a thread. Not sure if it was wise to put that out in public like that.
    You haven’t been delivering yourself lately, who are you to put the management on blast like that?
    Also, the timing is terrible. It’s like adding fuel to the fire. No need to point fingers right now.
    That baldi obviously wants to get fired so he could earn his easy 20 million.

31. Thanks (2): Devious, InterFCAustin

Fav. Player
    Javier Zanetti

Egypt

10 years of FIF Most Diverse Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yoszee View Post
    That baldi obviously wants to get fired so he could earn his easy 20 million.
    Next time we put a clause like that we tied it to the fucken results in a particular period. Say a coach had a bad run of games 4-5 games collecting 3-4 pts only, this automatically cancels this clause and gives the management the power to fire the coach without paying him a penny.

This is how you do business you dumb fucken clueless overpaid so called directors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InterFCAustin View Post
    I believe he meant well, but yeah, thinking about it it wasn't so wise.

Quote Originally Posted by GenDire View Post
    They should put the whole squad on the sex offender list for exposing themselves in front of 10,000 children

33. Thanks (4): InterFCAustin, Maslany, MVD, yoszee